Don't Count The Seahawks Out!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2q862cmj said:
Aros":2q862cmj said:
Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game.

This really doesnt mean much anymore. Just ask Washington.

As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.

Really, one loss and you're dismissing home field advantage? Weird

Anthony!

Reaction score
I am not giving up on this team, but for me this isn't about the team but the coaches. Even with the injuries, we can win and win out if they open up the offense and play the uptempo for the whole game. If they don't we will struggle. Its pretty simple, but unfortunately the fact we are having got wonder tells you a lot.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Jerhawk":25566gwb said:
pittpnthrs":25566gwb said:
Aros":25566gwb said:

As others have said, once I figure out how to lower my expectations, the more fun i'll have. On paper we should be SB contenders, but realistically, we're not. The team has been following a downward trend for 3 years now and it takes some longer to realize this than others.

It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.

Seymour

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3kkdfenu said:
Jerhawk":3kkdfenu said:
pittpnthrs":3kkdfenu said:
Aros":3kkdfenu said:

It was Washington. This isnt the same Seahawks that everybodys used to. Lets see what happens against the Falcons and go from there.

Agree home field advantage is not what it once was. Barely beat the worst team in the NFL 12-9, loss to the Redskins, give up 38 at home to the Texans, and last 2 years of Cards and Rams (crap version) schooling us at home are all adding up.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I agree 100% Aros. Well said. In reading through this thread, the snarky part of me was reminding of this ... feeling like Aros is like Brother Bluto, trying to fire up the defeated Deltas ...

[youtube]ep-xgd_eETE[/youtube]

It AIN'T Over Until We SAY that it's Over!!!!! ;)

edogg23

Reaction score
If you go into a Seahawks game with any expectations other than you are about to witness an ugly football game that you may or may not eek out at the end then you are probably going to be disappointed most weeks.

Every game I think this is the week we are going to turn it around only to witness the same lack of urgency to start the game EVERY WEEK. I am done being fooled. I will watch the games but I am done drinking the :179422: And this has ZERO to do with injuries and everything to do with the game planning.

Rat

Reaction score
Aros":ll31ymbb said:
The negativity in here these days is stifling. Worse than usual and boy oh boy is that saying something. Look, I get it. Injuries have now made these final games more challenging then they should be. I also don't have a problem with constructive criticism or less-than-rosy predictions if you can back it up with unemotional POVs without hyperbole.

What's bugging me is the cynicism. Example: "Sherman is out! THE SEASON IS OVER!! WE ARE DOOMED!!"

I get it. We are fans and often we wear or emotions on our sleeves. It's part of the deal. But where does it state that fans need to lose touch with reality? In my prediction thread I made it clear that this game against the Falcons is a coin flip. I fully get either team could walk away with a W. That's not the point. The point is, this general consensus that suddenly the Falcons are the best team in the NFL and the Seahawks have no shot.

Say wha?

Correct me if I am wrong but this is a HOME game. This is a NATIONALLY TELEVISED HOME game. Is Russell Wilson still our quarterback? Is Lockett, Baldwin, P-Rich injured and not playing? What about Wagner? I hear ET is available. Is our CB depth not the most impressive in the league? Look, nobody is saying this or these last games is going to be easy. I am not trying to ignore obvious deficiencies but this whole tail between our legs attitude is for losers and I am DAMN sure this team, the remaining players that are healthy enough to play, are anything but.

ONWARD!

I like how this condemns hyperboles and then goes on to use many of them.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hope for the best, don't be surprised if we do less then that, I have put reasons in several threads, some may call it doom and gloom, I call it weighted reality. That weight can shift if we have a change in philosophy, unexpected growth from players, adjusting things for the current personnel to hide deficiencies and take advantage of strengths.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not counting them out ..I remember in 84 when Warner got hurt and many thought it was over.
We only had the best year ever at that point.
As for the gloomers and doomers I did let it bother me last year.
This is a new year so no more and staying away from Gameday Forum helps

themunn

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2955levi said:
Jerhawk":2955levi said:
pittpnthrs":2955levi said:
Aros":2955levi said:

Ok but in 2013 we were 21-0 down to the 0-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at halftime, and lost 10-17 at home to the Cardinals in a game which would have secured homefield advantage through the playoffs.

What makes those games so much different from this years?

Anthony!

Reaction score
Anthony!":r4kca2cp said:
I am not giving up on this team, but for me this isn't about the team but the coaches. Even with the injuries, we can win and win out if they open up the offense and play the uptempo for the whole game. If they don't we will struggle. Its pretty simple, but unfortunately the fact we are having got wonder tells you a lot.

Well now i am worried as PC has said they are "going to run the heck out of the ball" in other words commit to what has not been working

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
themunn":157e0fuo said:
pittpnthrs":157e0fuo said:
Jerhawk":157e0fuo said:
pittpnthrs":157e0fuo said:

Ok but in 2013 we were 21-0 down to the 0-8 Tampa Bay Buccaneers at halftime, and lost 10-17 at home to the Cardinals in a game which would have secured homefield advantage through the playoffs.

What makes those games so much different from this years?

Not sure what your asking. I wasn't the one that claimed home field was such a great advantage. I agree with your points as a matter of fact other than the 2013 team was far superior to this years team.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I have a feeling they're going to open up the offense and tear Atlanta up
I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.

evergreen

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1a6s35wo said:
I'm not counting them out ..I remember in 84 when Warner got hurt and many thought it was over.
We only had the best year ever at that point.
As for the gloomers and doomers I did let it bother me last year.
This is a new year so no more and staying away from Gameday Forum helps

I remember too. We got Franco Harris to fill the void, but he sucked, yet it worked psychologically. Maybe that's the part Maxwell plays now?

Anthony!

Reaction score
hawxfreak":3l75v1mu said:
I don't know why but I feel that davis is actually going to get some time and do some damage and Mr. Bevell is going to go quick pass and roll-out and screen the pants off them
I think they pull out all the stops this game just to maintain the division race which if we lose is going to bite us in the ass.

who is Davis?

BC HAWK

Reaction score
HAWXFREAK has it right. I have been worried about it today but with the help of some Hornitos I am seeing it more clearly,
this will be our signature breakout game, Lets roll.

falcongoggles

Reaction score
edogg23":28s0fqvp said:
If you go into a Seahawks game with any expectations other than you are about to witness an ugly football game that you may or may not eek out at the end then you are probably going to be disappointed most weeks.

Every game I think this is the week we are going to turn it around only to witness the same lack of urgency to start the game EVERY WEEK. I am done being fooled. I will watch the games but I am done drinking the :179422: And this has ZERO to do with injuries and everything to do with the game planning.

But it doesn't have to be this way. And the 8 second scrambles followed by a heave to Baldwin are just not realistically sustainable. I'm anticipating a wild car or second round exit this year...

907Hawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1lhlole2 said:
hawxfreak":1lhlole2 said:

who is Davis?

Mike Davis is a running back for the Seattle Seahawks.