One thing I will miss about Bevell

mikeak

Reaction score
I am going to miss the empty set pass into congested middle on 2nd and short to win a game..........

Too soon?

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
:sarcasm_on: all the scoreless first quarters...halves...scoring 3 against the Lambs last year...12 against the Dolphins too, 10 against the 49ers... :sarcasm_off:

He called a few good games, but overall, it sucked.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
I’ll miss Jimmy Graham run blocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm going to miss the quick bubble screens for 5 yard losses............................. where our 160 lb skinny WR's get blasted and run over by DB's and LB's.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Say what you want about the man, and I'm glad we are kick starting this team over the off season, but I'll always be grateful for....

A60f28f055c8f0  seahawks football seattle seahawks

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":373uobkl said:
Say what you want about the man, and I'm glad we are kick starting this team over the off season, but I'll always be grateful for....
Let's see, 27 of those 43 points were scored by our offense. Malcolm Smith had a pick six, Cliff Avril got the safety, and Percy Harvin returned a kick-off for a TD.

But yeah, let's give a lot of credit to Bevell for that win. :roll:

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":26uqwnxa said:
kidhawk":26uqwnxa said:
Let's see, 27 of those 43 points were scored by our offense. Malcolm Smith had a pick six, Cliff Avril got the safety, and Percy Harvin returned a kick-off for a TD.

If you watched the game, we won in every phase. If you can't give credit where it's due, that's your problem. I happen to be grateful to every coach and player who was involved in that historic Seahawks victory. Heck, as much as I dislike Harvin, I even appreciate his TD to open the 2nd half.

That has nothing to do with whether he should continue to coach here, but I'll be damned if I'll let what happened in recent years taint my lovefest for that victory. You can feel free to taint that win in any fashion you wish

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
kidhawk":3w0vt44b said:
RolandDeschain":3w0vt44b said:
kidhawk":3w0vt44b said:

If you watched the game, we won in every phase. If you can't give credit where it's due, that's your problem. I happen to be grateful to every coach and player who was involved in that historic Seahawks victory. Heck, as much as I dislike Harvin, I even appreciate his TD to open the 2nd half.

That has nothing to do with whether he should continue to coach here, but I'll be damned if I'll let what happened in recent years taint my lovefest for that victory. You can feel free to taint that win in any fashion you wish

To add to what you said about a team win, even though we didn't need the offense, there was nothing to suggest Denver was stopping them. In the first half when the game was still in doubt I think there were only 3 drives that ended FG, FG, TD. Look further, I think we got jobbed on that first drive and Russ got the first down on the drive stalling play. And the ball was right on the money on the 2nd drive that could have been a FG. I could be wrong, but wasn't the next offensive drive the one after the fumble recovery at 29-0 to make it 36-0?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
kidhawk":1kte2gtd said:

A60f28f055c8f0  seahawks football seattle seahawks

Those were good times............................good times.

toffee

Reaction score
I for one would really like to hear what Bevell had to say about Tom Cable:

Did Bevell initiated Cable's involvement in run games?
Did Bevell approve of Cable's personnel decisions?
Did Bevell ever had the power to fire Cable?

NFL coaching community is pretty closely knitted, guess we will never get know.

Personally, I believe Bevell the OC never had the power to pick his own OL coach. So post Lynch, we basically had a two headed monster in our offense coaching.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
kidhawk":30uvpb41 said:
If you watched the game, we won in every phase.
Gee, no, I had better things to do that day; like watch paint dry. :roll:

If you can't give credit where it's due, that's your problem.
I didn't say he deserves no credit, but I will say this now: he deserves less than probably every other coach & coordinator on that team. Hell, dude, we'd have won the game if the offense scored ZERO points...16-8 Seahawks win, lol. He could have slept in at the hotel and missed the game, and we'd still have won the Super Bowl.

Just sayin'.

I happen to be grateful to every coach and player who was involved in that historic Seahawks victory. Heck, as much as I dislike Harvin, I even appreciate his TD to open the 2nd half.
That return by Harvin was a thing of beauty, it's too bad he's a headcase. Being grateful to anyone associated with a positive act is not how I tend to roll in life, personally. A group can have great success at something and still have a worthless straggler or two. Just like how guilt by association isn't accurate a lot of the time, neither is praise or positivity by association. ;)

I'm not even sure how you're considering this me tainting that victory. That victory was absolutely amazing. Dominance at a level that is, frankly, almost never seen in the pinnacle game or series of any given sport. Our defense is what set the tone and let the offense do its usual screw around crap and finally find a rhythm, though. We scored one TD in the first half on offense. Of the three phases of the game, I don't think there's any debate that the defense was the biggest piece, followed by special teams, then by the offense. Hell, by the time we got our second TD on offense, the Broncos were already humiliated and itching to go home and end the misery with booze.

kidhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1k7ikj9g said:
kidhawk":1k7ikj9g said:
If you watched the game, we won in every phase.
Gee, no, I had better things to do that day; like watch paint dry. :roll:

kidhawk":1k7ikj9g said:
I'm not even sure how you're considering this me tainting that victory. That victory was absolutely amazing. Dominance at a level that is, frankly, almost never seen in the pinnacle game or series of any given sport. Our defense is what set the tone and let the offense do its usual screw around crap and finally find a rhythm, though. We scored one TD in the first half on offense. Of the three phases of the game, I don't think there's any debate that the defense was the biggest piece, followed by special teams, then by the offense. Hell, by the time we got our second TD on offense, the Broncos were already humiliated and itching to go home and end the misery with booze.

I'll just skip over the rest of the post because this is really the crux that is mostly tied to why I posted in this thread.

Sure Bevell and co. had to go, but I give them credit, just like I give Harvin, Carroll and everyone else who helped the team through that season and for that particular game credit, because it's the greatest memory I may ever get as a Seahawks fan. We will NEVER win another First Super Bowl in our history. This is what I will always take with me from guys like Bevell and Cable who have been fired.

Yes I'm happy we've moved forward and are shaking up the coaching staff, it was past due, but I am more than happy to have fond memories of every single piece of the puzzle that got us our first Lombardi.

As I said, you don't have to, you can pick and choose, that's everyone's prerogative. I simply am posting that I will always remember these guys for that magical season and not for the decline that has come in years since.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1ykp3r0z said:
kidhawk":1ykp3r0z said:
RolandDeschain":1ykp3r0z said:
kidhawk":1ykp3r0z said:

To add to what you said about a team win, even though we didn't need the offense, there was nothing to suggest Denver was stopping them. In the first half when the game was still in doubt I think there were only 3 drives that ended FG, FG, TD. Look further, I think we got jobbed on that first drive and Russ got the first down on the drive stalling play. And the ball was right on the money on the 2nd drive that could have been a FG. I could be wrong, but wasn't the next offensive drive the one after the fumble recovery at 29-0 to make it 36-0?
hawks were up 22-0 @ the half, then Percy happened on the kickoff, 29-0.

Getting back to your last sentence, I think it was. Hawks had a TD on the Kearse “pinball play” to make it 36-0.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
jammerhawk":5j25zb72 said:
I won’t miss a darn thing, I wish he’d been given a pink slip after XLIX.

This sums it up for me.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Palmegranite":22wygkaj said:
Or....do you think we'll ever see another Baldwin to Wilson touchdown? That was pretty slick.

Don't forget the TD pass from Sidney Rice in 2012, and IIRC, Golden Tate had an awkward looking left-handed TD pass as well, I think that same year. We had a receiving corps with the highest QB rating ever that year. Add in Jon Ryan's TD pass in 2014, but that was probably not Bevell's doing.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
What I will miss the most is everyone blaming Bevell when Wilson went off-script and it ended poorly, and crediting Wilson when he went off-script and it went well.

Fact of the matter is we have a QB who goes off-script all the time. It's his thing. His "magic". However, the other side of that fact is that he's a coach killer because he goes off-script.

I'm glad we got a rushing-game OC, because that's all he can coordinate in this offense. Our playbook should be 15 rushing plays and 1 pass play, which will generally be scribbled in the artificial turf while in the huddle and include instructions like "break toward the sideline at the gatorade bucket".

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I'll miss that counter pass where we had the entire team pulling one direction, and a wide open Lynch squirts out the other direction for a catch and big gain.

Of course I've been missing that for a couple of years now.

Guess since it had success, we would never fool the other teams with it anymore so it had to be shelved. :sarcasm_off:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3uq7vg2q said:
What I will miss the most is everyone blaming Bevell when Wilson went off-script and it ended poorly, and crediting Wilson when he went off-script and it went well.

Fact of the matter is we have a QB who goes off-script all the time. It's his thing. His "magic". However, the other side of that fact is that he's a coach killer because he goes off-script.

Yep.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3tspfa6a said:
I'm going to miss the quick bubble screens for 5 yard losses............................. where our 160 lb skinny WR's get blasted and run over by DB's and LB's.

Another reason I'm not that heartbroken about losing Lockett, should it come to that.