Matt Patricia's thought process vs the Seahawks SB

lukerguy

Reaction score
RussB":2m4ad7pw said:
Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

Except for the part that he wasn't open in the flat...

He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1x3z13ry said:
Just proves that they knew what was coming. The Seahawks' goal-line playbook was razor-thin at the time. THAT was Bevell's failing - or, possibly, Pete's.
"At the time?" I hope you define that as "through 90% of every season of Bevell's Seahawks career." Also, what, you think Pete had a "not more than X pages in the offensive playbook" policy? I sincerely doubt it.

Our pre-snap formations telling our opponents what we were doing most of the time was beyond aggravating. I'm so looking forward to that not being much of an issue.

RussB

Reaction score
lukerguy":231sm1tv said:
RussB":231sm1tv said:
Lynch was wide open in the flat, i always notice that in the replay. Patricia even mentions it here.

He COULD have been open if they ran a pick play that Patricia was scared of but they didn't and he wasn't open.
He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.
malcolm-butler-intercepts-russell-wilson-super-bowl.gif

Loud & Proud

Reaction score
IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.

Its a scab that will never quite heal!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That's basically the view I had from my seat up in the Hawks section. Ugh. As soon as Lynch went in to motion, I was like "what are you doing?" I'll never get that image out of my mind, ever. No regrets though, very lucky to have experienced a Super Bowl in person, and it was a hell of a game.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sdog1981":2o9vj7s8 said:
I don't have a problem with them throwing the ball on second down with the clock running. I do have a problem with the play not being a hard play-action fake to Lynch.

Yes I have said the same thing too. The problem was not that it was a pass at all. Even Belichick has said that the pass was a smart play call in that situation. The problem was that the Seahawks made no attempt to make the Pats think Lynch was getting the ball up the middle. Wilson should have done a play action fake to draw the Defense in, and then a designed run/pass option.

daveyoung52

Reaction score
I was and probably still am,quite a bit, more interested in Jeremy's thought process after the interception and Cliff's [or possible lack of] after that collision with Hightower!!

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
RussB":1fn6o037 said:
lukerguy":1fn6o037 said:
RussB":1fn6o037 said:

He was though go watch the full replay after the ball is snapped lynch runs his route and hes behind the defender. Wilson could just toss it in the back of the end zone and its an easy TD.
malcolm-butler-intercepts-russell-wilson-super-bowl.gif

Lynch was never an option on this play. It was going to Lockette 100 times out of 100.

chris98251

Reaction score
Funny even without the Pick Lockette would have been tackled at the one if Butler hits him like that even with the ball.

Wilson was zeroed in on him the whole time as you can see, didn't look anywhere else as well.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Loud & Proud":19g6zx80 said:
IMO Browner made the play by giving Butler enough room to jump the route. Agree with OP that its interesting hearing his thoughts.......still think Wilson threw it too high and lead him too much.
Its a scab that will never quite heal!!

As I understand it, Browner also told Butler what was coming, based on formation, and what Butler needed to do on the play.