How will you react if SEA skips RBs in the draft...

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
After they whiffed during the best WR and CB drafts in the decade, this wouldn't surprise me.

So I'll be pissed but not surprised.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
they're taking a RB in the draft, 100% certainty

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":dd081uze said:
After they whiffed during the best WR and CB drafts in the decade, this wouldn't surprise me.

I'd hardly call guys like Sherman, Lane, Griffin, Thurmond, Maxwell, etc "whiffed." That's a better hit rate than most teams, especially for where these guys were drafted.

Agreed on the WR's, hit rate has been terrible for Pete and John. Other than O-line, their worst drafted position group.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Slightly off-topic but what year was the stellar wide receiver draft that was one of the best in decades?

I do think that looking back we will find that last year was one of the best RB drafts in a while. (overall, not for us. I haven't seen enough of Carson to know if he is average, above-average or just better at dealing with terrible blocking than most. Not sure I understand the optimism that seems to imply he will be a top-tier back but we have another year to find out)

But which one was the rich crop of receivers that are lighting it up in the NFL now?

Tical21

Reaction score
I see a 0% chance we don't draft one by the end of round 4. Commitent to the running game includes the RB position. Our leading rusher had like 250 yards, and some of you want to stand pat? A rookie lineman is almost no help. We have enough young linemen. I'd love to sign an upgrade FA.

I'm out on Ronald Jones. Just too small and not fast enough. I think we end up someone in the 3rd. Johnson, Penny or Bellage, even though I don't love Penny.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":rdx9mrfk said:
Derrius Guice is a flat out beast. If he falls down to the spot we trade down to, he'd be worth it.
Yep ^ Like I said, since Lynch's departure, we've been shooting blanks.
I doubt like hell the Seahawks are going to go Free Agent shopping for a RB again this year (can't afford to), and besides, IF there are any Free Agent RB's out there, and they're any good, I doubt their teams are going to let them get away, UNLESS, they'd be too expensive to hang onto, in which case, they'd be out of our price range too.
Drafting a RB is our only viable option, and IF Derrius Guice is within our reach, you'd have to take him.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Ballage is fantastic.

I think he was underrated because of where he played, but he has size and power with enough speed to keep him dangerous. Size and power guys are difficult because guys that overpower undersized college guys get a wakeup call in the NFL (looking at you Ron Dayne) but I think he could be a good one.

That said, without a FB this is almost a pointless exercise. Even the Great Barry Sanders got better with a fullback. Emmitt Smith had Moose Johnston. I get that offenses are moving away from FBs but if you want to run the freaking ball then you need someone to keep the LBs off your RB.

Moving forward without a FB is just pointless. You could have a stellar back and they would still struggle without any holes being opened for them. We got really lazy because Marshawn shook guys off, but that is not normal.

We need a FB more than we need a RB.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
iigakusei":26vvx43d said:
If Procise could just stay healthy - Carson and him would be a sweet 1-2.

I’m absolutely DONE with Proacise but I’m cool with Carson I would love to pick up a RB in the later rounds

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Later round sleeper here that I've heard nothing about. You just have to get a back in this draft whether it's somebody like this kid in the 5th-7th or even a bigger investment. Some kid like this nets you almost 3 million in cap room if you jist part ways with Davis and Rawls. I know Davis may not sign and come back cheap, but you can't account for those dependencies.

[youtube]OCaqOvCGg5o[/youtube]

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":35nztcah said:
Hasselbeck":35nztcah said:

I'd hardly call guys like Sherman, Lane, Griffin, Thurmond, Maxwell, etc "whiffed." That's a better hit rate than most teams, especially for where these guys were drafted.

Agreed on the WR's, hit rate has been terrible for Pete and John. Other than O-line, their worst drafted position group.

I was referring to the 2014 draft where we wound up with Paul Richardson and Kevin Norwood in a ridiculously stacked draft and last years draft that was loaded at corner. That said, I will say Griffin was a very pleasant surprise.. just wish we were able to grab another good corner to bridge the post-Sherm days.

chris98251

Reaction score
They keep swinging and missing on Big Receivers that they take late as projects.

original poster

Reaction score
BeanieHawk":3oukgv9k said:
As a former Georgia Bulldog myself...I'd love to see our Hawks pick up Sony Michel or Nick Chubb; that said we have too many other holes on our team i.e. O line, defensive line, defensive secondary in the draft and not many picks ( one 1st rounder, and none right now in the 2nd or 3rd round)...each pick will be important...so I hope we get a good one in free agency!

I really can't see Nick Chubb or Sony Michel as Seahawks.

We all know how PC feels about turnovers and both have a carry to fumble ratio of 54:1.

For comparisons sake, Ronald Jones ratio is 207:1 (the highest of all the RB's).

getnasty

Reaction score
Tical21":1zga3egw said:
I see a 0% chance we don't draft one by the end of round 4. Commitent to the running game includes the RB position. Our leading rusher had like 250 yards, and some of you want to stand pat? A rookie lineman is almost no help. We have enough young linemen. I'd love to sign an upgrade FA.

I'm out on Ronald Jones. Just too small and not fast enough. I think we end up someone in the 3rd. Johnson, Penny or Bellage, even though I don't love Penny.

Wasn't Ronald Jones a sprinter at USC?

original poster

Reaction score
getnasty":36w3sck4 said:
Tical21":36w3sck4 said:

Wasn't Ronald Jones a sprinter at USC?

Yep, 100m and 200m.

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":ko590vkn said:
Yes, I read through all of that already but was looking for the amount of the original 4th round tender and have yet to find it. Again, this is all off topic of "how would you react if we don't draft a RB" and keep 2 backs (or we could also pickup another UFA) though IMO.

"Pissed because Davis would cost too much" could be an answer also. :2thumbs:

Original round tenders don't work that way.

It's a designated number that means if a team wants to sign said player, they have to give up a draft pick in the same round as they were drafted. It'll be really handy for the likes of Dion Jordan. Rather than putting a 1st round tender at $4m+, you can put the original round tender on him with exactly the same outcome, if another team wants to sign him, Seattle gets their 1st round pick.

Exactly the same but saying well over $2m.

Obviously if a player went undrafted, and you didn't want to risk loosing him, you'd have to put a first or second round tender on him (see Justin Coleman) as putting the original round tender would be useless as you can't get back a draft pick that never took place in the first place.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Prosise is under contract for just $800k and $900k the next two years and doesn't take a roster spot on PUP/IR. You might be done with him but the Seahawks are probably not. The only way he doesn't make the 53 man roster this year is if we bring in some additional competition that looks really good in the preseason.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Like I did in 2008 when we passed on Matt Forte because we signed the great Julius Jones and proceeded to draft Lawrence Jackson and John Carlson. Not the worst picks ever, but that was such a talented RB group.

12forlife

Reaction score
I see no way we draft at #18. They are going to have to recoup some draft picks with all the potential glaring holes we could have on both sides of the ball. With all the unknowns between Avril, Sherman, McDowell, Graham, PRICH just to get started. With a deep RB class, and a obvious need there I would say there is no chance we don't draft a back, unless we grab Blount or Martin to skate by, and go Def / Oline heavy early in the draft. Depending on what type of back they want for the new scheme, I like Ballage for a big back that can still catch, or Penny seems to be that shorter quick/thick back, that could also take care of return duties.