Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

NFL reviewing Russell Wilson's concussion test

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • renofox wrote:I've watched a lot of games this year and last year, and this is the first time I've seen a QB forced out of the game merely for concussion protocol, including dozens and dozens of harder hits with the QB getting up much slower than RW did. Amazing how so many extremely rare occurrences happen to the Seahawks. Just coincidence, I'm sure.


    agreed. RW took a nasty shot to the the chin and looked a little woozey, but I have never seen a NFL ref order a player to the sideline like this before. If the ref thought he was concussed by the play why not throw the flag and boot the offender.?

    I have had several concussions while playing HS football and in my later career. If it isnt to bad you snap out of if quickly and are pissed off for being set aside. RW did get his bell wrung, but it wasnt that bad. He knew it thats why he played along then bolted. Why wasn't the guy that put his forehead in to RW chin booted out of the game?
    irocdave
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1451
    Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:24 pm


  • This will turn bad on us. Whatever the maximum possible consequences are, expect that.
    The Moment: Image
    User avatar
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 953
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am


  • TwilightError wrote:This will turn bad on us. Whatever the maximum possible consequences are, expect that.


    Max penalty is a fine
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:This will turn bad on us. Whatever the maximum possible consequences are, expect that.


    Max penalty is a fine


    Not sure where you read that. Penalties for ignoring concussion protocol for competitive reasons includes loss of draft picks.

    Schefter is also reporting now that the league has confirmed the Seahawks violated protocol so punishment incoming!
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • Two words: Julian Edelman.
    The Great Hawktini
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 267
    Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:38 pm
    Location: Montanas bad lands


  • QuickLightning wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:This will turn bad on us. Whatever the maximum possible consequences are, expect that.


    Max penalty is a fine


    Not sure where you read that. Penalties for ignoring concussion protocol for competitive reasons includes loss of draft picks.

    Schefter is also reporting now that the league has confirmed the Seahawks violated protocol so punishment incoming!


    Read it twice that “Seahawks could be fined up to 150k”

    Also, NFL has not confirmed anything except an investigation. Certainly a punishment is coming. I’ve not read anything about “draft picks”
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 12463
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • Uncle Si wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:
    Uncle Si wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:This will turn bad on us. Whatever the maximum possible consequences are, expect that.


    Max penalty is a fine


    Not sure where you read that. Penalties for ignoring concussion protocol for competitive reasons includes loss of draft picks.

    Schefter is also reporting now that the league has confirmed the Seahawks violated protocol so punishment incoming!


    Read it twice that “Seahawks could be fined up to 150k”

    Also, NFL has not confirmed anything except an investigation. Certainly a punishment is coming. I’ve not read anything about “draft picks”


    Quite a few places have reported it.

    If the NFL finds that there were “aggravating circumstances” or that the protocol was ignored for the sake of competitive advantage, teams face even stiffer penalties, including the loss of draft picks.


    https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/10/166 ... n-protocol

    And here's an article that mentions draft picks as part of the CBA back in 2016, when the rule was put in place.
    https://www.sbnation.com/2016/7/25/1227 ... violations
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • irocdave wrote:
    renofox wrote:I've watched a lot of games this year and last year, and this is the first time I've seen a QB forced out of the game merely for concussion protocol, including dozens and dozens of harder hits with the QB getting up much slower than RW did. Amazing how so many extremely rare occurrences happen to the Seahawks. Just coincidence, I'm sure.


    agreed. RW took a nasty shot to the the chin and looked a little woozey, but I have never seen a NFL ref order a player to the sideline like this before. If the ref thought he was concussed by the play why not throw the flag and boot the offender.?

    I have had several concussions while playing HS football and in my later career. If it isnt to bad you snap out of if quickly and are pissed off for being set aside. RW did get his bell wrung, but it wasnt that bad. He knew it thats why he played along then bolted. Why wasn't the guy that put his forehead in to RW chin booted out of the game?


    Exactly, it seems like this type of decision would incentivize targeting. Defender who goes helmet-to-helmet gets a mere penalty, if that, and stays in the game, while the QB, even if he's fine, gets forced out of the game by the refs and the team gets fined if he comes back in. Quite an asymmetric payoff.
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 144
    Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:41 pm


  • So, tons of injuries with several players done for the season, NFL focuses on procedure violation of a healthy player. OK.
    User avatar
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3715
    Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:26 am


  • Coug_Hawk08 wrote:So, tons of injuries with several players done for the season, NFL focuses on procedure violation of a healthy player. OK.

    The NFL should be HEAVILY FINED for subjecting players to unnecessary risks, forcing them to play a game with only 3 days between all out physical exertion.
    Sherman pointed this out last Year....JJ Watt MIGHT have escaped injury had he been given ENOUGH TIME to recuperate between games.
    I get the rea$on that the NFL doe$ the Thur$day night Game$, eh?
    They are PRETENDING that they have the players best interest at heart, but doing RIGHT by them would cost them too much money.
    Their FAKE CONCERNS piss me off.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6245
    Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:48 pm


  • The NFL's Concussion Protocol states

    In the event... a player sustains a mechanism of injury ("big hit") that is reasonably expected to give rise to a concussion, and/or a concern is raised by another player, coach, game official, ATC spotter, or Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant, the player shall be removed immediately from the field by Club medical personnel.


    If a player exhibits or reports signs or symptoms of concussion on the field and does not require emergent transport for more serious brain injury and/or cervical spine injury, he must be removed and evaluated by the Club medical team.


    So basically, if there is a "big hit" with a mechanism of injury consistent with potential concussion, anyone on the field can raise the concern, and the player has to be removed from the field and evaluated for concussion prior to returning to the field.

    Russ definitely had a mechanism of injury consistent with concussion, and he was raised his hands to his head afterward. He exited the field when told to, but did not undergo an evaluation.

    We can complain all we want about inequity in enforcement of the protocol, but it is very clear that protocol was not followed.
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2101
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Coug_Hawk08 wrote:So, tons of injuries with several players done for the season, NFL focuses on procedure violation of a healthy player. OK.

    The NFL should be HEAVILY FINED for subjecting players to unnecessary risks, forcing them to play a game with only 3 days between all out physical exertion.
    Sherman pointed this out last Year....JJ Watt MIGHT have escaped injury had he been given ENOUGH TIME to recuperate between games.
    I get the rea$on that the NFL doe$ the Thur$day night Game$, eh?
    They are PRETENDING that they have the players best interest at heart, but doing RIGHT by them would cost them too much money.
    Their FAKE CONCERNS piss me off.

    This...100%.
    User avatar
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 671
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:52 pm


  • On a side note, I always find it interesting that all 32 teams in the league have a fan base that thing the league is out to get them. This one is no different, it use to be the scheduling and 10am games. Although this season has one of the most favorable schedules and times ever.

    It's not a conspiracy. Russ isn't the first player to be taken off the field of concussion protocol and testing, although reading this forum you'd think it's never happened. (Happens every week?) it just so happens he was a QB. If they really wanted to screw the hawks why do it on 4th down? Why not on a first down? Why not earlier in the game? Ridiculous to think that was orchestrated.

    Here is another possibility, as far fetched as it may seem. The ref, as an individual perceived the hit, and location of contact a certain way, and possibly had a genuine concern about a fellow human being. Just because Russ said he was okay doesn't mean he was, you can have a concussion and not know it. Let's say he did have one (he may have) and the test was done in the manner it was. Then he had a second one later in the same game, what happens to your 100m+ franchise QB? What happens to be quality of life later?
    User avatar
    ringless
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1995
    Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:37 am


  • Honestly, this is on Russ and the team docs. Russell should have known better than to try to circumvent the rules, and the docs should never have allowed him on the field without following the concussion protocol. One or two more plays with Russ on the sideline would not have made a difference in the game.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    User avatar
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6576
    Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:40 am
    Location: Southern CA


  • ringless wrote:On a side note, I always find it interesting that all 32 teams in the league have a fan base that thing the league is out to get them. This one is no different, it use to be the scheduling and 10am games. Although this season has one of the most favorable schedules and times ever.

    It's not a conspiracy. Russ isn't the first player to be taken off the field of concussion protocol and testing, although reading this forum you'd think it's never happened. (Happens every week?) it just so happens he was a QB. If they really wanted to screw the hawks why do it on 4th down? Why not on a first down? Why not earlier in the game? Ridiculous to think that was orchestrated.

    Here is another possibility, as far fetched as it may seem. The ref, as an individual perceived the hit, and location of contact a certain way, and possibly had a genuine concern about a fellow human being. Just because Russ said he was okay doesn't mean he was, you can have a concussion and not know it. Let's say he did have one (he may have) and the test was done in the manner it was. Then he had a second one later in the same game, what happens to your 100m+ franchise QB? What happens to be quality of life later?



    This. First time I saw Russ look out of it.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 255
    Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:08 pm


  • ringless wrote:On a side note, I always find it interesting that all 32 teams in the league have a fan base that thing the league is out to get them. This one is no different, it use to be the scheduling and 10am games. Although this season has one of the most favorable schedules and times ever.

    It's not a conspiracy. Russ isn't the first player to be taken off the field of concussion protocol and testing, although reading this forum you'd think it's never happened. (Happens every week?) it just so happens he was a QB. If they really wanted to screw the hawks why do it on 4th down? Why not on a first down? Why not earlier in the game? Ridiculous to think that was orchestrated.

    Here is another possibility, as far fetched as it may seem. The ref, as an individual perceived the hit, and location of contact a certain way, and possibly had a genuine concern about a fellow human being. Just because Russ said he was okay doesn't mean he was, you can have a concussion and not know it. Let's say he did have one (he may have) and the test was done in the manner it was. Then he had a second one later in the same game, what happens to your 100m+ franchise QB? What happens to be quality of life later?





    The problem is two fold: First of all, Russ hardly showed any signs of being woozy.....and if the hit was so vicious as to make Walt think it would cause a concussion, why didnt he throw a flag?

    And if anyone was going to be sent out for concussion protocol it should have been your boy Stanton who was taking like 10 seconds to get up by the end of the game.....so why no send off for him?

    Secondly, the way Walt was gifting you guys every gift possible to keep you in the game, its hard not to be suspicious that this was one more act of strangeness in a game that was filled with ways to keep you from being blown to the rafters.

    And as it turns out, Russ was fine, just like he said. No reason a corrupt official should have the absolute authority to force a player off the field and then consequently punish the team that doesnt perform his dog and pony show. Let an arbitrary doctor upstairs make that call.
    Last edited by Hawkpower on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1999
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 3646
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


  • KitsapGuy wrote:


    NFL is extremely stupid. All they are doing is going through the motions. They are seriously just setting themselves up for more litigation. Not saying I'm an expert or have a solution but they are having some serious inconsistency problems when it comes to their rules and or actions in regards to player safety.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3562
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • The way it happened I blame the officials and the medical staff, Russell if being concussed out smarted the whole staff and the officials, went off the sidelines set in tent got out of tent back into game and nobody stopped him till after he had ran another play.

    Being able to do all that kind of proved to me he was alright.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22235
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.



  • XxXdragonXxX wrote:To me it seemed like Russ and the team didnt know he was in concussion protocol. I think they thought he was pulled off for a play because he caused an injury timeout, he hurt his jaw and didnt have a concussion.

    This incident was most likely caused by poor communication from the referees not being clear as to why he was being pulled off.



    This.....
    User avatar
    Year of The Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 995
    Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:18 am


  • Well getting hit in the chin and watching him get up I thought he may have a cut also, it was unclear what was happening.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 22235
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


  • Stanton didn't get pulled out because he wasn't getting hit in the head....he was slow to get up because he was getting pummeled in general. He had whole body aches, not a concussion. :)

    Wilson sure didn't look concussed to me when he got up and jogged to the sidelines - he never had that 'go limp' moment that really makes you worry. That being said the ref absolutely did the right thing - if he suspects a concussion he needs yank the player for testing.

    From what I could see on TV, Russell evaluated himself and put himself back in the game - absolutely he broke the rules. As far as punishment, the NFL should be taking into account that the team (whether it was the doctors or coaches) realized the error and had him checked out as soon as he came off the field two plays later. That shows there was no intent on the part of the team to ignore the protocols.
    Torc
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 62
    Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:54 pm


  • Torc wrote:Stanton didn't get pulled out because he wasn't getting hit in the head....he was slow to get up because he was getting pummeled in general. He had whole body aches, not a concussion. :)

    Wilson sure didn't look concussed to me when he got up and jogged to the sidelines - he never had that 'go limp' moment that really makes you worry. That being said the ref absolutely did the right thing - if he suspects a concussion he needs yank the player for testing.

    From what I could see on TV, Russell evaluated himself and put himself back in the game - absolutely he broke the rules. As far as punishment, the NFL should be taking into account that the team (whether it was the doctors or coaches) realized the error and had him checked out as soon as he came off the field two plays later. That shows there was no intent on the part of the team to ignore the protocols.




    Your middle paragraph is confusing....you state (accurately btw) that Wilson did not look in any way concussed.....and then you say that the ref did the right thing in sending him off the field since he suspected a concussion.

    So.....suspected it based on what??

    RW didnt show any signs of trouble. And obviously the ref didnt think the hit was to the head because he didnt drop a flag....

    So there lies the problem. And the reason why I have no problem with Russ essentially telling them to take a hike. No reason he should have been sent off the field and one more suspicious act by that crew.

    The NFL should be investigating why he was sent off the field more than looking into Russ and the staff for circumventing a BS request.
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1999
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:53 am
    Location: Phoenix az


  • He's a Seahawk, that pretty much says it all.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6668
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Reaneypark wrote:
    253hawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:So the same ref that was calling a completely lopsided game, decides to pull RW for one play. Huh.

    Interesting. ;)


    Now imagine this happening to a QB during a game-winning drive in the playoffs, because the ref thought he saw the QB get hit in the head. By the time he clears protocol, the backup has already come in and lost the game.


    The blind idiot didn’t bother throwing his flag, but he’ll send Russell off the field for a headshot anyway.



    This is what I am thinking. If it was a shot to the head of the QB, (it was), then why was there no flag?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1081
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


  • WmHBonney wrote:
    Reaneypark wrote:
    253hawk wrote:
    twisted_steel2 wrote:So the same ref that was calling a completely lopsided game, decides to pull RW for one play. Huh.

    Interesting. ;)


    Now imagine this happening to a QB during a game-winning drive in the playoffs, because the ref thought he saw the QB get hit in the head. By the time he clears protocol, the backup has already come in and lost the game.


    The blind idiot didn’t bother throwing his flag, but he’ll send Russell off the field for a headshot anyway.



    This is what I am thinking. If it was a shot to the head of the QB, (it was), then why was there no flag?


    There was a flag.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK_GqdtNNc8
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3562
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Yep, flag came out right away, and for once it was the right call.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6668
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Year of The Hawk wrote:
    XxXdragonXxX wrote:To me it seemed like Russ and the team didnt know he was in concussion protocol. I think they thought he was pulled off for a play because he caused an injury timeout, he hurt his jaw and didnt have a concussion.

    This incident was most likely caused by poor communication from the referees not being clear as to why he was being pulled off.



    This.....


    He went and sat in the tent that is used for checking concussions......... RW knew and ignored it
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6768
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Because he wasn't hit in the head, he was hit in the chin. More will be made out of this since he's on the Seahawks.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6668
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Because he wasn't hit in the head, he was hit in the chin. More will be made out of this since he's on the Seahawks.


    I'm really curious where some of you guys think the chin is located. I found a handy diagram to help you out though:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mental_region_(chin).png
    QuickLightning
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 201
    Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:20 am


  • Not my point, but ok..........:roll:
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    User avatar
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6668
    Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 am
    Location: Sammamish, WA


  • Torc wrote:Stanton didn't get pulled out because he wasn't getting hit in the head....he was slow to get up because he was getting pummeled in general. He had whole body aches, not a concussion. :)

    Wilson sure didn't look concussed to me when he got up and jogged to the sidelines - he never had that 'go limp' moment that really makes you worry. That being said the ref absolutely did the right thing - if he suspects a concussion he needs yank the player for testing.

    From what I could see on TV, Russell evaluated himself and put himself back in the game - absolutely he broke the rules. As far as punishment, the NFL should be taking into account that the team (whether it was the doctors or coaches) realized the error and had him checked out as soon as he came off the field two plays later. That shows there was no intent on the part of the team to ignore the protocols.


    I agree with this post. I don't recall Stanton getting knocked in the head, pretty sure he was getting beat up and his entire body was feeling it.

    The ref made the right call to have RW looked at and there was a flag for roughing the passer. The jaw is part of the head... it's also one of the worst places to take a blow in regards to concussions, and taking even seemingly light hits to the head can cause one. All concussions are not equal and the symptoms range from just a headache/clouded thinking/wooziness to being knocked out cold.

    Concussions are serious injuries and not because the NFL is worried about CTE and related lawsuits. They can have profound short-term and long-term effects. The most serious, that I've learned about and seen the effects of, is Second-Impact Syndrome. This can happen when one gets another concussive blow to the head while the brain is still healing from a previous concussion. From Wiki:
    The condition is often fatal, and almost everyone who is not killed is severely disabled.
    The disabilities involved are generally mental/physical retardation for the rest of one's life.

    I doubt the Seahawks will be losing draft picks, as they did have him properly checked out after he come off the field a couple plays later showing that the team wasn't trying to skirt the protocol. The organization can expect a fine, though.
    User avatar
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1516
    Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:37 am
    Location: Wenatchee


  • TBH I think this is all on Russ, and he should be fined. He basically pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by walking to the tent, pretending to go in, then coming back onto the field before an evaluation could be performed. If his head was as clear as he insists it was, then he knew better, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

    Most of the coaches, refs, and players saw him go towards the tent, then turned their attention to the game. The concussion evaluators were probably still in the tent waiting for him to join them, and alerted the team when he didn't (after he went back into the game).

    About the only thing the coaches could have done to prevent it is assign someone to walk Wilson to the tent and ensure he completed the evaluation before being allowed back on the field.

    So, I can see a fine on Russ for purposely avoiding the evaluation, and a monetary fine on the team for not having someone follow Russ to ensure he underwent the evaluation prior to re-entering the game. Draft picks for the action of a player? I don't see it.
    Fire Tom Cable
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2101
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


  • ^agree 100% and posted that earlier that I think the league will see that as mitigating circumstances. The question is if there is a clear protocol when he gets back onto the field.

    I would argue that he checks in with the ref just like an eligible receiver and the ref gets acknowledgment from team physician or team physician communicates directly with the ref to clear the player

    I still believe that when the Ref calls the concussion protocol on the QB that a medical timeout should be given not charged to any team
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6768
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • SMH at the analysts who out of one side of their mouth say that it is important for QBs and CBs not to have a short-term memory and out of the other side of their mouth say concussions are a bad thing. Which way do you want it??
    kobebryant
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2120
    Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 1:45 pm


  • kobebryant wrote: Which way do you want it??



    I like it both ways.
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am


  • TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    kobebryant wrote: Which way do you want it??



    I like it both ways.


    LMAO just because of your username
    mikeak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6768
    Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:24 pm
    Location: Anchorage, AK


  • Seymour wrote:
    QuickLightning wrote:
    Seymour wrote:Sounds like we "could lose draft picks" over this?

    Sounds ridiculous....he was hit in the chin not the head. :roll:
    According to the joint policy developed by the NFL and NFL Players Association, if the concussion protocol is found to not be properly followed, the team is subject to fines and a potential loss of draft picks.


    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000874976/article/nfl-reviewing-russell-wilsons-concussion-test


    Not sure if you are aware, but the chin is actually part of your head. And yes, you absolutely get concussions from being hit there.


    No I wasn't aware the chin was part of the head, I appreciate the "heads up".

    So if you get poked in the eye I guess you go to concussion protocol also? Makes sense. :2thumbs:

    Baldwin got his chin hit in endzone and teeth knocked out and never went through this. Players get hit there all the time without this. BS.

    The jaw is on a hinge connected to the head. That hinge is going to absorb more of the impact that the brain. :roll:


    :lol:

    Are you serious with this post? A direct shot to the chin couldn't give someone a concussion? And then to compare it to getting poked in the eye. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

    The team messed it up. Period. Just hope for the fine and not a loss of a pick.
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 11206
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm


  • I'd be really disappointed if we lost a pick over this.

    Yeah Russell should have waited for the medical staff to check him out and not do his drive thru self examined concussion test............but there's also some culpability on the league. Their Dr or trainer should have been RIGHT there escorting Russell to the tent to not waste time.

    Fine us, that works for me. But loss of pick is too much for something the league has at LEAST a portion of culpability for.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    User avatar
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler
     
    Posts: 12324
    Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:10 am


  • mikeak wrote:
    TransGenderHawkFan wrote:
    kobebryant wrote: Which way do you want it??



    I like it both ways.


    LMAO just because of your username


    :lol: :2thumbs:
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 186
    Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:05 am


  • What I find ironic is that it's Wilson and the Seahawks under scrutiny and not that douchenozzle Dansby for his cowardly hit. A deliberate hit that forces a player into the concussion protocol should lead to an ejection imho. Far more dangerous than simple scuffling a la AJ Green.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2429
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


  • bigskydoc wrote:TBH I think this is all on Russ, and he should be fined. He basically pulled the wool over everyone's eyes by walking to the tent, pretending to go in, then coming back onto the field before an evaluation could be performed. If his head was as clear as he insists it was, then he knew better, and he knew exactly what he was doing.

    Most of the coaches, refs, and players saw him go towards the tent, then turned their attention to the game. The concussion evaluators were probably still in the tent waiting for him to join them, and alerted the team when he didn't (after he went back into the game).

    About the only thing the coaches could have done to prevent it is assign someone to walk Wilson to the tent and ensure he completed the evaluation before being allowed back on the field.

    So, I can see a fine on Russ for purposely avoiding the evaluation, and a monetary fine on the team for not having someone follow Russ to ensure he underwent the evaluation prior to re-entering the game. Draft picks for the action of a player? I don't see it.


    Nah, it's on the doctors and the unaffiliated with the team dude to stop him and check him out.
    User avatar
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4144
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:58 pm
    Location: Taipei


Previous


It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:35 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online