OL movements and adjustments under Solari??

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
massari":1bmckf0x said:
It's pretty clear the OL needs to be improved everywhere, but the interior really stands out here in the run game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/961262614671175681[/tweet]

Cable need realize the interior Guards' play was lacking in last off season, just that they couldn't at Lang and they overpaid Joeckel, compounded with Brit had an off year. Cable paid with his job, mostly because Joeckel was a joke.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":lauphr96 said:
Roos was bad.

Roos looked good in his small amount of playing time. He would have been our 3rd highest rated lineman, behind Duane Brown and Justin Britt, if you extrapolated that small sample size over the course of a full season.

He is one of the better athletes on the roster in terms of strength/agility. He did not allow a single pressure on 48 snaps. He seemed to mirror much better in pass pro than Joeckel or Pocic. During his end-of-season presser, Carroll specifically mentioned Roos as someone he was "pumped" to see get an opportunity to play.

But it's a very small sample, so we'll have to wait and see.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawknation2018":3lkq0c4w said:
MontanaHawk05":3lkq0c4w said:
Roos was bad.

Roos looked good in his small amount of playing time. He would have been our 3rd highest rated lineman, behind Duane Brown and Justin Britt, if you extrapolated that small sample size over the course of a full season.

He is one of the better athletes on the roster in terms of strength/agility. He did not allow a single pressure on 48 snaps. He seemed to mirror much better in pass pro than Joeckel or Pocic. During his end-of-season presser, Carroll specifically mentioned Roos as someone he was "pumped" to see get an opportunity to play.

Every time I see a Carrol reference like this it means two things to me, either he is blowing wind or knew he was a better player but did not use his position to influence him being on the field more.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":3k09z61e said:
hawknation2018":3k09z61e said:
MontanaHawk05":3k09z61e said:
Roos was bad.

Every time I see a Carrol reference like this it means two things to me, either he is blowing wind or knew he was a better player but did not use his position to influence him being on the field more.

It's tough to know how well a backup undrafted rookie lineman will play until he actually gets that opportunity. Point is Roos looked good in short action. He was a priority UDFA signing. Not sure why someone would say he is "bad," other the fact that he didn't get that opportunity until the end of the season because Cable was concerned about being "too young."

chris98251

Reaction score
It's tough to know how well a backup undrafted rookie lineman will play until he actually gets that opportunity. Point is Roos looked good in short action. He was a priority UDFA signing. Not sure why someone would say he is "bad," other the fact that he didn't get that opportunity until the end of the season because Cable was concerned about being "too young."

Considering what we put on the field last year anything less then a living body was going to be an improvement over what was out there, hell maybe a dead body, at least we have the possibly trip hazard instead of the revolving door that was playing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
chris98251":b6d2shl0 said:

Considering what we put on the field last year anything less then a living body was going to be an improvement over what was out there, hell maybe a dead body, at least we have the possibly trip hazard instead of the revolving door that was playing.

The "Sunk Cost Fallacy" may have played some role in Cable and the team's decision making. Joeckel and Pocic were huge investments, while Roos was an undrafted rookie on a minimum deal. They planned to redshirt Roos and failed to deviate from that course.

I'm concerned that Pocic will never look adequate, unless he gets time at the center position. Unfortunately, he does not appear strong enough to play guard or quick enough to play tackle. I would rather use him as a utility guy, in the event of an injury, than plug him in as a starter again.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":1o00z2ls said:

Fable already tried the 5 dead body trick....here is how that worked out.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":n4u46exq said:
chris98251":n4u46exq said:

Fable already tried the 5 dead body trick....here is how that worked out.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504[/tweet]
Only because Cable failed to teach not to tell the opposition they were falling on their face before the snap.

Crizilla

Reaction score
we need more intelligent guys who can read defenses better.....current o-line is terrible and picking up the blitz

sdog1981

Reaction score
Crizilla":3t5mxoiz said:
we need more intelligent guys who can read defenses better.....current o-line is terrible and picking up the blitz

Well yeah, they are terrible at all aspects of blocking so that makes sense.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm curious to see if Solari keeps Britt at center. I'm not sold on Britt at center and believe that Pocic is the better option. Yes, Britt was good in 2016 but the interior blocking has suffered since Britt took over at center. The running game has become a weak spot since Britt was moved to center. He's a factor in a weaker interior of the line. Should be interesting how things change under Solari. I won't be surprised if Pocic takes over at center this season. The Seahawks have had trouble running up the middle under Cable's watch. That's why they struggle in short yardage and goal line situations. Hopefully Solari fixes that - either with an improved Britt at center or without him there.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
gmor":14yxia45 said:
CHawkTailGator":14yxia45 said:
Pocic was a center at LSU. You really think he has the footwork and quicks to be a RT?
Yes.

I am not as sold on Pocic as some of you guys. Lucky for Pocic that we have Ifedi the problemed child, Ifedi took all the bad press and fan frustration. Pocic committed as much erros at guard, don't see how he could perform better as tackle. As bad as Ifedi has been, I would like to see him at RT for the training camp. Some players flip a switch at some point in their career, hopefully Ifedi is one of them. As for Pocic, can try him out at center, not sure how his lack of raw strength will help our interior running game though.

I basically give Pocic's RT experiment a C-, which could be considered as generous. I am quite pump for Roos, if dude can have a whole season of performance at the same level as his limited downs in last season. We have found a LG.

If we can get Fluker from the Giants, then a OL of Ifedi, Flucker, Britt, Roos, and Brown could be very serviceable. Pocic can fill in at multiple positions.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
gmor":m24s0k7t said:
CHawkTailGator":m24s0k7t said:
Pocic was a center at LSU. You really think he has the footwork and quicks to be a RT?
Yes.

I was pushing for that early on last season. But after watching Pocic actually play, paying more attention to his movement, and seeing his slow combine times, I'm not so sure.

gmor

Reaction score
hawkfan68":165ly1l3 said:
I'm curious to see if Solari keeps Britt at center. I'm not sold on Britt at center and believe that Pocic is the better option. Yes, Britt was good in 2016 but the interior blocking has suffered since Britt took over at center. The running game has become a weak spot since Britt was moved to center. He's a factor in a weaker interior of the line. Should be interesting how things change under Solari. I won't be surprised if Pocic takes over at center this season. The Seahawks have had trouble running up the middle under Cable's watch. That's why they struggle in short yardage and goal line situations. Hopefully Solari fixes that - either with an improved Britt at center or without him there.
I'm still trying to figure out why they gave Britt such a big contract. Looks like a big reach to me.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
gmor":19bnmmqp said:
hawkfan68":19bnmmqp said:
I'm still trying to figure out why they gave Britt such a big contract. Looks like a big reach to me.

Because he was one of only two guys (if you include the later mid-season acquisition of Duane Brown) who played competently on the offensive line over the last two seasons.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1g6qmgei said:
gmor":1g6qmgei said:
hawkfan68":1g6qmgei said:

Because he was one of only two guys (if you include the later mid-season acquisition of Duane Brown) who played competently on the offensive line over the last two seasons.

If Ifeldi cleans up 30% of his errors under new coaching with improved technics and experience. He could be in the serviceable category.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk