Greatest embarassment from the stadium (by a Giant's fan)

mikeak

Reaction score
I am confused

How did we manage to artificially make noise at the Metlife stadium?.... :stirthepot:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
mikeak":2u6ve9xw said:
I am confused

How did we manage to artificially make noise at the Metlife stadium?.... :stirthepot:

Presumably the same way we did it for SB XLVIII.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
mikeak":1w2vei09 said:
I am confused

Ha, I see what you did there. :2thumbs:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Giants fans also booed their offense late in the game after a three and out.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Giants are decimated. Should be considered a top NFC contender if they weren't a M*A*S*H unit.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
seahawksny":2f285u76 said:
I was there it was absolutely true.
It made up for an absolute horror of a stadium to park and attend. Took me 40 min to get from my parking spot to my seat.

The post is 100% true. Hawk fans were in full force!

I was REALLY surprised that even at 1-5, the fan participation for the Giants was as poor as it was. Nobody cheering ( not that there was much to cheer for). Nobody excited to be there, but this is a team that has won 2 SBs with Eli and I was surprised they were so lethargic. The Hawks probably represented 15-20% of the fans and we overshadowed them COMPLETELY.

As a native of Seattle who lives in NY, it was my first time showing my two older sons the Hawks Live ( 14, and 12 years old). I was so happy to give them this experience.

In speaking to another season ticket holder he told me

1) MAYBE with the exception of Dallas, he had never seen a fan base travel so well
2) he had NEVER seen opposing fans with so many beautiful WOMEN!!!

True story

I think this is only part of it. I'm originally from NY (not that that proves anything) and became a Seahawks fan as a kid. My hypothesis is that there is a large Seahawk fanbase in the State itself. Just makes sense to me given that it seems the 12s really tend to show up at Metlife in full force I think more so than any other away game. I could be totally wrong but it is just a hunch.

Hawks46

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":3tkmex6n said:
I was at the game and there was a huge hawk presence. As the post states, all Giants fans had vacated by about the five minute mark and all the Hawk fans had moved down close to the field. Players were stoked by the big Hawk presence, kept running by the concentrated spots giving thanks and rallying the crowd to keep chanting.

Giants fans were polite and more dismayed the product their franchise put on the field than anything. No fights or other such bullshit that I saw.

Great away experience all-in-all!

NY fans were polite ? Damn.

Erebus

Reaction score
12 Nation is actually a thing, not just limited to the PNW or NY. The same thing happened halfway through the 4th quarter in our game in Baltimore in 2015. Seahawks fans literally took over the stadium. And that’s a fan base much more passionate than the Giants.

chris98251

Reaction score
Erebus":2hydmcvz said:
12 Nation is actually a thing, not just limited to the PNW or NY. The same thing happened halfway through the 4th quarter in our game in Baltimore in 2015. Seahawks fans literally took over the stadium. And that’s a fan base much more passionate than the Giants.

Times have changed, it's cool to see us be one of the better traveling fan bases, but there was a time when this Forum was cussing our fan base, More Green Bay, San Francisco, Steelers fans seemingly at our home games then our fans. It wasn't true there were more but they opposition was well represented. It's cool that we now have that level of travel representation.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
I remember watching an AZ away game(nationally televised) and all I heard on TV was Seahawk fans. It was awesome. So was XLVIII. HUGE fan base.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Aros":1ziqcoov said:
One thing I noticed right away was they had ZERO noise when we were on offense. Sounded like an outdoor library. So weird. At least they had a rowdy group chanting "Seahawks Suck!" Other than that you would have never thought it was a football game.

I didn't really notice watching the game on TV until I heard Russ in the huddle calling a play on offense, and thought, wait a minute! We're not at home! But it sounded like a home game on offense. The crowd was far more Seahawky than a lot of games.

:irishdrinkers:

sprhawk73

Reaction score
It is way better in the NW, I'd hate to have grown up somewhere with a bunch of teams. Through the good, bad & ugly, the 12th man stands Loud and Proud behind our team.

2 home games, Houston & Washington, time to take back the division. :rumble:

CHawk

Reaction score
I was at the game, Giants fan unimpressive cheering for their team, Luuuukkkkee chant was in full force and the Seahawks fans yelling continued all the way out of the stadium.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That was great to hear on TV.

It's cool to see how big our fanbase has gotten, to see the fanbase travel

RW92

Reaction score
Mindsink":6d23oqs3 said:
This was so glorious to read. :mrgreen:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/in ... ead=558953

Family has had season tickets since 1948.

I have attended virtually all home games since the early 1960s.

Something took place today I don't every recall happening.

With about 5 minutes left on the gameclock, and any chance at a Giants victory gone, the Seattle fans simply took over the entire stadium.

The chant was very loud and came from every corner of the stadium. SEA followed by others shouting HAWKS. On and on it went. Here we are in our home stadium, and the visiting teams fans have taken over the stadium.

Every Giants fan still at the game had to listen to it.

Every Giants player and coach had to listen to it.

Every Giants Front Office staff and owners had to listen to it.

Though it was 5 minutes on the gameclock, the chants went on for about 15-20 minutes of actual time before the game clock reached zero.

It was embarrassing. It was humbling. It was gut wrenching.

It hurt. It really hurt.

He's right. I was there. The Seahawks took over the stadium. And let me just add. Something happened to this team yesterday. I fire has been lit. The defense will carry us into the playoffs, because they want to be the #1 Def by the end of the year. I just have that feeling.

chris98251

Reaction score
RW92":2fta6hiy said:
Mindsink":2fta6hiy said:
This was so glorious to read. :mrgreen:

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/in ... ead=558953

Family has had season tickets since 1948.

I have attended virtually all home games since the early 1960s.

Something took place today I don't every recall happening.

With about 5 minutes left on the gameclock, and any chance at a Giants victory gone, the Seattle fans simply took over the entire stadium.

The chant was very loud and came from every corner of the stadium. SEA followed by others shouting HAWKS. On and on it went. Here we are in our home stadium, and the visiting teams fans have taken over the stadium.

Every Giants fan still at the game had to listen to it.

Every Giants player and coach had to listen to it.

Every Giants Front Office staff and owners had to listen to it.

Though it was 5 minutes on the gameclock, the chants went on for about 15-20 minutes of actual time before the game clock reached zero.

It was embarrassing. It was humbling. It was gut wrenching.

It hurt. It really hurt.

He's right. I was there. The Seahawks took over the stadium. And let me just add. Something happened to this team yesterday. I fire has been lit. The defense will carry us into the playoffs, because they want to be the #1 Def by the end of the year. I just have that feeling.

Defense has always had a fire, it's when they fan the flames it really looks awesome, now the offense, well Wilson getting them together, Baldwin getting on them, Cable at halftime getting on them, maybe we have the makings of Wilson finally breaking out and being the team leader as well as the teams identity on offense.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Go Seahawks!.
The team is slowly building momentum.
A perfect storm is brewing, even though I am sad we might not be able to run this year.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
I could hear the chants on the TV. Reminded me of the last time the Hawks played here in Baltimore, December 2015. There was a strong presence of 12s. The chants started in the 4th qtr but the Ravens fans were a little stronger than Giants fans and managed to slow the chants.

Still, it is an awesome sound coming from an East Coast stadium.

OP
OP
Mindsink

Mindsink

Reaction score
I was there in 2013, when the final score was 23-0. Same thing happened. SEA-HAWKS echoing throughout the stadium, and the chanting continued all the way back to the parking lots.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Keep referring to us as the Seattle Sea Chickens and next time we'll all stand up and chant in two parts "Cockle" "Doo Doodle Doo" for 15 minutes lol, bet next time we come to town we get called Seahawks for a change ;).