Brian Schottenheimer

King Dog

Reaction score
I pretty much hate all our new coaching picks except for Solari which I'm luke warm on. Write it down, take a picture. I'm cool with it.

chris98251

Reaction score
I would like to see someone get in Wilsons earhole when needed and not so chummy. I hope he brings that, all in moderation of course, you want to check him on his mistakes and challenge him to do better without him tuning you out.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Some have implied if not speculated Bevell was in essence too nice, ultimately not able to keep Wilson strictly adhering to fundamentals such as throwing on time at the end of his initial drop backs and keeping more within the structure of the offense. That line of thinking says Schottenheimer will be the opposite, an intense yeller who will ride Wilson much harder.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/nf ... 85674.html

original poster

Reaction score
Russ and Doug talking about the new hiring -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawks/status/957420076155641856[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":3ho5qx96 said:
Russ and Doug talking about the new hiring -

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawks/status/957420076155641856[/tweet]

Honeymoon speak, at least they sound open minded, although they kinda have to at this point.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":28zctjs9 said:
I would like to see someone get in Wilsons earhole when needed and not so chummy. I hope he brings that, all in moderation of course, you want to check him on his mistakes and challenge him to do better without him tuning you out.
I'd rather RW be like Brady and speak up.
If he is the wimpy type that can't handle it and tunes people out that know better
then maybe he is not going to get any better than last year.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1zfrjwqm said:
xgeoff":1zfrjwqm said:
MontanaHawk05":1zfrjwqm said:
xgeoff":1zfrjwqm said:
you know who's offense I just loved watching recently? The Eagles. The Eagles and Doug Pederson came up with a scheme and a series of plays that maximized Nick Foles' abilities and seemingly gave their offense a number of creative options on every play.

Who wants to tell him that the Eagles used...bubble screens?

LOL! Nooooooo!

Yep. :)

But the difference is that they used well-blocked bubble screens. They actually have an OL, blocking TE's, and WR's who can block.

The downfield and lateral blocking is something that really took a nosedive on this team since 2014, and nobody's been talking about it.

The difference is FAST developing bubble screens with a pulling guard and FullBack to lead block.

ivotuk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":1kmd64gy said:
chris98251":1kmd64gy said:

If he is the wimpy type that can't handle it and tunes people out that know better

OMG. "If Russell is the Wimpy type that tunes people out who know better..."

What, like fans?

Schottenheimer will be just fine. Firing Cable and hiring Solari is the the big change that we needed. Our struggles all came down to the offensive line.

People want to say that "Everyone warned us about Bevell," but we got to 2 Superbowls and won one of them.

"The INT" was on several people, and Ricardo Lockette must take partial responsibility for not going hard to the ball. It was his route, and Malcolm was his DB to beat to the ball.

But replacing Bevell will help this team get past that play. That's why it had to be done. Like someone mentioned earlier, if not for Blair Walsh, we would have been 11-5. We have never been a bad team under Pete. Yet people are ready to fire him and can his new OC.

You can't evaluate Schottenheimer based solely on hand picked stats. What about being a top 10 running game for 3 years? And Top 10 in rushing touchdowns for 4?

If you're going to judge the man, you have to take in to account the talent he had to work with. Marc Sanchez in NY. Some random QB in Georgia that was replaced by a rookie. I can't even remember the carousel he had at St Louis. But they managed to beat us.

We can learn from the past, but it's difficult to base the future solely on a few stats. Brian has never had a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. And his dad was one of the best at putting together a running game to ever coach in the NFL.

All Russell needs is some blocking, and a run game, and he will be MVP. He was almost MVP without them. RW is one of those rare talents at QB, that who his OC is, isn't nearly as important as, who is Oline Coach is.

Tom Brady had some struggles a while back, until Belicheck talked his old Oline coach (Dante Scarnecchia) out of retirement, then his production skyrocketed again. The same is true for Russell.

mrt144

Reaction score
IndyHawk":cua5hrob said:
chris98251":cua5hrob said:

You want a goldilocks situation then - one where RW speaks up and takes people to task but isn't a locker room cancer who speaks up and takes people to task.

Anaheim.hawk

Reaction score
If we're going the recycled route, is Bill Callahan available? Currently with the Redskins, he might reunite with Gruden in Oakland. I'm not in the loop, but throwing it out there...

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2553gowj said:
IndyHawk":2553gowj said:
chris98251":2553gowj said:

OMG. "If Russell is the Wimpy type that tunes people out who know better..."

What, like fans?

Schottenheimer will be just fine. Firing Cable and hiring Solari is the the big change that we needed. Our struggles all came down to the offensive line.

People want to say that "Everyone warned us about Bevell," but we got to 2 Superbowls and won one of them.

"The INT" was on several people, and Ricardo Lockette must take partial responsibility for not going hard to the ball. It was his route, and Malcolm was his DB to beat to the ball.

But replacing Bevell will help this team get past that play. That's why it had to be done. Like someone mentioned earlier, if not for Blair Walsh, we would have been 11-5. We have never been a bad team under Pete. Yet people are ready to fire him and can his new OC.

You can't evaluate Schottenheimer based solely on hand picked stats. What about being a top 10 running game for 3 years? And Top 10 in rushing touchdowns for 4?

If you're going to judge the man, you have to take in to account the talent he had to work with. Marc Sanchez in NY. Some random QB in Georgia that was replaced by a rookie. I can't even remember the carousel he had at St Louis. But they managed to beat us.

We can learn from the past, but it's difficult to base the future solely on a few stats. Brian has never had a QB the caliber of Russell Wilson. And his dad was one of the best at putting together a running game to ever coach in the NFL.

All Russell needs is some blocking, and a run game, and he will be MVP. He was almost MVP without them. RW is one of those rare talents at QB, that who his OC is, isn't nearly as important as, who is Oline Coach is.

Tom Brady had some struggles a while back, until Belicheck talked his old Oline coach (Dante Scarnecchia) out of retirement, then his production skyrocketed again. The same is true for Russell.
^^^ Well thought out post ^^^
No pushing of panic buttons, climbing out on the ledges of tall buildings, or running around with scissors in the hands :smilingalien:

misfit

Reaction score
Well the Vikings just hired DeFilippo as OC, glad we got our man...

zchurch74

Reaction score
Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
zchurch74":3vdang3y said:
Just read that. This is BS. He could of made our offense fun again. Pete and Jon screwed the pooch on rushing to hire Shotty
How do you know he would have chosen Seattle over Minne???

Uncle Si

Reaction score
zchurch74":2fvj6e6c said:

The former Browns OC and Eagles QB coach?

How do people know this is the guy that created the Eagles offense?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
ivotuk":1djl28rv said:
I like how the Bevell lovers are fine blaming one player some losses, but gods rid the notion of blaming one coach for some losses. It's particularly funny when one considers the fact that the OC has a bigger hand in the outcome of games than any player on the field except for the QB.

original poster

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3mzzc2xt said:
zchurch74":3mzzc2xt said:

The former Browns OC and Eagles QB coach?

How do people know this is the guy that created the Eagles offense?

A couple of guys on Twitter said so :roll:

NJlargent

Reaction score
Maybe DeFilippo saw our OL and the regression and decided he would wait for another team. Not that I would choose the Vikings with the QB situation.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Also there is an article which I think is already linked in this thread about how schotty made all those bad QB's just a little better
I believe we are going to be better and crow will be the main course next season
Our blocking and running woes by association were on cable and that I believe is going to change , so I'm totally happy to see the results before I start a 10+ page thread about how bad it's gonna suck
This reminds me of all the new posters after we won the SB comin in and raising all kinds of crap
Calm down folks , we got another draft comin , global warming's still a thing and my undies don't quite fit right
Plenty of other stuff to complain about

:irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: