Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bennett Plantar Fascia injury

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Bennett Plantar Fascia injury
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:40 pm
  • Pete mentioned this in his presser today.

Bad news. Extremely painful, likely to linger and have an impact all season (if confirmed as a tear)
    Last edited by Coug_Hawk08 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Re: Bennett Plantar Fascia injury
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:43 pm
  • Dammit.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:46 pm

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:49 pm
  • Didn't he play with turf toe or something last year?
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 pm
  • The thing is you can play with that injury and not make it worse from what I have heard,
    It is about how much pain can you tolerate.
    SkyDoc can give us a real answer.I am more or less spectulating.
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:23 pm
  • It is one of those frustrating, hard to nail down problems. The symptoms don't always correlate well with the severity of the damage. Like turf toe, each injury is unique and you can't necessarily predict how the patient will be able to function based on how others have recovered after a similar degree of injury. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that he is pursuing PRP injections, orthotripsy, or possibly Regenokine injection during the bye week. Full recovery won't come until the off season unless he wants to take several weeks off mid-season. Being said, it wouldn't be uncommon for a player to play through the injury. There may be games where he has to come out for a while though. When it flares, it feels like your foot is being held in a puddle of burning gasoline.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 pm
  • He will be riding the stationary bike a lot, very little practicing and suiting up on sundays to play... how effective he will be with the injury remains to be seen but he should be in the lineup
    soohawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:39 pm
  • nanomoz wrote:Injuries have been worse this year, no? It's getting to the point that we're just about snakebitten.

These guys have been playing 18-19 game seasons since 2012 it is going to add up for certain position groups.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm
  • I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.
    Schadie001
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:44 pm
  • I had it from training for a marathon and it still gets aggravated 4 years later. Granted I didn't go through the kind of recovery Bennett will.
    EverydayImRusselin
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 pm
  • Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

It's one of those nagging injuries that, as far as I know, requires total rest (as in no athletics) for it to fully heal. If we weren't already down Avril I'd like to see him take a few weeks off now and try to get it right for the rest of the season.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:29 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

It's one of those nagging injuries that, as far as I know, requires total rest (as in no athletics) for it to fully heal. If we weren't already down Avril I'd like to see him take a few weeks off now and try to get it right for the rest of the season.

I play a lot of tennis and am bothered by it ever so often.. I just throw some DMSO on it and I'm back playing next week.
    DMSO.. hate the smell, but damn that stuff works.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:43 pm
  • Good thing we have clark AKA lawrence taylor 2.0
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:54 pm
  • Crap.......injuries are killing us this year.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:43 pm
  • Schadie001 wrote:I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

So it’s worse from sitting down? Lmao....
    Hachtung
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:52 pm
  • Schadie001 wrote:I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

:ditto: Most can "play through" this type of injury.....so much worse getting up in the morning.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:13 pm
  • It's variable. For some it's worse the morning after activity. For me, it's worst during activity. If I step wrong, I get searing pain and fall to the ground. We won't really know how it will effect him until he plays on it.
    Fire Tom Cable
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:15 pm

Were you playing professional football with yours? Or any other activity somewhat comparable?
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:50 am
  • netskier wrote:
    Schadie001 wrote:I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

Were you playing professional football with yours? Or any other activity somewhat comparable?

It will tighten up without activity, it's the tendon from the heal to the ball of your foot area, you can get it loose and stretch it cortisone sometimes helps, but as soon as your off of it for any length of time it tightens again and is one of the most painful things you can imagine, foot and mouth pain the two worst things I have ever had.

Over time and some exercises to stretch it out if not torn can recover, but it takes a while depending on degree, football where your putting extreme force on it when it is already tight could be an issue, being a lineman of any sort where your also taking on extra force and having to plant and lift could be one of the worst things. Just walking normal is an issue till you get it loose and it's like stepping on a nail every step.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:05 pm
  • JGfromtheNW wrote:Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

I recall Zach playing courageously with his injury, but never really playing well with it.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:33 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:It is one of those frustrating, hard to nail down problems. The symptoms don't always correlate well with the severity of the damage. Like turf toe, each injury is unique and you can't necessarily predict how the patient will be able to function based on how others have recovered after a similar degree of injury. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that he is pursuing PRP injections, orthotripsy, or possibly Regenokine injection during the bye week. Full recovery won't come until the off season unless he wants to take several weeks off mid-season. Being said, it wouldn't be uncommon for a player to play through the injury. There may be games where he has to come out for a while though. When it flares, it feels like your foot is being held in a puddle of burning gasoline.

Does getting rest immediately after the injury generally help with the recovery ? Or is it still like you said; a case by case situation ?

Just wondering if having the bye right after he injured it helps more.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:31 pm
  • Imagine taking a step.. and every step your heel is walking on a 16 penny nail. Trainers and medics won't tell them,(maybe) but DMSO heels it fast.. anyone ever try it for that or any other soreness?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:46 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:It is one of those frustrating, hard to nail down problems. The symptoms don't always correlate well with the severity of the damage. Like turf toe, each injury is unique and you can't necessarily predict how the patient will be able to function based on how others have recovered after a similar degree of injury. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that he is pursuing PRP injections, orthotripsy, or possibly Regenokine injection during the bye week. Full recovery won't come until the off season unless he wants to take several weeks off mid-season. Being said, it wouldn't be uncommon for a player to play through the injury. There may be games where he has to come out for a while though. When it flares, it feels like your foot is being held in a puddle of burning gasoline.

Thank you.

I took the term to mean he just didn't know how to grow weed properly. :D
    Please post no anti white rhetoric via "entertainment sports programming network"
    Pride is in the content of your character.
    400WattHPSHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:01 am
  • It takes away all explosion.

Hard to play fast with a blown out wheel.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:24 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:Imagine taking a step.. and every step your heel is walking on a 16 penny nail. Trainers and medics won't tell them,(maybe) but DMSO heels it fast.. anyone ever try it for that or any other soreness?

My little brother currently uses it to improve his tennis game; he had a sore hip. He also treated a sore shoulder with it. He is not sore any more, but his wife complains about the sulfur smell. But at least he is doing well on the court, if not in the courting.

Our parents both used it for several years to treat their bad backs, but gave it up eventually because of the smell, when their backs stopped hurting.

Many stores, including Costco, sell the related compound DMSO2, which is DMSO with an extra Oxygen, for aches and pains, under the name MSM, which is in many anti-arthritis products. It is less effective than DMSO, but does not give you that garlic-like breath. Being a white powder, you can not apply it topically as you can the liquid DMSO.

I have dabbled with it for minor aches and pains, sore shoulder once, and it worked quickly on me.

Vets use it as a standard treatment on million dollar race horses, the kind that run in the Kentucky Derby; they can't win races with sore limbs.

It is kept secret because big Pharma can not make money with it; it would be a billion dollar product if they could, because it works so well for so many things.

Archie Scott wrote "The DMSO Handbook for Doctors", $14, 2013, 125 pages. This book is written in language for the layman, and I highly recommend it. I ran into him last month at the annual meeting of the Cancer Control Society Convention, where he presented a paper titled "DMSO in the Treatment of Cancer, Brain Injuries & Other Problems". I asked him what he was working on now, and he told me that he was working with football players, and their physicians, wanting to treat their CTE from football.

I wonder what our BigSkyDoc thinks about DMSO. I am particularly interested in counter-indications for it. That unknown is all that stops me from using it a lot more. From what little I have read, it is extremely safe. You just have to handle it extremely carefully because it dissolves almost everything, and could carry toxic chemicals into your body through the skin on your hands.

I would be amazed if pro football team trainers were not using it on their players.
    Netskier
    netskier
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:29 am

I think you are confusing plantar fasciitis with a plantar fascial tear. Different medical problems entirely. A fascial tear just needs time to heal unless its a complete tear and then needs surgery. Plantar fasciitis is like a chronic tendinosis (similar to tennis elbow, achilles tendinitis, iliotibial band syndrome). It's more a chronic wear and tear issue with little inflammation.

Bennett tore his plantar fascia. It will heal with 4-6 weeks of rest. But if he wants to play, he can support it with insoles but it will be painful and not heal until after the season. If it's a minor tear, he might be better off resting it for 4 weeks and coming back. But we'll see.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:56 am
  • Hopefully it isn't like a tear or partial tear.

New shoes could help tremendously. There's also a boot you can sleep in that keeps the fascia extended that helps a lot of people within a few weeks. But he'll be in the pool and on the bike a lot. Off his feet. I'd guess he'll be able to play on Sundays.

I've had two different kinds. I've had it in the arch of my foot, where I'd wake up in the morning and I had to crawl to the shower, crawl to the kitchen and crawl to my clothes and crawl to the car. By the time I got to work I could kind of walk. Stretch it out the fascia during the day and it wasn't noticeable until the next morning. This was remedied literally within two weeks once I got shoes with more cushion.

I've got it now where it's not in the arch, but right on the ball of the heel. Probably more of a heel spur than plantar fasciitis. It doesn't hurt in the morning, but gets more and more painful the more I'm on my feet. If I play basketball or go running, it's extremely painful the following day or two. Not sure how to remedy this one yet. Tried heel cups and insoles, and am ordering the boot today.
    I'm fly
    I should be in the sky with birds
    Tical21
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:19 am
  • netskier wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Imagine taking a step.. and every step your heel is walking on a 16 penny nail. Trainers and medics won't tell them,(maybe) but DMSO heels it fast.. anyone ever try it for that or any other soreness?

My little brother currently uses it to improve his tennis game; he had a sore hip. He also treated a sore shoulder with it. He is not sore any more, but his wife complains about the sulfur smell. But at least he is doing well on the court, if not in the courting.

Our parents both used it for several years to treat their bad backs, but gave it up eventually because of the smell, when their backs stopped hurting.

Many stores, including Costco, sell the related compound DMSO2, which is DMSO with an extra Oxygen, for aches and pains, under the name MSM, which is in many anti-arthritis products. It is less effective than DMSO, but does not give you that garlic-like breath. Being a white powder, you can not apply it topically as you can the liquid DMSO.

I have dabbled with it for minor aches and pains, sore shoulder once, and it worked quickly on me.

Vets use it as a standard treatment on million dollar race horses, the kind that run in the Kentucky Derby; they can't win races with sore limbs.

It is kept secret because big Pharma can not make money with it; it would be a billion dollar product if they could, because it works so well for so many things.

Archie Scott wrote "The DMSO Handbook for Doctors", $14, 2013, 125 pages. This book is written in language for the layman, and I highly recommend it. I ran into him last month at the annual meeting of the Cancer Control Society Convention, where he presented a paper titled "DMSO in the Treatment of Cancer, Brain Injuries & Other Problems". I asked him what he was working on now, and he told me that he was working with football players, and their physicians, wanting to treat their CTE from football.

I wonder what our BigSkyDoc thinks about DMSO. I am particularly interested in counter-indications for it. That unknown is all that stops me from using it a lot more. From what little I have read, it is extremely safe. You just have to handle it extremely carefully because it dissolves almost everything, and could carry toxic chemicals into your body through the skin on your hands.

I would be amazed if pro football team trainers were not using it on their players.

I've never used DMSO, but worked out with 2 guys who used it regularly, both died young. Now I'm not saying that DMSO had anything to do with it, but a solvent DiMethylSulphoxide scared the hell outta me, and I never tried it. They said that seconds after use they could taste garlic in their mouth. My fear was that a chemical that could move throughout your body that rapidly was something not to take lightly. They used it as a transport medium for anti-inflammatories.
    Anajimmc
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:32 pm
  • Anajimmc wrote:
    netskier wrote:
    Bobblehead wrote:Imagine taking a step.. and every step your heel is walking on a 16 penny nail. Trainers and medics won't tell them,(maybe) but DMSO heels it fast.. anyone ever try it for that or any other soreness?

I've never used DMSO, but worked out with 2 guys who used it regularly, both died young. Now I'm not saying that DMSO had anything to do with it, but a solvent DiMethylSulphoxide scared the hell outta me, and I never tried it. They said that seconds after use they could taste garlic in their mouth. My fear was that a chemical that could move throughout your body that rapidly was something not to take lightly. They used it as a transport medium for anti-inflammatories.

There has never been a death diagnosed as a result of DMSO. Big Pharm wants to scare you away from it since it really is a marvel as a delivery system for other things and as a anti inflammatory. Yeah, you can get scented DMSO that masks it and becomes unnoticeable. The healing ability and pain relief more than makes up for the taste. BTW, it's a natural product, it's not a man made chemical.. BIG Pharm also applied the label as a solvent just to scare you more so. Again, I"ve had PF and a week of DMSO, it was gone.. in fact, a day after, the pain in minimal.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 pm
  • I would be amazed if pro football team trainers were not using it on their players.

I"m thinking trainers and team Doctors won't prescribe anything that is not FDA approved in case of legal ramifications.
    I'm pretty sure, the players would have to take it upon themselves.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:13 pm
  • netskier wrote:
    JGfromtheNW wrote:Damn that's a bummer it was a plantar fascia injury, but as stated already it's not the worst of things to deal with. Zach Miller dealt with it and played through it in 2012 or 2013 IIRC.

I recall Zach playing courageously with his injury, but never really playing well with it.

Miller tore his plantar fascia on the third play of the Divisional Playoffs in Atlanta game in 2013, and finished the game with eight receptions for 142 yards and a touchdown. Im sure they shot his foot up to allow him to play though the pain.
    907Hawk
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:46 pm
  • Mad Dog wrote:
    Schadie001 wrote:I had it in my right foot for a solid year. He will be fine..it usually doesn’t hurt when you are active. It always hurt the worst in the morning or after I had been sitting for a while. There are shoe inserts that take the pressure off. It will be uncomfortable but not unplayable. There are worse injuries to have.

I think you are confusing plantar fasciitis with a plantar fascial tear. Different medical problems entirely. A fascial tear just needs time to heal unless its a complete tear and then needs surgery. Plantar fasciitis is like a chronic tendinosis (similar to tennis elbow, achilles tendinitis, iliotibial band syndrome). It's more a chronic wear and tear issue with little inflammation.

Thanks for bringing this up, this is a good point -- it's easy to conflate the two. When I read the topic title, I immediately thought of Albert Pujols who has battled plantar fascitis for many, many years.
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:54 pm
  • D is old = more injuries.

Bennett is not the force he once was anyways. If he goes down it's a loss, but not a huge one.
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:29 am
  • semiahmoo wrote:D is old = more injuries.

Bennett is not the force he once was anyways. If he goes down it's a loss, but not a huge one.

Plus his Plantars were too big slowing him down.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 am
  • Smellyman wrote:
    semiahmoo wrote:D is old = more injuries.

Plus his Plantars were too big slowing him down.

Agree. Too damn slow, and tired of playing for peanuts.

Seymour
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:06 pm
  • "Peanuts"? The average American making $50,000 a year will bring in $2 million in a lifetime. What does Bennet make? ....about 4X that in a year! Let's put things in perspective.
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:59 pm
  • semiahmoo wrote:D is old = more injuries.

Yeah maybe he should just amputate his foot, it'll stop slowing him down. :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:28 am
  • Peyton still won a super bowl playing through this injury.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:32 am
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:"Peanuts"? The average American making $50,000 a year will bring in $2 million in a lifetime. What does Bennet make? ....about 4X that in a year! Let's put things in perspective.

Literal much? Wordplay is lost on some... Okay, I'll go ahead and explain. The topic is a Plantar Fascia injury. 'Plantar' sounds like 'Planters'. Planters is a brand of peanut. Mr Peanut was even included to make it more obvious.

I hope this helps.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:11 am
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:"Peanuts"? The average American making $50,000 a year will bring in $2 million in a lifetime. What does Bennet make? ....about 4X that in a year! Let's put things in perspective.

Literal much? Wordplay is lost on some... Okay, I'll go ahead and explain. The topic is a Plantar Fascia injury. 'Plantar' sounds like 'Planters'. Planters is a brand of peanut. Mr Peanut was even included to make it more obvious.

I hope this helps.

Haha! Too good! :2thumbs:
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 am
  • New age injury treatment. I have suffered from severe lower spine injury and ongoing deterioration of the same for years, in effect my Doc says I’ve been living and working with a busted back for most of my adult life. Up antil recently there hasn’t been much anyone could do except embed a pain pump and regulate a flow of pain killer into my spinal cord. It works in that the pain is manageable and I’m able to get around with out too much difficulty.

Recently in one of my appointments with my doc I saw a flyer on a new “Stem Cell” injection treatment using my own stem cells and whatever else it was they extracted from my own body to create an injectable concoction that is injected into the damaged area of your body, in my instance it would be the lower joints of my spine, and theoretically it would cause my damaged disks to mend themselves back to like new over a short period of time.

My insurance won’t pay for the treatment yet although it’s been approved by the FDA. My doc said that in many instances only one treatment is needed, at a cost of a few thousand dollars. She said if I was going to save for something this treatment might be something to consider saving for, because it appears to be working for a whole lot of folks.
    I’m thinking maybe this treatment might be why we are seeing more players healing up more quickly from injuries than we have in past times. Maybe why they were suggesting that Chris Carson might be able to return to action as early as December.

I think we’re on the cusp of some really big advancements in the treatment of injuries for athletes, especially in the NFL because it seems to be where the most severe and frequent accidents are occurring. There is so much miss information on stem cell treatment out there right now that probably a lot of folks are not talking about it if they are undergoing treatments.
    I know some of the reports coming from the Seahawks is that there have been a group of players involved in related type treatment this past year and I suspect that Bennett probably would benefit from treatment like this, if he isn’t already engaged in it.
    I am a tried and true Seattle Seahawks 12th man, as are all of my children and grandchildren. I wholeheartedly believe that the 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. The Seahawks are only as strong as their true Heart & Soul.
    pacific101
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:05 am
  • pacific101 wrote:New age injury treatment. I have suffered from severe lower spine injury and ongoing deterioration of the same for years, in effect my Doc says I’ve been living and working with a busted back for most of my adult life. Up antil recently there hasn’t been much anyone could do except embed a pain pump and regulate a flow of pain killer into my spinal cord. It works in that the pain is manageable and I’m able to get around with out too much difficulty.

Recently in one of my appointments with my doc I saw a flyer on a new “Stem Cell” injection treatment using my own stem cells and whatever else it was they extracted from my own body to create an injectable concoction that is injected into the damaged area of your body, in my instance it would be the lower joints of my spine, and theoretically it would cause my damaged disks to mend themselves back to like new over a short period of time.

My insurance won’t pay for the treatment yet although it’s been approved by the FDA. My doc said that in many instances only one treatment is needed, at a cost of a few thousand dollars. She said if I was going to save for something this treatment might be something to consider saving for, because it appears to be working for a whole lot of folks.
    I’m thinking maybe this treatment might be why we are seeing more players healing up more quickly from injuries than we have in past times. Maybe why they were suggesting that Chris Carson might be able to return to action as early as December.

I think we’re on the cusp of some really big advancements in the treatment of injuries for athletes, especially in the NFL because it seems to be where the most severe and frequent accidents are occurring. There is so much miss information on stem cell treatment out there right now that probably a lot of folks are not talking about it if they are undergoing treatments.
    I know some of the reports coming from the Seahawks is that there have been a group of players involved in related type treatment this past year and I suspect that Bennett probably would benefit from treatment like this, if he isn’t already engaged in it.

The insurance companies and other regulatory aspects of our country plus the activists that throw up your killing babies prevent a lot of things from becoming affordable and main stream in the United States, why players go to other places for treatments sometimes. Didin't we have like 4 players go somewhere this season to get a treatment for joint pain?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:51 am
  • https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/ ... c-overview

Just a little info. I decided to go and read a little deeper at to what the causes, treatment and prognosis was for Planter Faciitis.

Professional athletes undoubtedly have the best treatments for these things known to modern medicine so I will be surprised if Bennetts ailment will be even barely noticeable.
    BlueBlood
    NET Veteran

Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:54 am
  • pacific101 wrote:New age injury treatment. I have suffered from severe lower spine injury and ongoing deterioration of the same for years, in effect my Doc says I’ve been living and working with a busted back for most of my adult life. Up antil recently there hasn’t been much anyone could do except embed a pain pump and regulate a flow of pain killer into my spinal cord. It works in that the pain is manageable and I’m able to get around with out too much difficulty.

I think someone is being a little overly hopeful. Stem Cells really can only do so much. Mostly they secrete some growth factors then die. They don't magically recreate complex tissues without significant manipulation to do so. The reason they are not mainstream treatments is because the medical evidence is lacking for substantial effect. Just because something is FDA approved doesn't mean its clinically useful. FDA cares much more about safety than efficacy. As long as stem cell injections are safe, even with minimal evidence of benefit, they can be approved. That's why there are a billion health supplements on the market. It's not because they are that beneficial. It's because they are safe.

Certainly if my living was dependent on the physical health of my muscles, tendons and joints, I'd try a whole lot of safe but dubious treatments to get better faster. Doesn't mean that it's a new revolution in science.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:"Peanuts"? The average American making $50,000 a year will bring in $2 million in a lifetime. What does Bennet make? ....about 4X that in a year! Let's put things in perspective.

It was a joke based on his wage whining prior to extension and "Plantars" peanuts. You do remember that correct?
    BTW, the "average American" earns $32,000 per year anyway so your numbers are off a bit. ;)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:01 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information