Pete's Press Conference Today

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
First time poster from the UK (so be gentle) :D

I must admit with the number of injuries at the moment I am a little worried about Monday night (Well Tuesday morning for me).

I still cling on to the hope of a play off spot but the next few weeks are probably the biggest of the season!

GO HAWKS! :2thumbs:

original poster

Reaction score
DY_Seahawk":5d077uz4 said:

I must admit with the number of injuries at the moment I am a little worried about Monday night (Well Tuesday morning for me).

I still cling on to the hope of a play off spot but the next few weeks are probably the biggest of the season!

Welcome to .NET!

Where in the UK are you based? I'm in Basingstoke, Hampshire.

DY_Seahawk

Reaction score
original poster":2a6cknn1 said:
DY_Seahawk":2a6cknn1 said:

Welcome to .NET!

West Midlands

mistaowen

Reaction score
Russ is gonna have another Texans game this week.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
chris98251":36un7iq7 said:
Just because, Kam probably out, Sherm out, Avril out, Brown who knows, Line sucks anyway right now, no definitive running game, a new RCB and New SS Earl coming off a Hamstring problem that I would bet is manageable but could re-occur. Have a Atlanta team that beat us last time out and is coming off a rejuvenated win, Oh and the fact we are not consistent on offense in any way shape or form. Sounds like we are sticking to the formula still as well.

Just don't have the Stars in alignment. Hope that something clicks somewhere and we shock the world, on paper it doesn't look good.

I feel that Seattle can get by Atlanta as they have a deep stable on defense. But the offense and the offensive coordinator...I've never seen it this out of sync, this deep in the season. They have no idea what they are doing.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Aros":2v1yjluf said:
Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Now it's up to the FO and Pete to keep making smart moves to write new successful chapters.

Then it is really important that we don't give them the feel good extensions to keep them around for history's sake. Too many times teams hang onto guys way passed their prime in hopes they have something left. IMO Bennett is one of those signings. Smart drafting and tough choices knowing whens its time to cut the ties to the greats that got us there once is what will advance this team.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Seafan":2zworsg1 said:
Aros":2zworsg1 said:
Seafan":2zworsg1 said:
If Brown doesn't play the Hawks will lose and their season will be over.

Good God the negative sentiment on .NET this week is worse than usual and that is saying A LOT. :pukeface:

What's negative? Do you think a team with 10 wins is going to make the playoffs in the NFC? :pukeface:
What's "Negative"?....QUITTERS who CONSTANTLY showcase their negativity attachments.
You know the type.... Men & women who insist that there's no hope, who'll poison the well on their way out of town....Like one line in an old Johnny Cash song, "Come Along With Me, Misery Loves Company"

netskier

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3dtlo5r1 said:
Aros":3dtlo5r1 said:
Sad to face the reality that the LOB's best days are behind us. They spend more time nursing injuries now then they do playing on the field together. It was a hell of a ride and perhaps there will be some sparks here and there that remind us of yesteryear but unfortunately their best days are behind them (as a unit).

Now it's up to the FO and Pete to keep making smart moves to write new successful chapters.

Then it is really important that we don't give them the feel good extensions to keep them around for history's sake. Too many times teams hang onto guys way passed their prime in hopes they have something left. IMO Bennett is one of those signings. Smart drafting and tough choices knowing whens its time to cut the ties to the greats that got us there once is what will advance this team.

IIRC, Bennett is playing the most snaps of anyone on the defensive line, which I take to mean that he is our best defensive lineman so far this year. And he is under contract for another year or two. I think he will be good next year too. I do not advocate cutting him next year because he might not be the best next year. His performance next year should be used to determine what to do with him the year after next.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Gregg Bell‏Verified account
@gbellseattle
Follow Follow @gbellseattle
More
Pete Carroll: "We are going to run the football this week. We are going to run the heck out of it" #Seahawks
12:53 PM - 16 Nov 2017

reinelt12

Reaction score
DY_Seahawk":2ivb4109 said:
original poster":2ivb4109 said:
DY_Seahawk":2ivb4109 said:

Welcome to .NET!

West Midlands
Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony!

Reaction score
GeekHawk":q0tjxjhy said:
OTOH, that's what I'd say if I were PC. Maybe help get them less-than-prepared for the air onslaught. (One can only hope)

Let's hope so, because other wise one must wonder what is wrong with the coaches they would take the ball out of the hands on their best player RW.

olyfan63

Reaction score
GeekHawk":17u93rur said:
OTOH, that's what I'd say if I were PC. Maybe help get them less-than-prepared for the air onslaught. (One can only hope)

Yes, people are selling Pete short on this one. He's undoubtedly actually preparing for an aerial assault, like the fantastic Pittsburgh shootout win a season or two ago, and the Texans shootout game this season. This is simple "misdirection" by Pete to not allow the Falcons to be 100% certain it will be an aerial assault.

Of course we're going to run the ball, and run it well. It's just that it might be only Russell Wilson "running the ball well" while Rawls and Lacy get stuffed repeatedly.

Somehow even Bevell seems to be able to dial up the passing game when Pete calls in Wilson and Bevell and tells them, "Darrell, Russell, this weekend, for the offensive game plan, run the 'Chicago Election Day' Offense. Gentlemen, score EARLY and OFTEN."

I was so thankful for the Houston game when Pete did turn them loose.