I Believe this Offensive Line is going to Gel This Week

adeltaY

Reaction score
Tyron Smith is playing pretty damn hurt this year so that's an unfair comparison. He's also an LT, not RT. Ifedi is fine as a player, the flags are unacceptable and way too frequent. Both can be true.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
adeltaY":1zjl203r said:
Tyron Smith is playing pretty damn hurt this year so that's an unfair comparison. He's also an LT, not RT. Ifedi is fine as a player, the flags are unacceptable and way too frequent. Both can be true.

Yeah, but the obvious will be lost because the new found stats fit his narrative. Lets not take into account the other tackles QB, receiver route trees, etc,,,. Ifedi constantly gets destroyed and no stats can cover that up regardless if it results in a sack or not.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":19zx13oz said:
Jimjones0384":19zx13oz said:
I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.

Yea I saw that tweet too. The stats I provided of top tackles also struggled in their early years. Actually gave up triple the sacks ifedi has. I mean compare him to bolles(96 yds of flags and 11.5 sacks allowed)

But it doesn't help the ppl who want ifedi as a bust. I just provided the stats of tackles and it got ignored.

I hear ya. Go Hawks!
(Edit) thanks for the stats, BTW.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":10q1gew5 said:
Jimjones0384":10q1gew5 said:
I read a tweet, can't find it now though, that most of the top penalized players are first and second year linemen, majority tackles. Garrett Bowels is second, and only two behind the leader, Ifedi. Not that some or a lot of his penalties aren't stupid, but these young linemen are facing talent on a weekly basis, the likes of which haven't been seen. Not an excuse for him, but he is hardly an isolated case.

Pocic's strength is what will keep him from the tackle spot, for now. The big knock on him coming out of college was his lack of strength, and it shows up on film.

Yea I saw that tweet too. The stats I provided of top tackles also struggled in their early years. Actually gave up triple the sacks ifedi has. I mean compare him to bolles(96 yds of flags and 11.5 sacks allowed)

But it doesn't help the ppl who want ifedi as a bust. I just provided the stats of tackles and it got ignored.

Bolles has 7.5 sacks allowed according to WaPo sports, not 11.5. Penalty yards are spot on. He's also blocking for some truly awful QBs in Simon, Lynch, and Osweiler. Also, AFC West so he has to go up against Bosa/Ingram, Houston, and Mack. Could mean he has a harder job than Ifedi.

FidelisHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":mw1pnic3 said:
Yeah, but the obvious will be lost because the new found stats fit his narrative. Lets not take into account the other tackles QB, receiver route trees, etc,,,. Ifedi constantly gets destroyed and no stats can cover that up regardless if it results in a sack or not.

Wow, new found stats or unknown to you? Fits his narrative or is contrary to yours?

I’m now in a real dilemma, should I believe the statistical reality or your much more informative opinion. After all if enough people say Germain is constantly getting destroyed often enough and loud enough, it has to be true, because...

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":rgi22vf0 said:
adeltaY":rgi22vf0 said:

Most new tackles suck with flags and sacks. Ifedi sucks with flags. Ifedi is ahead if the curve for allowing sacks.

And you wanna bring up route trees? You realize about 25% of ifedi flags are from Wilson running around outside the pocket that was clean as well?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":t0flusm8 said:
Shanegotyou11":t0flusm8 said:
Jimjones0384":t0flusm8 said:

I hear ya. Go Hawks!
(Edit) thanks for the stats, BTW.

Your welcome. Stats are being ignored. They want opinions.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
adeltaY":273ieb8e said:
Shanegotyou11":273ieb8e said:
Jimjones0384":273ieb8e said:

Bolles has 7.5 sacks allowed according to WaPo sports, not 11.5. Penalty yards are spot on. He's also blocking for some truly awful QBs in Simon, Lynch, and Osweiler. Also, AFC West so he has to go up against Bosa/Ingram, Houston, and Mack. Could mean he has a harder job than Ifedi.

Yea I didn't mean 11.5 but I was going through a lot of tackles. Good edit. Thanks.

Yep he does. Still we are making reasons why. Facts are ifedi is better then the haters want to admit.

fav13259

Reaction score
It’s painful to watch

Missed tackles, Bevell’s play calling, horrible O-Line, Russ’s overthrows, the Defense’s missed tackles, Poor special teams... demoralizing... game’s not over, but they gotta turn it around.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
7 sacks with 6:00 minutes to go in the 3rd. Yeah, they're awesome.

Crizilla

Reaction score
mods should just delete these horrible, horrible threads. Honestly.

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes it looks like they gelled alright. Right into the green slime class of their own. Thank you Tom Cable for yet another wasted season waiting for you to get your shit together, Didn't take long to turn all pro Brown into a member of the factory of goo. :pukeface:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNzAvNzM1L2kwMi9TbGltZXItR2hvc3RidXN0ZXJzLmpwZw==

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3nqnvsdp said:
Who can take a pro bowler and teach him to play like poo....Tom Cable can.

The Rams and Goff are a perfect example of what having a crap oline then a good one will do for your QB and production. From 14 points PG to over 30 in 1 season with "no good players" available. :roll: They pulled off what the Hawks have not been able to do in 6+ years. It turned Goff from the ghost and Mr chicken to Superman.

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
No, very sorry...we do NOT have a decent offensive line. We haven't for a while now.
They aren't even close to capable.

We need this addressed first.

Latest posts