Raibs and Moon

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":32hwk709 said:
ivotuk":32hwk709 said:
Moon used to say some odd things, and I always worried he has CTE. But he's light years better now and could hold his own without a co-announcer. But him and Raible together? Cha-ching! Money.

I love having guys that have played the game (at a high level even), are able to describe thing well, and, that can give colorful, exciting descriptions without resorting to profanity. I have the utmost respect for people how don't use profanity. I can't do it. Smash a finger...

But the 2 most Classic Announcement/Exclamations are Warren Moon's "AH!" and "Game Over Baby!"
The Tip game against SF....It was awesome!!! I listened to the call after the game and so wished I could have heard that live instead of the National telecast announcers(don't remember who they were). I love Raible and Moon...
On a side note; I thought the Beast Quake game was the best non-Raible/Moon game telecast. The call of 'The Run' was classic. I can't remember who that was but his "get off me" quote was classic.

Mike Mayock. Forget the other guys name.

netskier

Reaction score
Lanakila":ukdliavy said:
While I would obviously rather watch the game on TV listening to Raibs and Moon isn't bad at all. I had the power go out during a game once. I ran out to my car and listened to it on the radio. Was great. They do a good job of creating that 'theater of the mind' thing for the game.

Well, based on the tips a couple of guys here gave me, I am going to try to do both at once. Watch tv while listening to Raibs and Moon on the radio via the Internet.

Thanks guys.

sutz

Reaction score
netskier":2hvffwbv said:
Lanakila":2hvffwbv said:
While I would obviously rather watch the game on TV listening to Raibs and Moon isn't bad at all. I had the power go out during a game once. I ran out to my car and listened to it on the radio. Was great. They do a good job of creating that 'theater of the mind' thing for the game.

Well, based on the tips a couple of guys here gave me, I am going to try to do both at once. Watch tv while listening to Raibs and Moon on the radio via the Internet.

Thanks guys.
I don't know about the Internet, but I know the radio broadcast is several seconds off from the TV broadcast, so that may not work well. ;)

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
When I can't watch the game, I listen on the 710 app...

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/710app/?

When I want to watch the game on TV, I pause my DVR and let the App broadcast catch up with the TV broadcast, about 2-3 minutes behind, and plug it in to my surround sound receiver. Works great, tho the commercials don't match.

Good luck.

As for Raible and Moon, yes, compared to others, we are very fortunate.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed with many here-Raible has always been fantastic as a play by play man and Moon provides solid color commentary. It's rare to have a play by play guy who was also a pro player to add additional insight-Pat Summerall the only other that immediately comes to mind. I hope Raible can keep doing it for many years to come. He really paints a picture with his calls.

The Breh

Reaction score
sdog1981":1uyl19sm said:
Ron Wolfley is the Cardinals guy.
I just moved down here to Mesa and am stuck with the sports radio they got.
Wolfley s downright AWFUL.
He's got his job off that voice alone.
His daily show is unbearable and he's such an over exxaggerater it's miserable.
Like dude a few posts later (don't know how to multi-quote) said Seattle fans have been awfully blessed with our locals.

Neihaus
Calabro
Raible
Rondo

All very instrumental in our experience with each of their respective teams.
So many memories and classic calls from those guys.

chris98251

Reaction score
141130-gross-beauty-600.jpg

1509317113_30571597001_asset-1248433060344.jpg

91lqV3ygOkL

img201301231322591187576561.jpg

Sonics program 50

1pqchf

[youtube]gxIwtQao3zs[/youtube]

Raible3

2009534498 300x0

920x920

Aristotle22

Reaction score
Paul Allen for the Vikings is terrific. Pretty emotional and knowledgable. Fun tandem

baumer64

Reaction score
For those of us old enough to remember the inaugural season of the Seahawks and that Era of sports radio, Pete Gross was "The Man" and what an amazing voice for the Hawks. Also spent many nights listening to Bob Blackburn broadcasting the Sonics. I remember the transition to Calabrese with both of them working group together. That was awsome! Being from Eastern Washington, I'm a Coug fan so of course Bob Robertson HAS to be added to this list of greats. Again as a kid I listened to his voice broadcasting many football and basketball games.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Aristotle22":37lkxn5w said:
Paul Allen for the Vikings is terrific. Pretty emotional and knowledgable. Fun tandem
But he's a terrible host for the flagship radio station's morning talk show. He's creepy and very narcissistic.

Latest posts