Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2ejkhfmu said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/ChrisWesseling/status/966936534225047552[/tweet]
Great news if it’s true! :2thumbs:
It’s the smart thing to do.

getnasty

Reaction score
Good to hear, now find a way to trade for Martavis Bryant and let's go.

hawkman

Reaction score
Terms of the contract will determine if it’s a good or bad thing. Sure don’t need another Kam situation.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Hope he is wrong. Will just continue the trend of holding onto the past and players past their prime.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
He’s not past his prime. However he will not get much love from fans after his recent antics.

I would like to point out he has been relatively healthy throughout his career. We also lack the draft capital to replace him.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":f44glxya said:
Hope he is wrong. Will just continue the trend of holding onto the past and players past their prime.

Neither Earl nor Sherm are past their prime.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would love for both to be extended and to watch the rosterbating faux GM’s here lose their crap. 8)

getnasty

Reaction score
How could anyone be upset about keeping 2 future hall of famers? Come on people

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I would only trade Earl if the Cowboys were willing to send us a 1 and a 2. Otherwise forget it. He still has potentially 2-3 Pro Bowls and possibly even All Pro years left in him if he can stay healthy.

Sherman I feel the same. Coming off his injury of course gives me pause but he's the most intelligent CB in the NFL and if anyone can compensate his game in his final years it's him. His presence alone will still be worth it, IMO.

I feel Avril and Chancellor are both likely done. Not because of declining ability so much as neck injuries to both type of players is almost always catastrophic, especially late in their careers.

I've had to come to the realization on my own terms that the LOB is done. What I mean by that specifically is seeing Chancellor, Thomas and Sherman in their prime, together on the field at the same time, is done. Even if somehow Chancellor were to come back, the LOB that we all knew and worshiped on gameday is a thing of the past.

But with the right moves, LOB V2 could be a thing. Plug in some young talent (Shaq/McDougald already are showing themselves to be up to the challenge) and the Elder LOB can still have one final go around to possibly get back one more time. Yeah, make no mistake about it we are rebuilding, but don't mistake OUR rebuilding with some random NFL bottom-feeder's rebuilding.

A few smart, calculated tweaks and a little luck in the draft and we are right back in the NFC mix.

SeahawksEast

Reaction score
The commentary on Sherm and Earl could have been strategically floated by the front office to bolster potential trade value, particularly Earl since he is healthy. No disrespect to Sherm, simply that he is coming off a significant injury.

massari

Reaction score
GeekHawk":35zc6hs2 said:
I blame fantasy football, and that Madden game. Everybody has a short attention span.
I blame the salary cap, age, injuries and guys publicly stating they'd rather be elsewhere.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
I think this confirms what we already knew: JS and PC aren't crazy people.