Lost by 3 to a very good team

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
My top criticism is not dropping Walsh for someone like Cairo Santos.

This team has the horses to run with any other, a few questionable decisions and a crap kicker did us in.

Russell Wilson will continue to be great.

Don't fire Pete until he wants to leave. Every year he's been here, we've had a fighting chance. Every year. It'd be Browns-level stupid to clean house. It'd be Tyrod-benching stupid to clean house.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Um, what?

I usually enjoy your posts, but um, what?

Your top criticism from tonight is anything Blair Walsh related?

Penalties, Pete, Who advises Pete on challenges, Lane, First down run call setting up 2nd and long= Wilson stripped, penalties, Seahawks Stupid Playcall of all time v2.0, I mean there are so many things I think of within milliseconds I just don't have Walsh in that mix at all. Like literally zero.

Are you still upset about Washington or something? Or the 52 yarder that was true and just short? I mean if that upset you hopefully you saw the Bears try a long 40 something yard attempt yesterday to tie the lions with no time left, and it went about 59 yards to the right of the goalpost.

RussB

Reaction score
I agree, alot of overreacton as usual even though it is a bad loss. It was our first game without both kam and sherman. Then shaq goes out and jeremy "easy gains" lane is a starting CB.

You have to factor in those things.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Can I not be pissed at this shit storm without someone saying, hey Cleveland would kill to be us? What a horrible coached game that was only made close because of a great player at QB. Top that with a shit stained kicker that misses kicks at the worse times.

SeaChickN

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1eatzqlt said:
Can I not be pissed at this shit storm without someone saying, hey Cleveland would kill to be us? What a horrible coached game that was only made close because of a great player at QB. Top that with a shit stained kicker that misses kicks at the worse times.

Or you could post in one of the 5 billion threads started by people who are pissed. Here is someone who's opinion differs from yours, and you don't respect that, yet you want everyone to respect your opinion? Huh.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Yeah I hear if you only lose to good teams they still let you into the playoffs. :2thumbs:

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
SeaChickN":32jxoix8 said:
seahawkfreak":32jxoix8 said:
Can I not be pissed at this shit storm without someone saying, hey Cleveland would kill to be us? What a horrible coached game that was only made close because of a great player at QB. Top that with a shit stained kicker that misses kicks at the worse times. This post can suck it!

Or you could post in one of the 5 billion threads started by people who are pissed. Here is someone who's opinion differs from yours, and you don't respect that, yet you want everyone to respect your opinion? Huh.

Oh shut up. Go take your drive by lurking somewhere else.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Optimus25":1sa32u0x said:
Um, what?

I usually enjoy your posts, but um, what?

Your top criticism from tonight is anything Blair Walsh related?

Penalties, Pete, Who advises Pete on challenges, Lane, First down run call setting up 2nd and long= Wilson stripped, penalties, Seahawks Stupid Playcall of all time v2.0, I mean there are so many things I think of within milliseconds I just don't have Walsh in that mix at all. Like literally zero.

Are you still upset about Washington or something? Or the 52 yarder that was true and just short? I mean if that upset you hopefully you saw the Bears try a long 40 something yard attempt yesterday to tie the lions with no time left, and it went about 59 yards to the right of the goalpost.

I get what you're saying, there's tons of validity in there. The penalties are something I should've mentioned - the one on the punt killed us and, overall, a team cant consistently spot the other team 100-120 yards per game and expect to win. They need to tighten that up.

I put the fake field goal call and the missed kick on nearly the same significance, but the field goal pissed me off in particular because this is Blair Walsh's MO - miss kicks that matter. It has been since we watched him break his own spirit against Seattle in the WC.

I get that the kick was true but what NFL kicker misses from 52 out? No excuse - Walsh has a cannon leg, so what the hell happened there?

I can forgive the fake kick. Big Balls Pete goes two ways, and unfortunately tonight... that shit was dumb. Really dumb. But I can forgive that because despite shortcomings Pete Carroll has proven himself to be a legendarily effective coach maintaining a streak of great success for longer than most teams could dream. I don't want him fired, but I have been advocating for a shake up for a while now which was not popular to begin with but is now anyone clamors for.

I am not a blind loyalist, nor do I think Blair Walsh is the only issue here. I just think Pete is good enough to get away with a stupid call and Blair is not good enough to survive missing a 52 yarder short on a windless night.

Not getting rid of Walsh though? That's on Pete and Walsh needs to be gone this time. He's going to do it again.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":24nwht6g said:
Very good teams aren't 6-4, also your homerism and lack of objectivity is boring.

The coaching sucks, period.

Useless stat of the day... Falcons are 6-4.

Falcons after 10 games last season... 6-4.

Even your boys on 710 were saying it this morning. The Falcons are probably the most talented team in the league on both sides of the ball... but have played like hot garbage for the first 1/2 of the season.

Maybe they're finally finding their groove.

Good luck the rest of the season Seattle.

JimmyG

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":m81tftzo said:
I get that the kick was true but what NFL kicker misses from 52 out? No excuse - Walsh has a cannon leg, so what the hell happened there?
The league is averaging a collective 59% on kicks 50+ yards or longer; now, surely this average is pulled down by wacky attempts -- like a team trying to make a 65-yard FG on the last play before halftime or something -- but it's not like it's a chip shot. Even from the 40-49 yard range it is only 79%. It is far from automatic.

Wilson deserves more blame for that last drive. We had a lot of time left when we got the ball (~1:45, plus a timeout), but he squandered a ton of time by repeatedly throwing over the middle for short gains. With better clock management and situational awareness, he easily could've got Walsh into much closer field goal range.

Seymour

Reaction score
So now 5-4 "is a very good team"??

:179422:

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I think this loss isn't taken so hard if the Hawks don't lose to Tennessee and the Redskins, but this was pretty close to a "must-win" game because of those two losses and how well the Rams are playing.

This team can only afford to lose 1 more game IMO the remainder of the schedule, and have 4 games (Rams, Eagles, Cowboys, Jags) that are easily 50/50 (that Eagles game may also be highly favored for the Eagles....at home). Combine that with if the Niners start Jimmy so that could be a weird game, and the Cardinals being a divisional opponent is not going to make thing easy. This was a game the team could turn the corner and get hot, and it did not. There's no shame in losing to a very good team, but the signs are terrible for the direction this team is heading into given the degree of difficulty for the remainder of their schedule.

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seymour":3jnjswju said:
So now 5-4 "is a very good team"??

:179422:

It feeds the imaginary narrative that everything is fine and that we've either been the victims of bad luck or lost to juggernaut dynasties, even though we've actually played a very soft schedule.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
JimmyG":krzc6vko said:
Maelstrom787":krzc6vko said:
The league is averaging a collective 59% on kicks 50+ yards or longer; now, surely this average is pulled down by wacky attempts -- like a team trying to make a 65-yard FG on the last play before halftime or something -- but it's not like it's a chip shot. Even from the 40-49 yard range it is only 79%. It is far from automatic.

Wilson deserves more blame for that last drive. We had a lot of time left when we got the ball (~1:45, plus a timeout), but he squandered a ton of time by repeatedly throwing over the middle for short gains. With better clock management and situational awareness, he easily could've got Walsh into much closer field gqoal range.

Sorry, worded that wrong. Meant to say missed short. The way it was missed.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":knuo5b9o said:
Very good teams aren't 6-4, also your homerism and lack of objectivity is boring.

The coaching sucks, period.

Again, the Seahawks have had near-unparalled success over the years, and their record this year at this point matches 2012, 2014, and beat 2015. Those were damn good clubs.

Speaking as objectively as possible here for you, bub - the Seahawks are a very successful team and are on pace to continue being successful this season.

I'm not saying that there are not problems with the coaching staff. My posts will prove that, I have openly advocated for a roster shakeup and refresh of the coaching staff (not the front office and definitely not head coach.)

stang233

Reaction score
This issue is we play 4 more really good teams and will likely lose by 3. So 8-8 is okay because they were good teams. This team is regularly out coached.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":17m5aiif said:
My top criticism is not dropping Walsh for someone like Cairo Santos.

This team has the horses to run with any other, a few questionable decisions and a crap kicker did us in.

Russell Wilson will continue to be great.

Don't fire Pete until he wants to leave. Every year he's been here, we've had a fighting chance. Every year. It'd be Browns-level stupid to clean house. It'd be Tyrod-benching stupid to clean house.
Absolutely ^^^
On ONE "Questionable Decision" .....Going with a trick play at the end of the 1st half instead of just kicking for three?, It could be that Pete didn't have the faith in Walsh to get it done....the kick in the nards by Walsh at the end of the game probably confirmed Pete's lack of confidence in him.

mikeak

Reaction score
So Walsh is to be blamed for 2 yards short but PC is not to be blamed for coming up short on at least 3 occasions in ONE GAME?

1) Fake FG - never goes for a TD. NEVER. If that is hallway in the first quarter then fine but not with 7 seconds left. You can't run a play up the middle with 7 seconds left that doesn't go for a TD.

2) Time-outs. AGAIN, AGAIN and AGAIN. End of the game and we don't have timeouts left - all coaching

3) 7 seconds on the clock, two weeks since you lost a game because of kicking and YET you as a coach don't run 3 out patterns with a quick throw that takes 4-5 seconds? You at least try to pick up 5-7 yards there.

4) Add to this on the second to last series where we get 9 yards on the first play and cannot run straight up the middle for 1. By the way next time maybe if we try to run up the middle for 1 we can get it........