Rams offensive line is beat up

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Rams LT Andrew Whitworth and RT Rob Havenstein are both dealing with knee injuries. Whitworth has missed the last two practices, while Havenstein has been limited.

Last week against the Eagles, Goff was under pressure more than any other QB (55% of his throws). Goff is excellent at checking down and beating blitzes, so it is of paramount importance than the defensive front four generate consistent pressure on Goff and that the LBs play clean up against the check downs.

Against a beat up Rams offensive line, the Seahawks must dominate. I hope Frank Clark bounces back from his worst performance of the season and has a game like he had against the Eagles. Dion Jordan was back to being a full participant at practice for the first time in weeks, so he's another option on 3rd downs.

The Rams' RG is also not very good in pass protection. I'm hoping for big games from Sheldon Richardson and Michael Bennett. If Goff gets hit and faces a ton of pressure, the defense could force him into mistakes. They must take advantage of those turnover opportunities.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Our pass rush has been the most disappointing part of the defense this year. Hopefully they have an Eagles game performance and not a Jags game performance. I have a feeling both Big Whit and Havenstein will play and play well.

Their LG Saffold has been a revelation this year. Wish we could have a guard that developed like that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
With the amount of injuries that the Hawks have, I don't feel one bit bad about anyone being out on the Rams.

original poster

Reaction score
The DL seems to play significantly better at home this season with the added buzz of the home crowd getting loud. My bet is they play nothing like they did last week!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is a playoff HOME game. I have no worries that our team will fall flat against the Rams. None. These guys know what's at stake and they will rise to the occasion.

Like someone else said in another thread, we will beat the Rams. That's not my worry. The problem is, we will likely lose next Sunday in Dallas.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Richard needs to have an aggressive game plan and the play calling needs the be aggressive.
Roll out the softzone/prevent turd like he did last week and they lose.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Richard needs to have an aggressive game plan and the play calling needs the be aggressive.
Roll out the softzone/prevent turd like he did last week and they lose.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Aros":hok30y6k said:
This is a playoff HOME game. I have no worries that our team will fall flat against the Rams. None. These guys know what's at stake and they will rise to the occasion.

Like someone else said in another thread, we will beat the Rams. That's not my worry. The problem is, we will likely lose next Sunday in Dallas.

Russell Wilson and this offense will shred Dallas D. Zeke might not even be a factor, if Seahawks can take an early lead and hold it. I hope, anyway.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1ebupvee said:
Aros":1ebupvee said:

Russell Wilson and this offense will shred Dallas D. Zeke might not even be a factor, if Seahawks can take an early lead and hold it. I hope, anyway.

What you describe is not our style. We very rarely take early leads and always seem to be in a cat fight to win games, one way or another.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Rod Marinelli and Dominic Capers inexplicably know how to shut Russell and our offense down, even with scrubs playing D. It's maddening but has been true for a while.