Doug went after Bobby

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IrishNW":jl3vjo1h said:
semiahmoo":jl3vjo1h said:
I repeated over and over again last season the dissension behind the scenes with this team.

Some didn't want to listen -

I said I was right then and it's indisputable now.

Apologies not required. Just pay attention when I chime in because I know a little something about a little something...

so do you have sources on this stuff or are you just making guesses like everyone else?

I mean, there was a big investigative piece about dissension behind the scenes on the Seahawks written by a very respected sports journalist this off-season*, but many folks here just dismissed it out of hand.

Just to say that it's not like semiahmoo's claim is coming out of left field or anything.

And TBF, we don't even need behind-the-scenes reportage to know that the frequency of infighting on the Seahawks' sidelines even during games over the past few years is really, really rare in the NFL.

*Wickersham's piece on the dissension and downfall of the Harbaugh era 49ers has gotta be one of the best pieces of NFL investigative reporting I've read in the last decade. That's a personal opinion of course, but generally he is incredibly well respected among his fellow sports journalists.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Chris Carter talked about it too. It is starting to look like Pete is a 4-year coach, like Harbaugh. His act rings hollow after 4 years, players know that always compete is not a real thing, they know some guys will be held to a different standard. In college that is ok because all of those players are gone after the 4th or 5th season.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Blitzer88":18jmep8z said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ADubsK5/status/912178158358679552[/tweet]

Things are not right with this team right now.
Anybody have any footage of this??

I must have missed seeing this!!

sdog1981

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":dn7ip3na said:
Blitzer88":dn7ip3na said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ADubsK5/status/912178158358679552[/tweet]

Things are not right with this team right now.
Anybody have any footage of this??

I must have missed seeing this!!

I don't know what happened but the first post that started all of this had a video in it when it posted. The video is gone now, if the OP could post a link that would help.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2hu9s44s said:
It does feel like Pete has lost control of this team. Honestly I think it would have been best for both Sherman and Bennet to go. Why they chose to extend Bennet I have no idea.

Probably because he's one of the best defensive lineman in the league, and even yesterday was playing at a high level?

Popeyejones

Reaction score
WindCityHawk":1jsvrpda said:
Natethegreat":1jsvrpda said:
It does feel like Pete has lost control of this team. Honestly I think it would have been best for both Sherman and Bennet to go. Why they chose to extend Bennet I have no idea.

Probably because he's one of the best defensive lineman in the league, and even yesterday was playing at a high level?

Yeah, Bennett had his offsides penalties, but him and Richardson were both totally dominating yesterday.

Frank Clark was getting abused and Avril was mostly invisible, but FWIW I have trouble believing that the recent spate of Bennett criticisms are football related, as he has looked really good this year (and even up from last year).

mistaowen

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3rt2z8h8 said:
WindCityHawk":3rt2z8h8 said:
Natethegreat":3rt2z8h8 said:

Yeah, Bennett had his offsides penalties, but him and Richardson were both totally dominating yesterday.

Frank Clark was getting abused and Avril was mostly invisible, but FWIW I have trouble believing that the recent spate of Bennett criticisms are football related, as he has looked really good this year (and even up from last year).

None of it is football related. Bennett is having a great season again. They all mostly show up in the gameday forum showing their true colors.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
semiahmoo":3rfe7w68 said:
I repeated over and over again last season the dissension behind the scenes with this team.

and again and again and again

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Are you gonna make me watch this shitshow of a game again and post a pic of it here? Please dont make me...I actually want to delete it off my dvr harddrive.

Foghawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2n15k1yd said:
Are you gonna make me watch this shitshow of a game again and post a pic of it here? Please dont make me...I actually want to delete it off my dvr harddrive.

I don't think you're are going to find this on the telecast, It was sideline video shot by a photojournalist (the guy who tweeted it) from King5. Probably was told to take it down, or felt it better if he did. Censorship. :lol:

Hawks46

Reaction score
SeaChickN":3pi3ftti said:
Oh come on. They are passionate men playing a passionate game. So what if the camera caught this? They scrap in practice all the time too, and have for years. They say they are like "brothers." I fought with my brothers sometimes like that too.

Doug seemed perfectly composed in his post game interview.

This. In practice, it's almost always Offense vs. Defense. You get in scraps and it's competitive and contentious at times.

But against another color jersey, it's us against them. Always.

Nothing to see here other than passionate guys playing football. I'd rather this than "ah well, my game check still cashed. whatevs"

Seymour

Reaction score
Can somebody at least tell us when this happened?

This isn't heat of battle like practice. They play for the same team against a common opponent. This is not the same environment as practice...period.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Seymour":1j3a63m6 said:

This isn't heat of battle like practice. They play for the same team against a common opponent. This is not the same environment as practice...period.

Doug was walking back to the sideline after a stalled drive, looks like second half of the game, and then he looked up and started barking at someone on the sideline. As Doug got closer to the sideline you could see that he was directing his barking at Bobby who then proceeded to approach him and having a heated exchange with teammates like Kam and Germain breaking them up before it got even worse.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seymour":m5zgr4ac said:

Yeah, the stakes are actually high during the game