Art Thiel ask if its Time to trade Russell

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1wncxhvf said:
Maybe $30M is selling him "short".

Jets are considering giving Cousins $60M for 1st year of contract LMAO!!

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ousins-60m-in-the-first-year-of-his-contract/

According to Brian Costello of the New York Post, the Jets are toying around with ways of getting creative with a contract offer to Cousins, including offering the free agent quarterback an absurd $60 million guaranteed in the first year.

Well they have a ridiculous amount of cap space (73M for 2018), so it's kinda genius to give Cousins almost all his salary in the first year, then they'd be in a great cap situation for the next 3-4 years of the contract.

Wonder how the league would feel about this though, if that violates any part of the labor agreement.

Seymour

Reaction score
Ya, and it could get real interesting if Mr Ed gets involved.

27575479_1747064168666436_5319558055430455296_n.jpg

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Kirk Cousins is the luckiest player that ever lived..
All that money prior to what he is going to get and for what?
Would I take KC over RW?
Absolutely not..That is what I think of KC.
His own coach didn't like him lol.
That money he is getting does the Hawks zero favors and it's going to hurt.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2lgd50qf said:
Would I take KC over RW?

Blame Foles and Keenum

Those guys showed every GM that you can go to conference championships, and even win the SB with an average but experienced game managing QB that knows how to read defenses, go through progressions and make a couple plays a game......................so if you're a team like the Jets that doesn't have one of those guys?

You go get one, cause the alternative is getting embarrassed by the Pats for the 18th straight year.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bnrebrr said:
He's an above average QB imo. I'm not sure he's even in the top 10. Oh well, do your thing Kirk.

If Elway is smart, he'll throw in a green woman. Kirk always had a weakness for the green woman. :twisted:

Green

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34nxfoji said:
IndyHawk":34nxfoji said:
Would I take KC over RW?

Blame Foles and Keenum

Those guys showed every GM that you can go to conference championships, and even win the SB with an average but experienced game managing QB that knows how to read defenses, go through progressions and make a couple plays a game......................so if you're a team like the Jets that doesn't have one of those guys?

You go get one, cause the alternative is getting embarrassed by the Pats for the 18th straight year.

Woe be unto those GMs who don't get their ducks in a row with the majority of their other position groups and players though.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":331yi8ry said:
Sgt. Largent":331yi8ry said:
IndyHawk":331yi8ry said:
Would I take KC over RW?

Blame Foles and Keenum

Woe be unto those GMs who don't get their ducks in a row with the majority of their other position groups and players though.

For sure, obviously you also need a very good defense and run game..................kinda what we're trying to build here again.

But you also need an experienced QB, and like Smith just got paid, so will Cousins.

Also why I keep saying we're not going to trade Russell, because there's only 10-15 of these guys in the league. So when you have one, especially one as good as Russell, you pay him.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Won't happen, so why even talk about it. Maybe they should, but we all know you don't trade a young franchise QB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
RussB":1dtw8mx1 said:
Trade him for Kirk and a draft pick if it was an option.
BWAHAHAHAHA....Wait!!!....There's no way that you are serious?!? :roll:

hawkman

Reaction score
Wilson is the little one trick pony. Slowed down last year. Going to get worse next.

Great athlete. Just doesn’t have the goods upstairs to do well at the position.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawkman":39cmxuns said:
Wilson is the little one trick pony. Slowed down last year. Going to get worse next.

Well since the trolling has begun, Gruden thought he was one of the most intelligent and football savvy QB's he had ever interviewed. We seen and heard that he was not allowed to audible and had designated targets he was suppose to use most the time, Bevells route trees were the easiest to cover in the league which led to Sandlot football.

Add no running game and a porous line and you have the makings of a disaster.

Foles had a good Line, a Good defense, Good receivers and a very good Head Coach and OC that adjusted to his strengths, something Wilson did not have in his favor. Foles also had a Head Coach that trusted him.

Brady had a shit load of yards, but the hit him and the receivers over and over and tightened up when they had too, they never let up and by the end of the game it made the difference.

Dilfer had a great arm also, won a Super Bowl does he come off as a superior intellect, oh how about Eli Manning, your argument has too many holes and unsupported innuendos to take seriously.

If your going to comment on his ability tell the full story.

hawkman

Reaction score
chris98251":2yaeqhcy said:
hawkman":2yaeqhcy said:

Well since the trolling has begun, Gruden thought he was one of the most intelligent and football savvy QB's he had ever interviewed. We seen and heard that he was not allowed to audible and had designated targets he was suppose to use most the time, Bevells route trees were the easiest to cover in the league which led to Sandlot football.

Foles had a good Line, a Good defense, Good receivers and a very good Head Coach and OC that adjusted to his strengths, something Wilson did not have in his favor. Foles also had a Head Coach that trusted him.

Brady had a shit load of yards, but the hit him and the receivers over and over and tightened up when they had too, they never let up and by the end of the game it made the difference.

Dilfer had a great arm also, won a Super Bowl does he come off as a superior intellect, oh how about Eli Manning, your argument has too many holes and unsupported innuendos to take seriously.

Gruden also drafted Marcus Tui (still can’t spell the whole name) and called him a warrior. As a Husky fan I loved Tui, but he didn’t do much in the NFL, and neither did any QB Gruden drafted.

Yes Foles had a decent line. Line looks much better when the QB stays in the pocket and can throw the ball to the middle of the field. Our line didn’t look that horrible just due to bad luck. The 05 line would have looked bad with Wilson at QB. Can’t block for a guy when you don’t know where he will be.

Call me a troll that’s fine. I look at reality. Wilson is a great athlete, but not a high IQ QB. I’m pretty much saying what every football fan outside of Seattle has been saying all along.

mistaowen

Reaction score
hawkman":1l3cz5as said:
chris98251":1l3cz5as said:
hawkman":1l3cz5as said:

Gruden also drafted Marcus Tui (still can’t spell the whole name) and called him a warrior. As a Husky fan I loved Tui, but he didn’t do much in the NFL, and neither did any QB Gruden drafted.

Yes Foles had a decent line. Line looks much better when the QB stays in the pocket and can throw the ball to the middle of the field. Our line didn’t look that horrible just due to bad luck. The 05 line would have looked bad with Wilson at QB. Can’t block for a guy when you don’t know where he will be.

Call me a troll that’s fine. I look at reality. Wilson is a great athlete, but not a high IQ QB. I’m pretty much saying what every football fan outside of Seattle has been saying all along.

Why aren't you on major sports networks talking about your brilliance?

hawkman

Reaction score
mistaowen":3uepq63j said:
hawkman":3uepq63j said:
chris98251":3uepq63j said:
hawkman":3uepq63j said:

Why aren't you on major sports networks talking about your brilliance?

Nothing I said was brilliant. Easy observations really.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
getnasty":20h97att said:
One other thing that I think is a big deal that nobody talks about is Russells relationship with his teammates. 2012/2013 Russell was absolutely loved by his teammates. I don't know if it was success, money, Ciara, the Golden Gate drama but something change there. I certainly dont blame Russ but i defintly think there a problem there that doesn't get talked about enough.

I mean, last year it was the subject of a national investigative reporting piece by literally the guy who has made his name doing excellent investigative pieces on the internal dynamics of NFL teams.

I think it gets talked about a lot, and maybe even too much (the Golden Tate nonsense in particular).