RB movements and adjustments under Schottenheimer and Solari

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This is the Alien.

Completely unorthodox body style. Haven't really seen it since Marcus Allen, with all that legginess. It does seem to work though. Smart player that seems to do the right thing at the right time. Now that I think about it, Alexander was quite a leggy RB that wasn't pretty, but effective for quite a while.

[youtube]swLPYs2ZF8s[/youtube]

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1gss4kxt said:
Guice is pretty much Rawls. That might be a draw for some.

Guice is a red flag for me. His tape is okay, not great. His athleticism is deceptively poor. His short shuttle is 4.66 which is... just nasty. Very low SPARQ guy. We'll see how he does at combine, but I think he's a 4.55-4.60 in the dash, low explosion and agility guy who isn't worth the high pick.

Chubb is an absolute monster. Michel is athletic enough and well-rounded. Royce Freeman is a big man with great athleticism who's tape does not impress me at all. Ronald Jones is a home-run hitter with legit high 4.3 speed.

I wouldn't touch Guice until the 4th. He may very well prove me wrong, but I think his ceiling is probably "slightly above average." I know I said he'd be decent earlier in the thread, but upon deeper digging, I'm not keen on him.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Weird. Another leggy alien. Almost like a Terrell Owens type body, but playing RB. This is now two of them in the same draft.

[youtube]rjMvt-DFg70[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
With Chubb, you have to think he can get back to 2016 form. His 2017 self was lacking in short area explosiveness and was a bit of a plotter. He was slow. He was a different player in 2016.

[youtube]r_wHSNVQjFQ[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Looking at this is relevant. Not only for Chubb and Michel, but just in general.

[youtube]w_Vy61HobfM[/youtube]

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
toffee":2qpv2zvb said:
Last off season, Pete and front office put major emphasis to improve running. Invested in new OL guards Joeckel and almost got Lang, signed new RB in Lacy, drafted Carson. Result was total failure .... led to the ouster of Bevell and Cable.

This off season, we have a new OL coach that had success in coaching OL with great running games, an OC with past emphasis on runs.

Quite sure Lacy will be cut, Rawls? Will Carson came back strong or lost a step or two? Will we use a full time FB?

Thoughts?

I still think we might draft a RB in the first round, I'm 50/50 on that decision as I believe an edge rusher, again is still the most important with no telling if Malik, Bennett or Avril will ever play for Seattle again.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":2iek5jeu said:
toffee":2iek5jeu said:
Last off season, Pete and front office put major emphasis to improve running. Invested in new OL guards Joeckel and almost got Lang, signed new RB in Lacy, drafted Carson. Result was total failure .... led to the ouster of Bevell and Cable.

This off season, we have a new OL coach that had success in coaching OL with great running games, an OC with past emphasis on runs.

Quite sure Lacy will be cut, Rawls? Will Carson came back strong or lost a step or two? Will we use a full time FB?

Thoughts?

I still think we might draft a RB in the first round, I'm 50/50 on that decision as I believe an edge rusher, again is still the most important with no telling if Malik, Bennett or Avril will ever play for Seattle again.

If you can predict this teams draft, you’re a genius. If I ran the team, I would be gunning for a replacement for Bam Bam.

[youtube]5rxavnCSxCo[/youtube]

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":1bj84w7u said:
NFSeahawks628":1bj84w7u said:
toffee":1bj84w7u said:

Thoughts?

If you can predict this teams draft, you’re a genius. If I ran the team, I would be gunning for a replacement for Bam Bam.

[youtube]5rxavnCSxCo[/youtube]

Not if Bradley McDougald takes his natural position at strong safety. I do think we need depth there though yes, just don't think we would go there round 1.

Seahawks will probably trade down like always.

Not gona get Barkley past top 10 and while I like Michel, most have him at 2nd or 3rd round. Would be cool to get him there plus an edge rusher.

Specifically... trade down for (1) 2nd and (1) 3rd round pick.

Draft an Edge Rusher at 2 and hope Michel is around at 3. Draft is deep with quality edge rushers.

Unfortunately, I could see Pete overriding everyone and drafting Arden Key because he's had off the field issues and Pete LOVESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS projects.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The OL is going to take some time to reboot from Cable's way to Solari's way. They will improve under Solari. They need a rb that has quick acceleration. Someone who can hit the LOS fast. Ronald Jones and Sony Michel look to be those guys. Rashaad Penny looks to have some of that too. Thomas Rawls had very quick acceleration prior to his injuries. Post-injury he wasn't as quick plus starting dancing a lot. He developed poor habits. Acceleration wasn't an issue for Lynch because usually one player couldn't take him down. He was able to drag people forward most of the times. Lynch didn't have to be fast because he was superb with balance.

Seahawkwalt1967

Reaction score
Hard to say which rb I like the best
I really like Kerryon, Josh Adams, Michel, and esp Penny and Jones
Guice doesnt impress me
If we trade w Cleveland and pick up 3-1, then I think all of the above will be available (maybe not Penny and Jones)

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Watching this Jacksonville offense is such a thing of beauty. I've missed it for a long time. Brady isn't even getting much time on the field. The Pats know that Fournette is getting the ball and they can't stop it. On one of those 3rd and 1 plays, Fournette tried to pump up the croud.

Brady is going down here and the remaining QBs will be former journeymen and no names.

This is awesome.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
vin.couve12":12euqy2w said:
Watching this Jacksonville offense is such a thing of beauty. I've missed it for a long time. Brady isn't even getting much time on the field. The Pats know that Fournette is getting the ball and they can't stop it. On one of those 3rd and 1 plays, Fournette tried to pump up the croud.

Brady is going down here and the remaining QBs will be former journeymen and no names.

This is awesome.

So want to see the Jaguar and Vikings superbowl.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny is killing it in the senior bowl right now. Lots of stuff about him having trouble in practice this week, but it sure as hell hasn't shown up on the field. He's the best player out there today.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ballage had an interesting game too. Not sure where he goes in the draft, but he's an interesting prospect. He was money in pass protections drills in practice, I heard. That counts. His combine will be one to keep an eye on, but his tape can show indecision and pad pevel issues. Still enough there to keep an eye on though.

[youtube]EtHBMJU57dQ[/youtube]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Lions? Communist bastids...Rawls is probably going to go home. They should be happy with that. Lol

[youtube]oq9xJtWvi28[/youtube]

If both Penny and Michel are there in the seconf round I don't really know what to do though. Both are going to have really nice combine numbers.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Penny didn’t look great in practice but showed up when it was game time. There are plenty of players who excel during practice only to disappear at game time. It would be a nice change to have someone who excels when it counts the most.

Latest posts