Can y'all handle the Failclowns at home?

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Not many games this year that affect both of our squads, but we have one this week.

Multiple questions ...

1. What do you feel about the game this week versus the Failclowns?

2. What do you feel about your chances for the playoffs and beyond?

3. What do you feel about what the Saints have put together this season thus far and their chances for the playoffs and beyond?

Looking forward to hearing from many old friends.

Who Dat!

Bandg

iigakusei

Reaction score
Let's hope so!
The Saints look great. Some really nice young pieces on defence and offence.
If the Hawks can't win it all I will definitely be cheering for the Saints and I think with that running game, Brees, and an improved defence they definitely have a shot.

adeltaY

Reaction score
1. Uneasy at best. It's a coin flip game, which is sad considering it's at home on MNF.

2. We started off this season with superbowl hopes but after all these injuries, making the playoffs would be a blessing. The offense was so inconsistent that even a fully healthy team would have struggled, but now it is looking grim. The recent injuries have been heart breaking for we fans who love our players so much. :(

3. The Saints have been fantastic. Love the run game, OL, obviously the QB is fantastic, and that defense with Lattimore has been great. Out of all the NFC contenders, I want the Saints to win it all. Please beat the Rams.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
AsylumGuido":s4k2lpg8 said:
Not many games this year that affect both of our squads, but we have one this week.

Multiple questions ...

3. What do you feel about what the Saints have put together this season thus far and their chances for the playoffs and beyond?

Who Dat!

Bandg

Hello old friend! Always good to see you around here. Congrats to your Saints! They are playing lights out this year.

To answer your questions, here's my two pennies...

1. This is a playoff game for both teams. We now have 2/3rds of the LOB out for the rest of the year and a host of other injuries we are dealing with which could make this game go either way. I give the edge to the Seahawks because we are a) at home and historically we play very well at home in front of a national audience and b) the Seahawks seem to play at their best when their backs are against the wall and c) Russell Wilson.

2. With our injuries I have us most likely finishing 10-6 with a wildcard. Probably will be a repeat of the past couple years. Win our first playoff game, go on the road in the divisional and get beat.

3. The Saints have been outstanding. The defense has really picked up and the running game has kept Drew from having to throw 1,000 times per game. As it stands right now, the Saints look as primed as anyone in the NFC for January football. No longer are they a finesse dome team. They can now pound the rock and win outdoors. Scary thought for opponents.

RussB

Reaction score
1. With Kam out im concerned now. I was still confident about the secondary with B Max coming back but now Kam is gone too this could get ugly. Good news is they have mcdougald who should be solid filling in for kam and i still think they should win this game because they are still a great team.

2.Hawks will probably still make the playoffs unless an epic collapse happens, i dont know how far they will get in the playoffs though and dont know what to expect.

3. Saints are legit and i think a serious threat to anyone with good SB chances. You guys have always had a good offense just no defense, now marshon is locking dudes down and defense is playing great. The two headed monster at RB has also given you guys a seriously dangerous running threat and brees is brees.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Aros":19h5lqio said:
AsylumGuido":19h5lqio said:

Multiple questions ...

Who Dat!

Bandg

Hello old friend! Always good to see you around here. Congrats to your Saints! They are playing lights out this year.

To answer your questions, here's my two pennies...

1. This is a playoff game for both teams. We now have 2/3rds of the LOB out for the rest of the year and a host of other injuries we are dealing with which could make this game go either way. I give the edge to the Seahawks because we are a) at home and historically we play very well at home in front of a national audience and b) the Seahawks seem to play at their best when their backs are against the wall and c) Russell Wilson.

2. With our injuries I have us most likely finishing 10-6 with a wildcard. Probably will be a repeat of the past couple years. Win our first playoff game, go on the road in the divisional and get beat.

3. The Saints have been outstanding. The defense has really picked up and the running game has kept Drew from having to throw 1,000 times per game. As it stands right now, the Saints look as primed as anyone in the NFC for January football. No longer are they a finesse dome team. They can now pound the rock and win outdoors. Scary thought for opponents.

And hello to you my old friend. Nice new avatar, by the way. I think you pretty much nailed it. We may have a meeting in the playoffs.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
RussB":3urnzlvz said:
1. With Kam out im concerned now. I was still confident about the secondary with B Max coming back but now Kam is gone too this could get ugly. Good news is they have mcdougald who should be solid filling in for kam and i still think they should win this game because they are still a great team.

2.Hawks will probably still make the playoffs unless an epic collapse happens, i dont know how far they will get in the playoffs though and dont know what to expect.

3. Saints are legit and i think a serious threat to anyone with good SB chances. You guys have always had a good offense just no defense, now marshon is locking dudes down and defense is playing great. The two headed monster at RB has also given you guys a seriously dangerous running threat and brees is brees.

Yes, you have been hit hard on defense. Been there, done that recently. I do expect you to win the division and play a home first round. You may face us later.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not in the camp of oh next man up scenario, that works when you can put someone in that has marginal drop off in talent and or inexperience, we are now trying to replace a corner, a safety and I don't believe Earl is 100 percent as well, he is probably able to play but any one play could cause that to re injure, have had bad Hamstring pulls and or tears and it takes time to heal, completely, it can be usable with caution but one over extension away from being hurt again.

We have a lot of youth and inexperience waiting their chances, that's all good but there is tuition to be paid for that, the game experience and learning how to work together and communicate just doesn't happen overnight. That's on our D line, and Secondary, we may pay that on Monday night.

The positive is that when we play Monday night Football weird shit always happens and is a story for weeks afterwards, now whether were on the positive side of what ever this occurrence is or not is another question.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1l2qtw7j said:
Not in the camp of oh next man up scenario, that works when you can put someone in that has marginal drop off in talent and or inexperience, we are now trying to replace a corner, a safety and I don't believe Earl is 100 percent as well, he is probably able to play but any one play could cause that to re injure, have had bad Hamstring pulls and or tears and it takes time to heal, completely, it can be usable with caution but one over extension away from being hurt again.

We have a lot of youth and inexperience waiting their chances, that's all good but there is tuition to be paid for that, the game experience and learning how to work together and communicate just doesn't happen overnight. That's on our D line, and Secondary, we may pay that on Monday night.

The positive is that when we play Monday night Football weird shit always happens and is a story for weeks afterwards, now whether were on the positive side of what ever this occurrence is or not is another question.

Earl being borderline able to play last Thursday gives me hope that his hammy is pretty much good to go now. A lot of times you see a player come back after a hammy and they seem limited their first game but are full go after.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Hello Guido,

Too bad we weren't able to meet up when I came to New Orleans. Maybe next time. I understand the Treme Gumbo Festival is going on right now. https://www.jazzandheritage.org/events/ ... gumbo-fest Sounds tasty with some tasty sounds. Will or have you taken it in?

As others have noted we keep taking hits and have some unknowns that will be discovered over the next few games. Always hopeful, but reality is what it will be.

Will be rooting for you and your Saints.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sup, Guido! How's the hat? :lol:

Since Earl will be playing, I think I'll give us a slight edge, but it's gonna be tough. We are so damn injured...Kam and Sherman gone for the year is a huge blow, and who knows if Earl will be at 100% for a while.

Your Saints are lookin' pretty damn good this year, it's about time you guys returned to relevance. :)

Seymour

Reaction score
Well I'm not going to get into "our chances" until we see if our coaching makes any scheme adjustments to the changing roster, but I will say that if someone else is going to rep. the NFC other than us, I hope it's the Saints. :2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seymour":3hc7tu2j said:
Well I'm not going to get into "our chances" until we see if our coaching makes any scheme adjustments to the changing roster, but I will say that if someone else is going to rep. the NFC other than us, I hope it's the Saints. :2thumbs:

I'd personally rather see the Eagles get their first Super Bowl win, but the Saints are up there as far as NFC teams I have little animosity toward, that's for sure.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I hate bad teams that beat us that then blow huge leads against teams we are chasing.

Screw off Redskins, by far the worst team to beat us at home since 2012.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Looking ahead I see New Orleans winning out and being the 1 seed, we match up with them in the divisional round where we win in a shootout 45-44. Russell Wilson has 500 yards passing and we hand the ball off twice to RB's but Russell runs for 70+. Russell Wilson wins mvp and the Seahawks win the superb owl. Thats the only way I see us winning the SB, every other scenario we lose.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Saints defense isn't convincing, Lattimore aside. Today's game was the first real offense they'd faced since Week 2 and they gave up 31 points (as well as 38 to Detroit). Fortunately, of course, they have Brees to cover such games, so they'll go far. Having the Rams and the Falcons twice makes for some tough tests.

As far as us against the Falcons...meh. I haven't decided. It won't be a low-scoring affair, that's for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":w55ueshx said:
Saints defense isn't convincing, Lattimore aside. Today's game was the first real offense they'd faced since Week 2 and they gave up 31 points (as well as 38 to Detroit). Fortunately, of course, they have Brees to cover such games, so they'll go far. Having the Rams and the Falcons twice makes for some tough tests.

As far as us against the Falcons...meh. I haven't decided. It won't be a low-scoring affair, that's for sure.

So in other words your waffling hoping that Ryan slams his throwing hand in a car door and is ruled out.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Should the Hawks lose to Atlanta, then it will be "one and done" in the Playoffs....unless we play the Saints. We have their number!

acer1240

Reaction score
Guido....

Nothing really to add other than it is damn nice to see you around these parts again. The Saints are for real my friend.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hope you are well Guido. I am heading that direction for Mardi Gras. I have talked to my friends in Lafayette about it and they gave me recommendations. Taking a friend so he dont get lost...or me not get lost. Staying in Slidell since the place in Mer..somethingorother was not available.

Took a few weeks off of football due to personal issues. and have been watching sparingly. The team seems ok but I think a lot of teams out there are in the same situation as far as injuries. Hope the Viqueens win...oh they did..so this game is now for a tie in the marble race. Hope things are well with you and family. I am going fishing. Cheers. Peace. etc.