Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Rams @ Seahawks)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
It’s just not our year. Snakebit by injuries and our own mistakes. The Rams win the game and basically lock up the division.

Rams 34
Seahawks 31

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Loving all the picks against the Hawks.

Hawks win 30-23. Almost immediately, a bunch of people start saying we will lose to the Cowboys so we shouldn't get too excited :lol:

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Okay, the defense is banged up. Got it.

SO Bevell is going to try to keep them off the field as soon as possible. Or at least that's what SHOULD happen.

If Bevell is able to piece together sustained drives that eat up the clock,

Seahawks win 24-14

If Bevell Blue Falcons the defense like he's done all season

Rams win 35-6

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I would hope that the Seahawks have enough playoff game experience, to treat this and the next 2 games like one and done playoff games. They have, after all, been a playoff team for what 5 years now? That playoff game experience could very well make a difference. I see this game, like most on this site as a MUST WIN. I suspect that this will be a moderate scoring game with the win going to: Seahawks 24, Rams 20. (Sure hope I'm right!)
:smilingalien:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Picking the better team to win, and that’s the Rams. Hawks badly need Wagner to play and be himself. If that doesn’t happen, I think they get hosed.

Rams 28
Hawks 24

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They MIGHT be the better team BECAUSE of a ton of injuries to the Hawks. But after the Hawks win on Sunday, people can move on to saying we won't beat the Cowboys :lol:

Plenty of people said we would get smoked by the better team in Philly. You just have to be the better team on any given day. Case in point, Dolphins are horrible, they just beat the Pats. They are not even in the same league as New England. But the "better team" got beat.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Missing_Clink":1tv7h1yu said:
Picking the better team to win, and that’s the Rams. Hawks badly need Wagner to play and be himself. If that doesn’t happen, I think they get hosed.

The "Better" team? No. The "Not As Decimated" team? Sure.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seahawks and 12s get a dose of reality as to the real MVP of this team...BWags. If he is out, Gurley runs wild.
Rams 34
'Hawks 6

AgentDib

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b3pisl8 said:
You just have to be the better team on any given day. Case in point, Dolphins are horrible, they just beat the Pats. They are not even in the same league as New England. But the "better team" got beat.
For sure, and you can even be the lesser team on any given day and still win if you get a couple of key calls and a lucky bounce or two.

I'm expecting a Rams win if we don't have Wagner, but it's like 60% Rams - 40% Hawks and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Hawks come out on top.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I'm not discounting the impact that the absence of any of our key players can and will have on how any one of our units play. I remind myself and all of you that the reason for that, is mostly trust and familiarity within the units. The players we have been waiting for their opportunities to shine, are, after all, professionals, and are where they are on our roster because the have proven their worth.

I'll come out and say it, our defense would have gotten beat last week against the Jags if we had all of the original cast out there. The Jags offense is good, and our defense did an amazing job of defending against them. I believe had the officiating influences at key points in the game been better, that we might very well have flown out of Jacksonville with a win.

Practicing and playing together on the field as a team is what makes teams great, not just the addition or absence of individual players.. I'm sick and tired of hearing about how we don't have an offensive line, or a running game, or how the legion of boom is no more, because its a bunch of crap, we have a very good offensive line, we do have a run game, our defense has continued to platy some great ball in spite of Kam, Sherm, and Cliff, being out for the season.

The media loves to build heroes and legends, and while Russell wilson is an incredibly gifted athlete, he is not a one man show, and it is as a result of all the talent that surrounds him, that he has been allowed the success he's had. Russell can be his and our own worst enemy when he forgets he is a member of a team, and tries to hard to be a one man show.

I say we beat the Rams convincingly, Seahawks 34, Ram's 23. This is of course contingent upon the Officiating not factoring against us in this one.

Go Seahawks !

Thread Killer

Reaction score
Even after committing 5 turnovers, the Rams were still a dropped pass away from winning the 1st game with a healthy lineup. That said, I'm going with:

Rams 30
Seahawks 28

Seahawks lose after the kicker misses a 40 or so yard FG in the final seconds.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I know the circumstances are dire. I know that the chips are stacked against us with all the injuries and all of that. But THIS is when the Hawks seem to shine brightest -- when all logic says they should lose. Bottom line is that this game is being played AT HOME. I just don't see Russell Wilson and company allowing this team to lose. History says very clearly that December is Russell's month (he is the best in the NFL in the month of December). Seeing the OFFENSE bailing out the defense in this one.

Calling it ...

Seahawks 24
Rams 21