David Moore ... Why David Moore?

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I get that Freeney didn't play all that well against Atlanta, although he did register sacks in other games. And he's expensive. And if you need to make a roster move and we need to part with someone, well, we've got depth at DL.

But.....

Why did we need to promote a 6th WR? If any position on this team is strong right now, it's WR. Even if we get a rash of WR injuries, McKissic can easily slide over. Oh wait. We're thin at RB.

Is Moore developing that quickly? If Pete loves him and is concerned another team might swoop in and grab him off our practice squad, well, maybe we part with a backup WR who isn't tearing things up.

Or maybe we look for a freaking RB who can stay healthy for 6 games.

I'm a USC guy and have been a big Pete supporter for 15 years and have given him a pass on a lot of things. But this week has just baffled me. The fake FG, the replay time out and now this. In the past, Pete's always had an explanation, which, on the surface, always struck me as seasonable. Nothing about this week strikes me as reasonable, and Pete has offered no good explanation for this.

I'm not one of those people who scream fire the coach after every loss, and i'm not suggesting it now. I just would be thankful for some decent insight here.

Hawkfan509

Reaction score
I think Pete said in his presser that they were concerned a team was getting ready to claim him and they didn't want to lose him

massari

Reaction score
Obviously if someone was going to pluck him off the PS and they really like him and like the way he's developing, they're not going to let that happen no matter how deep they are at WR.

They also might lose Paul Richardson this off season.

Too bad they couldn't find someone else to release other than Freeney.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
They like Moore and another team was going to claim him.

They had 11 DL.

Numbers game. Nuff said.

Freeney was never more than a one year rental in an aging body. Makes sense to let the oldest player on your roster go when you get into a numbers crunch.

OP
OP
T

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I just don't get why they need both Darboh and Moore. Pick one.

potatohead

Reaction score
In true Hawks fashion I guess we can count on one of the DE's getting hurt next game :?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tusc2000":4othkbde said:
I just don't get why they need both Darboh and Moore. Pick one.
Pete is kind of between a rock and a hard place with Offense, and since Davis got injured, the Run Game needs tweaking IMMEDIATLY.
It's not only unreasonable to keep dumping the Offensive woes on the shoulders of Russell Wilson, it's foolhardy.
Defenses are keying on Wilson, throwing cheap shots, and anything & everything they can to take him out of the game, because they know that RW is about all Pete has going for him Offensively.
Pete doesn't have a whole lot of choice but to do something to stop the bleeding.
Pete bringing Davis up from the PS proved to be a really smart move, he was helping to take some of the pressure off of Wilson, and was doing great till he got hurt so it all dumped right back onto Wilson to carry the whole damned Offense AGAIN.
There are some things that Moore can do that Darboh likely..can't.
Moore has played some at RB, and since we have more backup defenders, and are depleted at RB, Pete really doesn't have a whole lot of options but to bring him on board....God Knows Lacey has shown that he's an answer....Just not the right one.
I (like a few others) was hoping that the Seahawks would just cut their losses and show Lacey the exit door, and keep Freeney, but Lacey is a RB, and at this time of the Season, we can't afford to send him packing.