Who's the blame for the loss

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
At schedule release I just knew we'd play shitty today. East coast tilt, Florida game which somehow always play sloppy there, and knowing had the matchup capability before season let alone success having now. Later start wasnt going to tilt that. What sucks is having the chance at end when trailing by 17 coming into 4th. Rather had that 17 point loss than what happened. Russ make some bad decisions that definitely could have swayed final, yes, but also trying to make plays when no one else was. Short term memory and went right back at it. Russ is all game, head first dive for a first down when down 17 while Baldwin at the sticks steps out a yard before. That totally took me by surprise and instantly knew was going to bite us in the ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Pete, Bevell, and Cable. Jacksonville's secondary is great, and instead of pounding the rock to establish the run early and often, the continued to pass. Terrible game plan.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I still can't get over the Baldwin play, or lack thereof. I know it's not the blame for the lost, but I felt we were rolling to take that game despite Russ's poor play earlier and the defense's inability to touch Bortles all game.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3br4yx5k said:
I still can't get over the Baldwin play, or lack thereof. I know it's not the blame for the lost, but I felt we were rolling to take that game despite Russ's poor play earlier and the defense's inability to touch Bortles all game.

Likewise, not blaming Dougie just in awe he stepped out knowing right where the sticks were, not his mentality

HawkerD

Reaction score
Natethegreat":20sn1ug7 said:
Baldwin not getting an easy first down and heading out of bounds was a big one for me. Not sure what he was thinking there we had plenty of time.
Definitely a boneheaded play!! Really was significant.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
ducks41468":298lfdky said:
Wilson. He's just the worst, throwing those long TD's to cost us the game.
Wilson sucked because played into their strength trying to hit the homerun with his best albeit small receiver. Baldwin wanted this game badly to prove he is a WR#1. He misjudged one pass and got out played by these more superior athletes on several others. Wilson gone to the well too much with Dougie Fresh reminds me of the Kearse INTs in Packers game.
Why the hell didnt we go to our TE and RB more. We are so damn predictable.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
sooo 83% of all yards... 32/33 tds... and Wilson sucks now... Jesus Christ on Bicycle.... pushed throws he shouldn't yet was the one bringing us right back in stead of shutting it down and pouting... yea sucks, start Davis next week... without Russ we are sitting at #2 pick in draft... yet some of you would rather have that I can imagine than having Russ... the swinging of fan highs and lows week to week never ceases to amaze me

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":1v72a9gm said:
sooo 83% of all yards... 32/33 tds... and Wilson sucks now... Jesus Christ on Bicycle.... pushed throws he shouldn't yet was the one bringing us right back in stead of shutting it down and pouting... yea sucks, start Davis next week... without Russ we are sitting at #2 pick in draft... yet some of you would rather have that I can imagine than having Russ... the swinging of fan highs and lows week to week never ceases to amaze me

Just frustration talking.
IMO Wilson can make better and quicker decisions than he showed tonight is all. Our defense was so disappointing too.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":3h9gmmtg said:
If y'all want to blame Russ, fine, but don't act like had 1 good game all year... dude been saving our ass all year.

AND, he likely would have gotten ANOTHER TD, & go ahead score, if P-Rich don't get pulled to the ground, and the Referees don't have their heads up Jack's Asses.
When flagrant dirty plays by our opponents don't get flagged, it's either because of SHITTY Officiating, or CROOKED Refs purposely looking the other way.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Russ was hot garbage in the 1st half, Baldwin played like crap, DL didnt even smell Bortles the entire game. Marquis Lee running crossing patterns uncovered the entire game. Horrible game plan.

Collective effort I would say.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It was a systematic fail. Russell Wilson played some of his worst ball of the season for three and a half quarters, Bevell reverted to the "throw it and pray" offense, our defense was garbage the whole second half, and the refs were doing a whole lotta home cookin'.

If I had to just chose one scapegoat, it would have to be Bevell. I believe that Bevell single handedly lost us the game with his incompetence. The first drive showed a lot of promise. We were really pressing their defense with the short, and intermediate routes. We had to settle with a punt, but we didn't come out looking like a half dead, dollar special hooker. Good planning, we found an approach that was working. What we proceeded to do after that good first drive is completely deviate from what was working for our offense, and Wilson.

We started running the lords prayer offense. No outlet receivers, just a whole lot of F----it I'm going deep. A bunch of go routes, and deep, inside posts. The announcers sounded confused, perplexed even. The tone of their voices said "are you kidding me?". They spent a good portion of the game questioning our offense strategy, I think at one point one of them said "what are Seahawks doing?" He then made mention of the plays that had no outlet routes, no short, or intermediate routes called. The playcalls were reminiscent of myself playing madden for the first time on easy mode, except for the fact this is the NFL, against the best secondary, and defense in the NFL. Against a secondary that thrives on big plays, and a defensive line that is leading the NFL in sacks and pressures by a good margin.

What hubris convinces Bevell that these kind of plays will fool, or even have a chance in hell at succeeding against the Jaguars is beyond me. The act of running these kind of plays against this type of defense, we really set our Quarterback up for failure. Whenever we got something going, Bevell would go back to these low percentage plays. It is like an amateur trying to box a pro. The amateur will just wildly throw out haymakers, praying, hoping that the pro boxer will get hit. Unfortunately, said pro boxer dodges punches for a living, and the chances of the amateur hitting the boxer with these wild haymakers is nill. Bevell must've thought that he was close to god this week, because these plays he decided to call were prayers. Throw it up, and pray something bad doesn't happen. We didn't even attempt to disguise what we planned on doing to these guys. The result? They gamed our offense, again and again.

We adjusted in the third Quarter. Mike Davis was breaking off for some huge runs. Bevell, being the good Mormon that he is decides that it is time for his Sunday prayer again. Instead of playing off the play action, and capitalizing on our new found run game, we run the same old, flaming pile of crap hail maryesc play again.

Whenever we got something going, we didn't even force their defense to adjust. Bevell did that job for them, he would go back to the same old, crappy throw it up and pray play. Our offensive coordinator is the Blair Walsh of the offensive coordinator world. He will get something good going one week, then find away to outsmart himself the next. We are never going to sustain any kind of sustained success on offense with him around. The success we do have is largely predicated on our Quarterbacks ability to thrive in chaos, and improvise. As a result we are hindering Russ's progression as a passer, and handicapping our offense for three good quarters. We never get Russ into a rhythm, and when we do happen to do that he looks like a golden god. The 14 touchdowns in the fourth Quarter this year says everything you need to know. Roughly half of our Quarterbacks touchdowns come in the fourth quarter. That is a troubling trend, it means for the other three quarters our offense wasn't doing jack you know what.

We need change, and I don't think we are ever going to get it, at least not under Carroll. We will instead waste our franchise Quarterbacks potential, and lament about what may have been had Russ not been coached by an idiot.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bev called a good game. For whatever reason, on 2 of those 3 picks, our receivers had early separation, but the ball was delivered late, allowing the d back time to recover and create the turnover.

Was happy to see Davis generate a nice running game.

Special teams was pretty iffy and that really hurt in both leaving points off the board and surrendering Jag points. Have to clean that up.

NJlargent

Reaction score
That loss was a collective effort. Not one person is to blame.

What frustrates me is we played with a chip on our shoulder against the eagles. We played with pride and did not want to lose. I suspect we will play well this Sunday because the players don’t want to lose the division in our house. But yesterday that swagger was not there and that’s a product of coaching. We win when our players have that chip on their shoulder. When we don’t have that chip our coaches are just along for the ride.

And for all the people blaming Wilson, we would be 5-11 without him.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
NJlargent":495g28j3 said:
That loss was a collective effort. Not one person is to blame.

What frustrates me is we played with a chip on our shoulder against the eagles. We played with pride and did not want to lose. I suspect we will play well this Sunday because the players don’t want to lose the division in our house. But yesterday that swagger was not there and that’s a product of coaching. We win when our players have that chip on their shoulder. When we don’t have that chip our coaches are just along for the ride.

And for all the people blaming Wilson, we would be 5-11 without him.
We’re gonna need more than a chip. Seems like we’ll need some healthy LBs as well.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1vup0o18 said:
Bev called a good game.

l3ol6.gif

brimsalabim

Reaction score
The three int’s regardless of who’s fault each actually was, the fact that the only pressure our DL got was on the kneel down and a coaching staff who was out prepared.