Russell Wilson

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Fade":21unjkrd said:
TheLegendOfBoom":21unjkrd said:
Todd Haley is available.

Let's get Haley in here for some offensive side spot and if/when Shottenheimer fails/gets let go you move Haley to OC and he'll help Wilson.

Todd Haley would be a great fit for RW,

Todd Haley was brought to Pittsburgh to fix Big Ben from holding the ball to long. They butted heads at first, but it worked, and he became a better QB because of Haley.

PC already made his choice though so.........Not happening.
San Fran doesn't have issues letting go of their coaches after a week or so, Carroll shouldn't have an issue after a couple of days. Lol.

I would welcome Haley way faster than Schottenheimer.

TreeRon

Reaction score
" what if the new Offensive crew comes in and then decides RW is overrated? " LOL
Yea, that's gonna happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1l44t963 said:
Fade":1l44t963 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1l44t963 said:
Todd Haley is available.

Let's get Haley in here for some offensive side spot and if/when Shottenheimer fails/gets let go you move Haley to OC and he'll help Wilson.

Todd Haley would be a great fit for RW,

Todd Haley was brought to Pittsburgh to fix Big Ben from holding the ball to long. They butted heads at first, but it worked, and he became a better QB because of Haley.

PC already made his choice though so.........Not happening.
San Fran doesn't have issues letting go of their coaches after a week or so, Carroll shouldn't have an issue after a couple of days. Lol.

I would welcome Haley way faster than Schottenheimer.

Bring in Mike Holmgren he helped make Dilfer and Hasselbeck decent here and knows something about offense also, that's about how far Haley will get to Seattle also.

original poster

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3of3iaeg said:
Todd Haley is available.

I'm sure Haley would jump at the opportunity! :sarcasm_off:

hedgehawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":289hygl0 said:
hedgehawk":289hygl0 said:
It’s not blind RW hate.

From you it's not. From one particular poster who I won't call out by name (but is obvious to anybody who reads this thread from end-to-end) it is. Blind RW hate, without reason.

Ah....gotcha. I’m sorry! I took it as anyone that had constructive criticism Regarding RW. My apologies.

mrt144

Reaction score
ZagHawk":22gjh9dn said:
Scorpion05":22gjh9dn said:
Can we really stop with this Brady nonsense. Brady has all day to throw. When he doesn't, he folds like a cheap coward. When defenses play press coverage Brady still has to hold the ball. Brady has also never consistently been without a running game

Brady will also throw the ball in the ground if its not there. Meanwhile Russell will run for his life trying to make magic happen. And Either magic will happen...OR he gets sacked for 15 yards and the series is dead and the OC gets another excuse over why the offense couldn't be called.

Sure the outcomes kinda suck but the alternative was having another DOA run play on the next call or yet another passing play that had a non-trivial chance of RW doing the exact same thing. Put the entire fulcrum of the offense on one player, don't be surprised if they won't let get of every chance?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Smellyman":ywknyibx said:
nice pockets even make Case Keenum look competent.
The Keenum who is out there now IS a competent NFL Quarterback. (Real OL blocking certainly doesn't hurt)

Keenum has been staying up late watching reruns of the Kurt Warner Story.
And probably has read every Dave Krieg biography in print. (There are some in print, I hope)
IIRC, Keenum has a victory over Seattle as a Ram. Not to hijack the topic, but Keenum has paid his dues, worked HARD on his craft as a QB, largely overcome the doubters, and wow is he ever delivering, including in the leadership department.

One of the most fantastic things about RW is that same type of leadership, and players believing the play is never over, the game is never over, as long as Russell is our QB. Green Bay knows all about it. Love what Keenum said in the huddle to his WRs before the play that sent his team to the NFC Championship game. , , along the lines of "Somebody is going to get an opportunity to make a play", letting them all know to just keep competing. Leadership, a bunch of small things that just keep adding up. RW has it. I'll be looking to see it emerge in full strength next season. It's hard to truly lead when you know you'll be running for your life on every play the moment the ball is snapped.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Wilson has heart and skills.... and a solid work ethic. His ceiling is ahead of him and I’m happy about that. I would have hated his peak years to be in a Cabevell offense.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TreeRon":vyyl1t4f said:
" what if the new Offensive crew comes in and then decides RW is overrated? " LOL
Yea, that's gonna happen.
That's pretty far fetched, if they get that far out on a limb, hand them a saw LOL.