How will you react if SEA skips RBs in the draft...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2w7fpk7y said:
I also question those numbers. He was a 4th round pick (#126) not a 2nd.

That's why he lists 2 numbers. One for his Value from his original round, and the other for his value if we were to tag him with a 2nd round tender. The tender amount would be dependent upon how they tag him. Personally I'd just go with the right of first refusal and see what happens.

Teams have four different tender options they can place on their restricted free agent that usually keeps those players from leaving.

First-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a first-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.

Second-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a second-round selection if it opts not to match the deal.

Original-round tender: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal and will receive a selection equal to the round the player was originally selected in if it opts not to match the deal.

Right of first refusal: Free agent can negotiate with other teams, but original team has option to match any deal. The team will not receive any compensation if it opts not to match another deal.

[urltargetblank]https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/8/14834554/nfl-restricted-free-agents-rules-tender-amounts[/urltargetblank]

Seymour

Reaction score
Yes, I read through all of that already but was looking for the amount of the original 4th round tender and have yet to find it. Again, this is all off topic of "how would you react if we don't draft a RB" and keep 2 backs (or we could also pickup another UFA) though IMO.

"Pissed because Davis would cost too much" could be an answer also. :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":myynxmz3 said:
Yes, I read through all of that already but was looking for the amount of the original 4th round tender and have yet to find it. Again, this is all off topic of "how would you react if we don't draft a RB" and keep 2 backs (or we could also pickup another UFA) though IMO.

"Pissed because Davis would cost too much" could be an answer also. :2thumbs:

I just assumed that his amounts listed are estimates as I haven't seen any official list of 2018 numbers released yet. His numbers are only a little higher than the 2017 numbers, so they sound like they are accurate enough for the purposes of a speculative thread such as we have to do at this point in the off season.

Here are last year's numbers for reference:

First Round $3,910,000
Second Round $2,746,000
Original Round $1,797,000

and the estimates for this years numbers which seem to match the above

First Round $4,152,000
Second Round $2,916,000
Original Round $1,908,000

[urltargetblank]https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/[/urltargetblank]

Seymour

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, the $1.7 number was all I found also.

Sounds like a lot until you consider how we did last year with Lacey and his $4+M with no China food bonus $$.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
2_0_6":2w3ve8yu said:
We will see Isaiah Crowell or Demarco Murray as a Hawk next year.
Interesting. I'm not a Murray fan at all, but Crowell would be a good pickup. I'd like that a lot.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Three picks in the 5th round, right? I'm guessing one of them is a RB.

iigakusei

Reaction score
If Procise could just stay healthy - Carson and him would be a sweet 1-2.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":12yhaa7y said:
vin.couve12":12yhaa7y said:
Seymour":12yhaa7y said:
original poster":12yhaa7y said:
I don't expect Mike Davis will be on the team next year.

He is a RFA and the team are not paying him the $1,908,000 (original round tender) or $2,916,000 (second round tender). He 'may' be back anyway via FA for vet minimum but we will see. I also don't expect Rawls to be back.

J.D. McKissic is likely going to get ERFA tendered so he will cost $630,000 next season, pretty good value, he's almost certainly back.

Potentially that leaves 3 RB's on the roster for 2018 - J.D. McKissic, Chris Carson and Tre Madden.

I think it's very fair to say they look at RB in both free agency and the draft.

For me, personally, I'd be amazed if they don't select a RB by the 100th pick overall.

That changes the entire thread topic. I think we have to go with the OP's assumptions or this will turn into something other than intended.
I don’t see how the poster gets to set the framework for a reality that is yet to exist. Being 2 million minimum for Davis changes things whether we like it or not. I was expecting him back, but now it's a huge question.

It's not a $2M minimum if we pick him back up after he clears which also can happen. Point is, the thread changes when you throw in your own anticipated scenario.

I also question those numbers. He was a 4th round pick (#126) not a 2nd.
Either which way, you can get a back in this draft that will or could eventually challenge Carson for the starting job this coming year and then you don't have to worry about the position for the next two years and on the cheap so that money could be used elsewhere.

It's just the right card to play.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
They will draft a RB somewhere unless they are banking on Procise :34853_doh:

BeanieHawk

Reaction score
As a former Georgia Bulldog myself...I'd love to see our Hawks pick up Sony Michel or Nick Chubb; that said we have too many other holes on our team i.e. O line, defensive line, defensive secondary in the draft and not many picks ( one 1st rounder, and none right now in the 2nd or 3rd round)...each pick will be important...so I hope we get a good one in free agency!

massari

Reaction score
BeanieHawk":3sda0yk6 said:
we have too many other holes on our team i.e. O line, defensive line, defensive secondary in the draft and not many picks ( one 1st rounder, and none right now in the 2nd or 3rd round)...each pick will be important...so I hope we get a good one in free agency!
Agreed for the most part.

Hoping they don't pick one early but get one in the middle rounds to go with Carson, McKissic and a vet free agent. Prosise to WR.

Rawls and Davis for depth/competition preseason.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Since the 'Beastmode' era, the Seahawks haven't had a Feature Back....Last year, Pete tried like hell to rectify the problem by Drafting Carson & bringing in Lacey and a few others to resurrect his Run Game.
Eddy (slow-mo) Lacey didn't/doesn't have what it takes to make up for shitty O-Line push.
I'm thinking that Pete is hoping that Solari might be able to breathe new life into the Seahawks O-Line.
I don't believe that we have Pete's feature Back on the roster....Is there one in THIS Draft that tickles his fancy?, I don't know, but I'm betting that he's going to try and find one there.
I agree that he should be looking for a charging Bull Fullback that can block, and blow holes open for our RB's.
I'm hoping that he's also looking for a Tight End that has some NASTY, and also doesn't mind blocking for his teammates.

getnasty

Reaction score
If they take a RB it won't be early unless they trade back from 18 which could happen. Carson,
Davis,Prosise and Mckissic wouldn't hurt my feeling but I think they'll grab one with a late round pick to compete with Mike Davis for the 4th RB spot.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd be perfectly fine with it. We need to improve our OL first, though it might be improved with existing personnel already from getting rid of Cable; who knows?

I'm guessing this will be John Schneider's toughest off-season in Seattle yet.

AgentDib

Reaction score
In my view we mainly need to reload on cheap talent across the board so I'd like to see straight BPA. If that doesn't include RB than so be it, we'd add at least one in UDFA and then probably another from the FA bargain bin.

I would be surprised, however. There are lots of intriguing RBs this year and a couple of them are bound to slip as a result. The ASU RB looks like a pretty good short yardage complement with decent hands.

Atradees

Reaction score
I hope we don't draft a bag full of 5th round free/agent types....

Man......the Seahawk's have a rich history of amazing running backs.....

I will be OK if the oline is finally improved.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Currently, the RB position can be described with two words...hope and prayer. We hope that Carson, or Rawls, or Procise, or McKissic, or Davis, or someone else can be the guy and provide some semblance of a run game. We pray that whoever it Is, stays healthy.

I'm pretty sure they will draft someone. Doug Martin was released and is available. At this point in the off season, I doubt they go FA for a RB. Much cheaper to find one in the draft.