Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:59 pm
  • For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:00 pm
  • HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4027
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.

    Yep. This one is on coaches, AGAIN.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    User avatar
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1129
    Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:11 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm
  • It's a shame he missed the FG right before the half... oh wait, never mind.
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    User avatar
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 522
    Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:10 pm
    Location: Baltimore, Maryland


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:02 pm
  • Well Pete blew a time out with the worst challenge EVER. Let's not mention the dumb ass fake FG.. Jeez... What a waste of talent tonight..
    User avatar
    Sign37now
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 626
    Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:49 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:03 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm
  • Should have saved a few seconds and been a 5 yard delay of game on Atlanta for holding Richardson down, but hell, the refs tried spotting the ball on the wrong 43 yard line for the Falcons earlier.
    Last edited by 253hawk on Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    253hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3075
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:36 am
    Location: PNW


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm
  • HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Walsh didn’t miss the field goal to end the half. Pete did.

    Walsh didn’t blow the challenge. Pete did.
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    User avatar
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1769
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:11 am
    Location: Utah


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:06 pm
  • I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3734
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 pm
  • Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!


    What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

    The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.
    potatohead
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 129
    Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:26 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm
  • Wilson was really bad on the final drive. He wasted a colossal amount of time with his checkdown throws. I remember at least 3-4 passes over the middle for a minimal gain. Defenses will concede those passes eight days a week, they would love to exchange only a handful of yards for lots of clock time.
    User avatar
    JimmyG
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 206
    Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:42 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 pm
  • rjdriver wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Walsh didn’t miss the field goal to end the half. Pete did.

    Walsh didn’t blow the challenge. Pete did.
    The challenge only costed us 1 time out. We had 1:49 seconds left from the 25 yard line to get into field goal range. How much seconds did Russell cost us by not spiking the ball atleast 2 times on that drive, while completing these 4 - 6 yard slants in the middle of the field?

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:16 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!


    Got a whole post on it here:

    viewtopic.php?f=2&t=142418
    Optimus25
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1485
    Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:16 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:17 pm
  • JimmyG wrote:Wilson was really bad on the final drive. He wasted a colossal amount of time with his checkdown throws. I remember at least 3-4 passes over the middle for a minimal gain. Defenses will concede those passes eight days a week, they would love to exchange only a handful of yards for lots of clock time.


    And yet he lead us to be in a position for a game thing FG. I have no problem blaming him for the in, but he did everything you could ask for under the conditions on that last drives
    User avatar
    Anthony!
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3713
    Joined: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:51 pm
    Location: Kent, wa


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:18 pm
  • Yet again, just awful clock management. I don't know what metric they are possibly using that indicates there's more success rushing to get some dumb play call in at the line while 20 sec run off the clock instead of SPIKING THE BALL, stopping the clock and having a few sec to regroup and call better plays.
    User avatar
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1608
    Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:21 pm
  • JimmyG wrote:Wilson was really bad on the final drive. He wasted a colossal amount of time with his checkdown throws. I remember at least 3-4 passes over the middle for a minimal gain. Defenses will concede those passes eight days a week, they would love to exchange only a handful of yards for lots of clock time.
    That's what I saw too. It's not like we got the ball back with under a minute to play. We had ample time to drive down the field. Overall though... poor coaching and execution, and again penalties just sums it up for this team.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm
  • So coaching staff blew it. Kicker should have made the field goal regardless. You can be pissed at the coaches but the kicker should have done his job,,,,again. People talk about major failures from the FO but we replaced a kicker having issues with another kicker having more issues but was cheaper. This was a huge mistake. Yes Hauschka messed up on EPs but his FG kicking was still solid.
    Last edited by seahawkfreak on Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3727
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:24 pm
  • HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

    Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4027
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:28 pm
  • HawaiiD wrote:Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

    It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.
    User avatar
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4027
    Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:33 pm
    Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:For the second time this season piss poor click management when it mattered 1:49 left. And only to gain 37 yards in 1:42? It took only 49 seconds to score a td earlier.
    As for Walsh? how do you leave a 51 yard attempt short when you drilled a 48 harder earlier? That's 2 games already he lost it.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

    Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.
    With Walsh kicking? Your telling me the coaches took points off the board? I'm not betting the house Walsh would have made that fg before the half. Heck even on extra points I feel antsy. Walsh himself has left 12 point now off the board in 2 games we that we have lost by a total of 6 points.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 pm
  • potatohead wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!


    What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

    The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.



    That looked so weird. Why did Lockett not go for the ball on such a short punt? Would have given the hawks a great field position.
    The Moment: Image
    User avatar
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 957
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:50 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

    It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.
    I'm not arguing it was a stupid call by Pete. In fact that was a horrendous play call as one could make. However, given the circumstances? I'm just trying to put reason why Pete would fake it? Pete said he was simply trying to score. Well, why didn't he let Walsh kick it? Especially, that there was only 7 seconds left in the half plus where the ball was spotted. Given Walsh's struggles recently especially, in the Washington game, I think Pete followed his gut on his one which as we all know the result now.
    Walsh had a chance in the end when it really mattered to extend the game. Yes it was a lengthy attempt, however, with Poor play calling coupled with even worst clock management was where the game was lost. We had a chance but did not execute.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 pm
  • TwilightError wrote:
    potatohead wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!


    What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

    The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.



    That looked so weird. Why did Lockett not go for the ball on such a short punt? Would have given the hawks a great field position.

    We got flagged for holding on the play. We would have had the ball on the forty even with the fair catch if not for another bone head penalty.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3734
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:26 pm
  • NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:Yes, Pete's fake fg was just plain stupid. I would would speculate that just goes to show you his confidence in his kicker on some level?I mean look... Pete tried to run another play with 7 seconds left with no time outs. Who's to say Walsh would have made it the fg before the half anyways? As for that challenge I agree that was brutal.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    That's some chicken shit coaching if that's the case. 7 seconds is not efficent time to do anything at the end of half, it's not even remotely logical to run that play and expect something better. It's unfathomable that it was even called because

    It was a 27 yard field goal, I highly doubt that his lack of trust in Walsh played into it, thats not Pete's style.
    The ball was placed on the 17 yard line which equates to a 34-35 yard attempt. I'm still not sold that woud have been 3 more points for us considering Walsh is our kicker. Also, I really couldn't stand Jeff Fisher and all his successful trick plays against us. And it seems our Coach seems to be mimicking fishers style of play lately which burns me up especially, when it fails.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 143
    Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:34 pm


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:27 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    TwilightError wrote:
    potatohead wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:I haven’t seen anyone mention of the holding call on that last punt that cost us 25 yards on a fair catch! We actually had a hold on a not return!


    What? The ball landed 15 yards in front of Lockett.

    The coaches lost the game. Specifically, PC.



    That looked so weird. Why did Lockett not go for the ball on such a short punt? Would have given the hawks a great field position.

    We got flagged for holding on the play. We would have had the ball on the forty even with the fair catch if not for another bone head penalty.


    Yeah but it doesn’t answer the question why didn’t he go for the ball?
    The Moment: Image
    User avatar
    TwilightError
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 957
    Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:28 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:46 am
  • HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    HawaiiD wrote:
    NFSeahawks628 wrote:
    Pete lost the game and the season, not Walsh.
    Pete didn't miss the field goal Walsh did.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk


    Pete kept points off the board and wasted time with his poor timeout decisions. Therefore logic states it would have been tied at the end of regulation and we would be in OT.

    Sorry your Walsh blame won't work on this one, too many obvious poor decisions by the coaching staff to let them slide.
    With Walsh kicking? Your telling me the coaches took points off the board? I'm not betting the house Walsh would have made that fg before the half. Heck even on extra points I feel antsy. Walsh himself has left 12 point now off the board in 2 games we that we have lost by a total of 6 points.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

    So using your theory of it not being the coaches fault, who exactly has retained Walsh!! That fake field goal call made zero sense!!
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 718
    Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:44 am


Re: Wilson? Why no spike? No time outs?
Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 am
  • HawaiiD wrote:With Walsh kicking? Your telling me the coaches took points off the board? I'm not betting the house Walsh would have made that fg before the half. Heck even on extra points I feel antsy. Walsh himself has left 12 point now off the board in 2 games we that we have lost by a total of 6 points.


    The dude has been money since that Washington debacle. He was 2 for 2 in Arizona, and was 3 for 3 tonight until that last miss. And it came just a couple yards short. At least it was on target.
    User avatar
    Mindsink
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:29 am




It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:10 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online