I Believe this Offensive Line is going to Gel This Week

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Crizilla":368a72mj said:
Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results

This is the most overused cliché crap of a phrase I've ever heard.

It's also not even close to the actual definition of insanity.

Lol stop.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Crizilla":18gf1lc9 said:
I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Definition of insanity: trying the same exact thing over and over again and expecting different results

Agreed. Ifedi is the worst offensive tackle I have ever seen. I don't care if its his first year. When your that bad, take a seat and get somebody else out there. It cant be any worse.

adeltaY

Reaction score
I didn't call him any of those things, I just think the penalties are alarming is all. He is also not a trash player, he is pretty good in pass protection and improving.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Cable is a piece is ish human being.

He is trash with little or no redeeming value in him breathing.

Not because of his production as an OL because he is a worthless and vile piece of crap.

Look at how he conducted himself in his other stops. Look at what he was accused of, look at how he talks to others or handles others.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2ag48teo said:
Crizilla":2ag48teo said:
I really can't believe there's still any Seahawk fans who still believe in Cables O-lines.

Agreed. Ifedi is the worst offensive tackle I have ever seen. I don't care if its his first year. When your that bad, take a seat and get somebody else out there. It cant be any worse.

You must not watch football then. IDC how you guys spin it but most of your talk is just that. So I googled top tackles in the NFL. Out of the the 4 top tackles in league talked about, ifedi has given up the 2nd fewest sacks. Highest in flags by far. However, most these guys are vets and had penalty filled seasons with more sacks allowed then ifedi.

So really all tackles usually struggle with high flags plus sacks early in their career. Here are some examples below.

Ifedi has given up 2.5 sacks so far. 102 penalty yards allowed. 1st yr as tackle.

Tyron Smith is considered a all pro RT for the Dallas cowboys.

He has given up 2 sacks and 61 penalty yards in two less games. This is his 6th yr at tackle. Worst sacks allowed? His first 3 yrs. Allows 4.5 sacks a year on average.

Donald Penn has given up 3 sacks and 37 penalty yards in his 10th season. His worst flagged years? His first 4 years all while allowing 8.5 sacks on average.

Joe Staley has given up 4.5 sacks and 10 penalty yards in his 10th yr.

You know what Staley's worst flagged years were? His first 4 years all while averaging 8.5 sacks allowed.

Andrew Whitworth has allowed 5 sacks this yr and only 3 flags for 23yds in his 11th yr. His most flagged years minus one year? Early in his career while allowing 5.5 sacks on average.

Duane brown gave up 28 sacks in his first 4 seasons at tackle, but with minimal flags. Halfway through his career is when he became really dominant allowing 7 in last 4 years.

So if ifedi can cut down on flags(like most do on this list) ifedi allows less sacks then most of them. Brown and smith were the only ones minimally flagged early in career.

So this whole theory on him is blown up. Most tackles early in career get flagged....a lot. Most give up tons of sacks.

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 7.5 sacks allowed.

Anyways I'm sure these facts won't stop the witch hunt but I'm trying to provide stability and stats. Its too early for bust label.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Pocic has allowed 2 sacks in 8 games and 45 penalty yds. So he is doing pretty well IMO too.

907Hawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1iptcjo9 said:
Crizilla":1iptcjo9 said:

Maybe you have a short memory, i've got a name for you, Garry Gilliam. :irishdrinkers:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
907Hawk":20ymy1bo said:
pittpnthrs":20ymy1bo said:
Crizilla":20ymy1bo said:

Maybe you have a short memory, i've got a name for you, Garry Gilliam. :irishdrinkers:

I stand corrected. :D

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":3sogmsid said:
pittpnthrs":3sogmsid said:
Crizilla":3sogmsid said:

You must not watch football then. IDC how you guys spin it but most of your talk is just that. So I googled top tackles in the NFL. Out of the the 4 top tackles in league talked about, ifedi has given up the 2nd fewest sacks. Highest in flags by far. However, most these guys are vets and had penalty filled seasons with more sacks allowed then ifedi.

Come on man. You do realize we have the most elusive QB in the NFL don't you? Speaking of watching football, do you not see the constant beating Ifedi receives from the opposition? Its glaring and hard to miss. Also, there's a reason he leads the league in penalties,,,its called lack of talent. He receives the penalties trying to compensate for it. He's absolutely awful and I cant believe anybody would try to defend him.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Shanegotyou11":171cdkmw said:
pittpnthrs":171cdkmw said:
Crizilla":171cdkmw said:

So really all tackles usually struggle with high flags plus sacks early in their career. Here are some examples below.

Ifedi has given up 2.5 sacks so far. 102 penalty yards allowed. 1st yr as tackle.

He has given up 2 sacks and 61 penalty yards in two less games. This is his 6th yr at tackle. Worst sacks allowed? His first 3 yrs. Allows 4.5 sacks a year on average.

Donald Penn has given up 3 sacks and 37 penalty yards in his 10th season. His worst flagged years? His first 4 years all while allowing 8.5 sacks on average.

You know what Staley's worst flagged years were? His first 4 years all while averaging 8.5 sacks allowed.

Andrew Whitworth has allowed 5 sacks this yr and only 3 flags for 23yds in his 11th yr. His most flagged years minus one year? Early in his career while allowing 5.5 sacks on average.

Duane brown gave up 28 sacks in his first 4 seasons at tackle, but with minimal flags. Halfway through his career is when he became really dominant allowing 7 in last 4 years.

So if ifedi can cut down on flags(like most do on this list) ifedi allows less sacks then most of them. Brown and smith were the only ones minimally flagged early in career.

So this whole theory on him is blown up. Most tackles early in career get flagged....a lot. Most give up tons of sacks.

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 11.5 sacks allowed.

Anyways I'm sure these facts won't stop the witch hunt but I'm trying to provide stability and stats. Its too early for bust label.

I follow your line of thinking but you are leaving out one, major, HUGE factor. The QB.
Russell is the sole reason Tom Cable is still employed.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":h9q6lmj5 said:
Crizilla":h9q6lmj5 said:

This is the most overused cliché crap of a phrase I've ever heard.

It's also not even close to the actual definition of insanity.

Lol stop.

I didn't actually expect people to think I pulled out a dictionary and copied the literal definition. It fits what we are talking about though. The o line wasn't even good when we won the super bowl

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Eliminate the zone blocking scheme and RBs will be successful. Hell, there might even be a way to get a bubble screen to the LOS instead of a loss.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
hgwellz12":6d9qpp03 said:
Shanegotyou11":6d9qpp03 said:
pittpnthrs":6d9qpp03 said:
Crizilla":6d9qpp03 said:

Here is first round pick Garret Bolles 11 flags for 96 yds and 11.5 sacks allowed.

I follow your line of thinking but you are leaving out one, major, HUGE factor. The QB.
Russell is the sole reason Tom Cable is still employed.

So is dak. I knew ppl would bring elusive part up. Russ also runs into sacks then. IDC about cable. I'm comparing how ifedi stacks up vs top tackles. Dude isn't garbage like ppl want or think.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1qkt8lz6 said:
Shanegotyou11":1qkt8lz6 said:
pittpnthrs":1qkt8lz6 said:
Crizilla":1qkt8lz6 said:

Come on man. You do realize we have the most elusive QB in the NFL don't you? Speaking of watching football, do you not see the constant beating Ifedi receives from the opposition? Its glaring and hard to miss. Also, there's a reason he leads the league in penalties,,,its called lack of talent. He receives the penalties trying to compensate for it. He's absolutely awful and I cant believe anybody would try to defend him.

Its not far off the course for other other young tackles. I just gave you stats of Ifedi vs top tackles. You also realize Ifedi has some flags called on him due to Russ running around and leaving a good pocket. Russ also saves sacks.

I can't believe the blind hate makes ppl just ignore the stats. The stats are ifedi isn't far off and isn't the "worst" tackle like you proclaimed.

ducks41468

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":22g5d58s said:
Wouldn't it be nice to not take 14 games every season for the line to "gel"?

Yeah it's pretty much the same story every year. Line looks historically awful for the first 6-8 games, then gradually progresses to merely below average by the end of the season. Then no matter how much continuity we have it's always back to square 1 at the beginning of the next season.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":2lhy2i1i said:
I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.

Yea I saw that tweet too. The stats I provided of top tackles also struggled in their early years. Actually gave up triple the sacks ifedi has. I mean compare him to bolles(96 yds of flags and 11.5 sacks allowed)

But it doesn't help the ppl who want ifedi as a bust. I just provided the stats of tackles and it got ignored.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If ifedi is a bust, pocic is a bust.

Simple as that. But, but,but.

First yr ifedi 5.5 sacks and 31yds allowed at guard.

First yr pocic on pace for 5 sacks allowed and 91yds of flags.

So pocic .5 sack less and triple the flags with a better line then ifedi had. Compare the lines.

But pocic isn't a bust to me either. I'm just showing the blind hate you guys have.

getnasty

Reaction score
With Kearse gone and Lane not playing, Ifedi has turned into the new whipping boy around here. While he does make some dumbass plenties he's not as bad as many make him out to be. He's not good either.