Keeping it real. Blowing up the team talk is nonsense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":y9u3ab0g said:
UK_Seahawk":y9u3ab0g said:
hawker84":y9u3ab0g said:
I think some people underestimate the perfect storm that is required to win an SB.

Bingo. Injuries have killed us the past two seasons. Salary cap limits affected the O-line. Re-build the O-line, starting with using a high draft choice, use another pick on a good RB and pray they stay healthy. Replacing a few assistants would be a good idea, too.

This team needs some tweaks, not wholesale changes. A healthy Seahawk team -- with our current roster AND Pete Carroll -- is a legit Super Bowl contender.There aren't a lot of Sean McVays out there. Go ask the 49ers how changing coaches every year has worked out for them.
TRUTH ^^^^^^^^^

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I don't think there is that much wrong with the roster.
The coaches are a different story. What they're doing isn't consistently working.

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":30obx8sb said:
hawker84":30obx8sb said:
Some peoples satisfaction with mediocrity is baffling to me. Why can't a fan be thankful for the success this coaching staff has brought us in the past, and still understand this coaching staff is underperforming, and has been for the last few years?

I think some people underestimate the perfect storm that is required to win an SB. All you can really ask for are the play offs regularly and anything after that is a bonus due to a variety of factors.
I will say this the Seahawks had the dynasty look after winning the SB. The defense was elite the offense was good and HPercy arvin and Christine Michael were expected to add pop. I had thought two more Superbowl championships were possible.
Instead that horrible goal line call against the Pats and you know the rest.

chris98251

Reaction score
Ask the Vikings and the Bills if just getting to a Super Bowl was satisfying, then ask them again if they think they wasted their best years being also rans.

I am sure both those fan bases had high expectations and that when the age and slip started a sense of urgency crept in, knowing that all of a sudden time was no longer on their side and that it was now or never. Never being anytime soon in the NFL.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1rowgu1o said:
Neither blowing up the roster or coaching staff is a good idea. Hell, we still have a long ways to go in this season yet and the final chapters haven't even been written.

The final chapters have been written for you, here. :stirthepot:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think a lot of fans still consider the pro bowlers (past pro bowlers) are still the same players as they were before.

But, they are not.

Players get older and their talent fades.

Gotta stop living in the past!

There are a combination of issues plaguing this team.

Fading and aging stars combined with bad coaching is gonna result in bad play.

You can't expect different results if you continue to do the same things.

Switching things up are a must!

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I think a change in focus is in order. They've already been doing it out of necessity, with a horrible o-line and no running game, but it's time to officially acknowledge a move to a downfield passing attack and getting Wilson out of the pocket.

With the defense a shell of its former self, time to start putting points on the board. They've already proved they can do it. Now they just need to acknowledge they aren't some run first, keep it tight til the 4th quarter team. Time to run and gun and let the chips fall where they may.

I think they still win the division if they scrap the facade which no one believes anymore, anyways, and just let Russell do what he does best.

Exittium

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":23rbimxt said:
UK_Seahawk":23rbimxt said:
hawker84":23rbimxt said:
Some peoples satisfaction with mediocrity is baffling to me. Why can't a fan be thankful for the success this coaching staff has brought us in the past, and still understand this coaching staff is underperforming, and has been for the last few years?

I think some people underestimate the perfect storm that is required to win an SB. All you can really ask for are the play offs regularly and anything after that is a bonus due to a variety of factors.

Sorry but I'm greedy, I want more.

I don't accept that our window is closing, I don't accept that the combo of Allen, Pete and Schneider can't continue to perennially have the Hawks in deep playoff runs and SB's.

Yes there are factors out of a team's control when it comes to winning SB's. Health, attrition, schedule timing, etc. But that's maybe 20-30% of a team's success on any given Sunday. So I demand better from Pete and John, this roster was and still is far too talented to act like our SB's are squarely in the rear view mirror.

There's nothing worse IMO that an owner, player, coach, GM or fan can be than content to JUST make the playoffs and if we win a SB? Eh, yah! lucky us! Nope.
Agreed we just have way to talented of a roster that getting into the playoffs and getting knocked out shouldn’t be “normal” or acceptable every year.. I want a deep playoff run I want a few SB appearances, ESPECIALLY with this roster

two dog

Reaction score
All this because the Seahawks lost by three to the defending NFC champions in a game
they might have won even with a diminished roster both pre and in-game.

Grandmother Larry Stone had a piece in this morning's Seattle times where he was
spending doom and gloom. "End of an era", "Seattle aura has changed", "time marches on",
and other assorted crap.

He was selling but I'm not buying.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
two dog":kvdhqfy7 said:
All this because the Seahawks lost by three to the defending NFC champions in a game
they might have won even with a diminished roster both pre and in-game.

Grandmother Larry Stone had a piece in this morning's Seattle times where he was
spending doom and gloom. "End of an era", "Seattle aura has changed", "time marches on",
and other assorted crap.

He was selling but I'm not buying.

I hear that. This All or Nothing mentality is always baffling to me. This team still has the pieces and the pipeline to compete for the foreseeable future with some tweaks here and there, This notion that firing the staff and bringing in someone new would recognize that is a pipe dream. The first thing a new coach/GM does is blow up the whole thing to put their own stamp on it. That means a minimum 3 year rebuild, and that's ONLY if they do it right. Any setback or wrong move means we suck for the next decade. Anyone that wants to trade this staff and this team for that is nuts, in my opinion.

Do Pete and Co. have their hubris and shortcomings? Yep, just like any org does. We still compete every year, and this particular year is far from over. I'm on board with letting Pete and John stay for as looooong as they want to.

Seymour

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I have yet to see one person calling to blow up the team, just this thread.

Personally the players (other than a few pieces in the oline) I'm mostly fine with. In fact I'd settle for one change, replace Cable. Pete is not going to make these changes (Cable or Bevell), so it's onto him for me.

Also, far more people are pissed HOW we lost the game, not just that we lost it. Some don't understand this. Fine, they can continue to drive their race car at 55MPH on Sunday and be content then. :2thumbs:

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Seymour":1urd8k69 said:
Interesting thread. I have yet to see one person calling to blow up the team, just this thread.

Personally the players (other than a few pieces in the oline) I'm mostly fine with. In fact I'd settle for one change, replace Cable. Pete is not going to make these changes (Cable or Bevell), so it's onto him for me.

Also, far more people are pissed HOW we lost the game, not just that we lost it. Some don't understand this. Fine, they can continue to drive their race car at 55MPH on Sunday and be content then. :2thumbs:

We lost the game because Wilson spotted the Falcons 14 points. I don't hear many people clamoring to replace Wilson.

Seymour

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":24ci787a said:
Seymour":24ci787a said:

We lost the game because Wilson spotted the Falcons 14 points. I don't hear many people clamoring to replace Wilson.

Wilson let the DT by and pummeled himself for the strip 6 sack? Wilson gave up the 35 yards for the TD after the pick?

Nope, in fact Wilson made the TD saving tackle. Yes, he has some blame, but so do others.

Of course that has nothing to do with my post that Cable needs to go. :roll:

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Seymour":3crll6dv said:
imnKOgnito":3crll6dv said:
Seymour":3crll6dv said:

Wilson let the DT by and pummeled himself for the strip 6 sack? Wilson gave up the 35 yards for the TD after the pick?

Nope, in fact Wilson made the TD saving tackle. Yes, he has some blame, but so do others.

Wilson has thrown two of the worst interceptions I've ever seen him throw in the last two home games. As for the strip sack, yes, that is Wilson's fault. Do the twirly bird all you want at the 50 yard line to escape pressure, but don't do that inside the 10 yard line. He's a veteran QB, and that should have sunk in by now. Not like it's the first time he's had that happen.

As for Cable, I agree. But we both know that's probably not going to happen. So, the remedy is then to fire everyone? You think a new staff would recognize the greatness of this roster and just make the necessary tweaks? Not likely. They'd come in with their own brand of hubris and tear it down to rebuild in their own image. There are very few coaches/GM's that don't do that. So, in my opinion, the people that want the coaching staff gone are asking for a complete rebuild, whether they explicitly know that or not.

Seymour

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":1pkugtby said:
Seymour":1pkugtby said:
imnKOgnito":1pkugtby said:
Seymour":1pkugtby said:

Wilson has thrown two of the worst interceptions I've ever seen him throw in the last two home games. As for the strip sack, yes, that is Wilson's fault. Do the twirly bird all you want at the 50 yard line to escape pressure, but don't do that inside the 10 yard line. He's a veteran QB, and that should have sunk in by now. Not like it's the first time he's had that happen.

As for Cable, I agree. But we both know that's probably not going to happen. So, the remedy is then to fire everyone? You think a new staff would recognize the greatness of this roster and just make the necessary tweaks? Not likely. They'd come in with their own brand of hubris and tear it down to rebuild in their own image. There are very few coaches/GM's that don't do that. So, in my opinion, the people that want the coaching staff gone are asking for a complete rebuild, whether they explicitly know that or not.

Wilson was 90% of the offense, but sure blame him.

QB's throw picks....ALL OF THEM, and Wilson throws less than most. That spin move was developed for Cable who cannot do his job. It saved us last game and most....but sure lets stop that business too. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
Wilson does multiple triple axels during games, just because he could not hit the quad that night is not the reason to blame him. a consistent O line would elevate him to great in the league. When you become dependent on his ability to survive and extend plays you have already failed as a Coach and a OC, it's suppose to be a benefit in case things break down not how the offense is suppose to work.

hawker84

Reaction score
Tusc2000":1pz9a03d said:
UK_Seahawk":1pz9a03d said:
hawker84":1pz9a03d said:
I think some people underestimate the perfect storm that is required to win an SB.

Bingo. Injuries have killed us the past two seasons. Salary cap limits affected the O-line. Re-build the O-line, starting with using a high draft choice, use another pick on a good RB and pray they stay healthy. Replacing a few assistants would be a good idea, too.

This team needs some tweaks, not wholesale changes. A healthy Seahawk team -- with our current roster AND Pete Carroll -- is a legit Super Bowl contender.There aren't a lot of Sean McVays out there. Go ask the 49ers how changing coaches every year has worked out for them.

So you guys are saying our coaching staff (Namely Pete) is still top notch and firing on all cylinders?

hawker84

Reaction score
Seymour":goadt53c said:

Perfectly said.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2711fj0h said:
No one is talking about blowing up the team. But blowing up the coaching staff? You bet. Look at the Rams with McVay and what a difference a coach can make.

I mean this in the most least condescending way possible, but how long have you been watching football?

It amazes me every year how much NFL fans fall in love with the latest fad. The hot new coach and quarterback. And many of them fade away. You're convinced McVay is the real deal when he's been a head coach for how long? What will happen when teams around the league figure him out? When he has to prove longevity, win a playoff game, and like Pete ACTUALLY win one Super Bowl. Just one. And like Pete, go to TWO Super Bowls and make it to the playoffs every year.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Exittium":32lyinit said:
Sgt. Largent":32lyinit said:
UK_Seahawk":32lyinit said:
hawker84":32lyinit said:

Sorry but I'm greedy, I want more.

I don't accept that our window is closing, I don't accept that the combo of Allen, Pete and Schneider can't continue to perennially have the Hawks in deep playoff runs and SB's.

Yes there are factors out of a team's control when it comes to winning SB's. Health, attrition, schedule timing, etc. But that's maybe 20-30% of a team's success on any given Sunday. So I demand better from Pete and John, this roster was and still is far too talented to act like our SB's are squarely in the rear view mirror.

There's nothing worse IMO that an owner, player, coach, GM or fan can be than content to JUST make the playoffs and if we win a SB? Eh, yah! lucky us! Nope.
Agreed we just have way to talented of a roster that getting into the playoffs and getting knocked out shouldn’t be “normal” or acceptable every year.. I want a deep playoff run I want a few SB appearances, ESPECIALLY with this roster

Our Quarterback is our leading rusher. So no, we're not that talented.

And literally, unless you're a Patriots wanna be no team simply gets a "few SB appearances." Those kind of records are reserved for Bill Walsh's 49ers and Belicheck's Patriots. Both of which have had hall of fame talent or coaches at key positions. Which doesn't grow on trees

Some of you need a serious reality check. Maybe starting over with this team will give you all the reality check you deserve. Dynasties are rare