I dread becoming indifferent again

Popeyejones

Reaction score
johnnyfever":5sulswxn said:
Popeyejones":5sulswxn said:
johnnyfever":5sulswxn said:
As I said, it's not about stats or season record. It's about watching the regression.

Saying we are about to go to the playoffs is a bit of a stretch. If we win this weekend, then I would use that phrase. This is no shoe in game against the Rams.

Im not sure where you see people saying they are defecting, haven't seen that one. I've seen frustration and people saying they are going to stop frequenting .net, but haven't seen people saying they are flat done being a Hawks fan. I know I sure as hell didn't and wouldn't. 3rd generation here, there is no escape for me. It's in my genes at this point.

Yeah, wasn't posting directly about you. I've seen a fair amount of "I'm done with this team" thrown around this year.

I said "are likely going to go to the playoffs again", and they are. Right now they have an 80% chance of going to the playoffs again this year.

As for the team getting worse, I'm a little suspicious of hand-wringing about regressing when that supposed regression doesn't even show up in the team's record. If you want to see what regressing looks like head on over with me to 9ers country. :lol:

Heck, suffer the indignity of just going 8-8 one year and then let's talk. ;)

80%chance of going to the playoffs? Did that stat come from tellmestuffthatfeelsgood.com?

We don't even have an 80% chance of winning the next game. Then we have Dallas with Zeke. Not too worried about the niners and we should win the cards, but 80% is definitely a pipe dream. Not only are we not winning our division, but as of right now we aren't in a wild card slot.

Nah. IIRC it came from ESPN and predicted playoff probability for each team.

I wasn’t just making up a number. :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Popeyejones":xsyz0vop said:
Heck, suffer the indignity of just going 8-8 one year and then let's talk. ;)

That will be next season.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As timeless and hilarious as this video is and always will be, his final line says it all.

[youtube]tRBDMMVctu8[/youtube]

Jville

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2ufyjdbv said:
When a team is really good every fanbase picks up recruits, and those same recruits tend to wander off when the team sucks again.

There's nothing atypical about that.

Personally, as a 9ers fan it has been really funny watching all the bellyaching about how Levi's Stadium sucks and that's why it's empty, as people forget that the 9ers suuuuuuckkkk, and Candlestick was also empty when they they sucked in the mid 2ks.

The only thing I find kinda bizarre is that the Hawks are on the verge of going 11-5 or 10-6 again, are likely going to go to the playoffs again for the twelfth time in thirteen years ( :lol: ) and people are talking about defecting.

Seriously?

Being completely honest, If the team you root for is about to go to the playoffs for the twelfth time in thirteen years and as a fan that's not good enough for you, I think you probably should defect and find another hobby.

I've often suspected that bellyaching is actually a chosen life style ....... completely independent of all other considerations. A different hobby would be unlikely to have any material effect on an entrenched lifestyle. Wherever that chosen life style goes, so too goes the bellyaching.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Too late, already indifferent. Seattle doesn't beat Florida teams and I live in Florida, no away games for me.

Wooooooooooooo!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm just hoping he doesn't go kick a puppy or something today. Thinking the worst about the team every game sounds like a lot of work :lol:

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
I don't know...hard to be too down on the near future. How many NFL teams would swap rosters right now?

Injuries can't hit as bad as this year, can they?

We just need to continue (or start ?) to adapt to maximize our strengths. I honestly do not see things falling off the shelf.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":168n3i9f said:
I don't know...hard to be too down on the near future. How many NFL teams would swap rosters right now?

We just need to continue (or start ?) to adapt to maximize our strengths. I honestly do not see things falling off the shelf.
I also don't see things falling off the shelf like others on here who think they know better would have us believe

Reality is we have one of the better run programs in the game and that's a testament to Pete and his entire staff.

And I'm going to vomit if I read one more time about how our talent is being wasted by our coaching staff. Excuse me, but a good portion of why our talent has manifested the way it has IS BECAUSE of our coaching staff.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":38j7tsrl said:
Grahamhawker":38j7tsrl said:

I also don't see things falling off the shelf like others on here who think they know better would have us believe

Reality is we have one of the better run programs in the game and that's a testament to Pete and his entire staff.

And I'm going to vomit if I read one more time about how our talent is being wasted by our coaching staff. Excuse me, but a good portion of why our talent has manifested the way it has IS BECAUSE of our coaching staff.

Hope you have a bucket or two handy :mrgreen:

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
adeltaY":w0jbsd6p said:
Siouxhawk":w0jbsd6p said:
Grahamhawker":w0jbsd6p said:

Hope you have a bucket or two handy :mrgreen:

Haha, nice.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Call PETA as crows are sure to become an endangered species in about 3 weeks with some of the responses around here.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1savua8f said:
The only thing I find kinda bizarre is that the Hawks are on the verge of going 11-5 or 10-6 again, are likely going to go to the playoffs again for the twelfth time in thirteen years ( :lol: ) and people are talking about defecting.

In the interest of accuracy, the Seahawks have not made the playoffs 11 out of the last 12 seasons...

mrt144

Reaction score
I'd rather be up and coming than already at the summit and waiting to slip off and roll all the way back down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Watching the Red Zone replay from the Rams/Eagles game, so many cheap shots from Rams players. Some things never change.

OP
OP
johnnyfever

johnnyfever

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3c8wkcuq said:
Watching the Red Zone replay from the Rams/Eagles game, so many cheap shots from Rams players. Some things never change.

Funny, over on their forum they are saying the same thing about us. Bennett rolling that lineman's legs the last play of the jags game doesn't help.