Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ 49ers)

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Tough loss for the Seahawks but they battled back to potentially tie the game and force OT. Injuries continue to mount but I firmly believe they will still end up winning the division due to a Rams remaining schedule that is likely to see them lose 3 or 4. We hold the tiebreaker already with one more game against them at home which will likely decide the division. Sure, we have already lost two straight at home (first time since 2002) but I have a good feeling outside of the Eagles perhaps, they will take care of the Rams and Cardinals at home.

I am not looking past the 49ers this weekend with the Eagles coming to town for SNF a week from Sunday. Nor are the Seahawks. They are fully aware that the margin for their playoff hopes is razor thin. The 49ers are better than their record and have not shown any quit. Division games are always tough and Sunday should be no different and if Garoppolo starts that could be a spark. However...

...The Russell Wilson Factor continues.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - 49ers 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 7 - 3

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Both squads are decimated by injuries since the last time they met, which was an embarrassingly close match at the Clink. Is Jimmy G gonna start? I'm taking the Hawks and it would be great to see a blowout win from start to finish, but I doubt we'll see one of those this entire season.

24-17 Seahawks. I don't want to see any Seahawks turnovers and I want us to get one from SF.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks Offense gets unleashed as finally they realize the D isn't who they thought they were with injuries.

Hawks 34

SF 20
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Russell continues to ball and the defense gets a turnover.

Seahawks win 27-17
    "It's payback, Russell Wilson falling way back, in the draft, turn nothing into something"
    rossob
    NET Practice Squad

• There is no doubt in my mind this is the Niners Superbowl. They will give us everything they got.
    Seahawks 24
    Niners 20
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks win in a nail biter

Seahawks 17

49ers 16

RTD 6-4
    semiahmoo wrote:I'll say it again - this is Pete's last season in Seattle if the teams doesn't make a legit hard run deep into the playoffs.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• I think we're right in the spot where our offense is hitting its stride. I see our offense moving the ball and scoring better than we have all season. So that's not my concern. It's the defense, funny to have come to that conclusion. Injuries are now at a defcon 5 level, just utter devastation.

We'll still win, just praying that we don't continue to bleed to the IR.

Seahawks - 35
    Bad Guys - 24
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion...man." - The Dude
    CHawkTailGator
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks are battling but dumbass mistakes by players and coaches are costing "W"s. If mistakes don't happen then Seattle wins handily. If mistakes continue then it's anybody's ball game.
    Seattle 30
    San Fran 17
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 3
    Niners 4
    ducks41468
    NET Rookie

• 34-17 Hawks

7-3 YTD
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• We play down to them and have to comeback and scrape by with a win. If we lose we won't win another game this year. Going to be a frustrating game with garbage rawls and fat Lacy running the ball. It's all on Wilson again to win. Not going to be easy or fun.

17-14 Hawks

Ytd 7-3
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• 49ers are bad.

Seahawks 37
    49ers 3
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• I'm hoping everyone comes in all pissed off and rips the 49ers a new one.

Hawks 45 - 6
    DeSeahawk
    NET Rookie

• We'll likely win ....if the Refs do not have it in for us!!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• This is a game the Hawks should win. Seriously, if they don't, the season is as good as dead.

Seahawks 31
    49ers 13

My Record to Date: 7-3
    Radish and Cheinhill — Gone, but not forgotten
    HawkFan72
    * NET Moderator *

• Hawks - 23
    49ers - 21
    pittpnthrs
    NET Starter

• Another great win by our beloved team.
    Go Hawks !!! I expect you in the SB this year.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*

• We play down to their level the last few games. It’s in their house and their crappy field. Ugly game with the refs and defense gives up some sloppy plays. This board comes unglued.

Us 16
    Them 27
    SUPERBOWL XL CHAMPS AND I HAVE THE SHIRT TO PROVE IT!
    zchurch74
    NET Rookie

• PopeyeJones wrote:. I’d say 24-6 Seahawks in this one.

Bump. :lol:
    Last edited by Popeyejones on Sun Nov 26, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• The only way this game is close is if the Hawks lay a total egg.

Probably the most comfortable about a gam I have felt all season.

Hawks 38
    Niners 20
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

• I'll be at the game with 3 buds and full color on display. If we don't win this one, it doesn't look too good this year.

Hawks - 24 Ninnies - 17
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

• Things to know about the 9ers for Hawks fans:

1) Beathard is awful. Ball placement and accuracy are both a mess, particularly outside the numbers. Expect picks, a low completion percentage, and the Hawks’ BOOMless secondary to look better than it is. Don’t listen to 9ers fans about Beathard. They’re delusional.

2) Expect the Hawks to attack the seams. The 9ers run the same scheme in the back 7 as the Hawks and they’re down to a fifth free safety of the season manning the middle due to injuries. In Earl Thomas’ roll they’ll have some guy off the street who wasn’t employed in the NFL two weeks ago.

3) Expect the Hawks interior pass rush to look really good. The 9ers interior line might be even worse than the Hawks’ this year.

4) The 9ers D is young and aggressive. Look for the Hawks to capitalize on this through misdirection plays, and more rb screens, as they were running last week.

5) Watch for 9ers D tackles dropping back in zone coverage so you can know when 9ers fans are pissed off. Many 9ers fans would prefer they lose this game, but Saleh’s insistence on doing this pisses off all 9ers fans.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:Things to know about the 9ers for Hawks fans:

1) Beathard is awful. Ball placement and accuracy are both a mess, particularly outside the numbers. Expect picks, a low completion percentage, and the Hawks’ BOOMless secondary to look better than it is. Don’t listen to 9ers fans about Beathard. They’re delusional.

2) Expect the Hawks to attack the seams. The 9ers run the same scheme in the back 7 as the Hawks and they’re down to a fifth free safety of the season manning the middle due to injuries. In Earl Thomas’ roll they’ll have some guy off the street who wasn’t employed in the NFL two weeks ago.

3) Expect the Hawks interior pass rush to look really good. The 9ers interior line might be even worse than the Hawks’ this year.

4) The 9ers D is young and aggressive. Look for the Hawks to capitalize on this through misdirection plays, and more rb screens, as they were running last week.

5) Watch for 9ers D tackles dropping back in zone coverage so you can know when 9ers fans are pissed off. Many 9ers fans would prefer they lose this game, but Saleh’s insistence on doing this pisses off all 9ers fans.

Well if we played teams and attacked weakness those would be good thoughts. However.............................

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Maybe not the thread for it - but Popeye can you come up with any good reason they aren't giving Jimmy G a look?
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

• iigakusei wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Things to know about the 9ers for Hawks fans:

Maybe not the thread for it - but Popeye can you come up with any good reason they aren't giving Jimmy G a look?

The won, Grab a ho was new and learning stuff first week, they are not the Browns, Beathard is a Rookie, he is gaining some confidence, if it's not broke yet don't fix it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Falcons loss probably lit a fire under their asses. I think they will dominate. Should be a gimme game.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

• We'll win but it will be ugly and gross

Seahawks 15
    Niners 7
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Of course it's close. How could it not be? Carroll's whole philosophy is based on keeping games tight and never attempt to win until late in the game. But with our talent level we will win at SC.

Seattle 23
    1849 Claim Jumpers 20

RTD 6-4
    West TX Hawk
    NET Veteran

• This team is just a mess right now. Would not pick them to win against anyone but a bottomfeeder like the 49ers. Think they will win, but won’t be surprised if they lose.

Hawks 17
    Niners 10
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• RW leads the way again

Hawks 24
    Niners 17

RTD 2-2
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

• iigakusei wrote:

It’s Shanahan’s stubborn insistence on using West Coast verbiage, which makes his playbook a nightmare to master.

JG went from not calling plays in college to the very simple Erhardt-Perkins system with the Pats, and is now being thrown into the fire with Shanahan’s playbook.

Beat reporters have been asking him if he has any background learning foreign languages.

As an example, “F-Right 72 Ghost/Tosser” for the Pats is the EXACT SAME PLAY as “T-Right Double Wing Right B Right 322 Scat Y Stick Lion” is for the 9ers.

It’s one of the reasons why QBs take a couple years to really get confortable and start performing in Kyle’s offense, and why they are forced to lean on guys who have been in it before (like Brian Hoyer) or overdraft guys with some familiarity with pro-offenses when drafting (like Beathard).

I think JG will play at some point this year, but I honestly wouldn’t be at all surprised if they held him out until next year either.

GREAT, GREAT read on the three offensive playcalling systems in the NFL here: http://grantland.com/features/how-termi ... -patriots/

More generally, remember how the conventional wisdom used to be that a QB had to sit for a year or two after being drafted, but how teams don’t really do that anymore? That’s because of the decline of West Coast verbiage, which Kyle still uses.

:2thumbs:
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks - 36
    San Fran - 16
    ~ HOLY CATFISH ~
    MD5eahawks
    NET Veteran

• 45-8 Hawks
    Heyseed
    NET Starter

• If the Hawks lose this game and the Rams+Falcons win, they're gonna need a lot of help making the playoffs.

SEA 27
    SF 13
    massari
    NET Veteran

Interesting. I thought Beathard has been much better than Hoyer. If he plays, I think the Niners win our last match. He did great against the Giants. I expect him to have a passer rating of 100+ against us.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Things to know about the 9ers for Hawks fans:

Interesting. I thought Beathard has been much better than Hoyer. If he plays, I think the Niners win our last match. He did great against the Giants. I expect him to have a passer rating of 100+ against us.

I don’t see him ever developing consistent enough accuracy and ball placement to be as good as Hoyer when Hoyer has been good. TBF Hoyer was bad for the 9ers, but save for the scrambling still better than Beathard, IMO. Hoyer’s not good, but you don’t have to limit the playbook with him either.

TBF I think Beathard can be one of those guys who sticks around in the NFL for 10+ years as a backup. He has it in him to be an average to above average backup who maybe wins some games sometimes, but that’s his ceiling, IMO.

He comes from a football family, he’s way coached up, he’s smart and commands the offense well, and he does a lot of little things really well, and sells out for his team (listen to the announcers gush about how he keeps on getting back up this afternoon). It’s all the type of stuff that makes coaches over-value him.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks 23-20
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

• I predict that the Seahawks will have less than 100 penalty yds

Seahawks 33
    Whiners 21
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

• It is forecast to be light rain in Santa Clara today which shouldn’t be a concern but several posters have noted that Russell Wilson has not played his best ball in the rain. For it to be a blowout, I believe Wilson needs to have success both running and passing as he has in recent weeks. Anybody else worried about the weather aspect?

Hawks 40 (2 missed XP)
    1-9ers 23
    naholmes
    NET Rookie

• Trent Brown inactive. Look for Michael Bennett to have a big day.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Popeyejones wrote:Trent Brown inactive. Look for Michael Bennett to have a big day.

Our pass rush struggles against backups so I'll believe that when I see it smh. Shouldn't be this underwhelming but that's where we are in 2017.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

• adeltaY wrote:
    Popeyejones wrote:Trent Brown inactive. Look for Michael Bennett to have a big day.

Our pass rush struggles against backups so I'll believe that when I see it smh. Shouldn't be this underwhelming but that's where we are in 2017.

The loss of Avril looms much larger than most first thought.
    "Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    Hawk_Nation
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:26 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information