Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins
Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 am
  • Looks like Paul Richardson will sign with the Washington Redskins.

$40M, 5 years, $20M guaranteed. $8M APY.

www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Yeah, Clayton said 5 years, 40 mil, with 20 guaranteed. Even that is way too much imo.
    Wow, so glad we didn't do that contract. Between Sheldon R, P-Rich and Graham. If they all get big $ contracts, that's THREE comp picks in the 3rd round right there. 2019 could end up being a very good draft.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Free agency is warped. It’s never about talent- it’s who signs last gets the most
    Hass2Carlson
    NET Rookie

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, Clayton said 5 years, 40 mil, with 20 guaranteed. Even that is way too much imo.
    Wow, so glad we didn't do that contract. Between Sheldon R, P-Rich and Graham. If they all get big $ contracts, that's THREE comp picks in the 3rd round right there. 2019 could end up being a very good draft.

$8m a year in this market won't get them a 3rd, but a 4th isn't out of the question.
    drrew
    NET Veteran

• 5 yr deal 20 mil guaranteed lol good for him id want more going to redskins lol
    Last edited by Str8OuttaSkittles on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

• These enormous contracts to FA wide receivers with a ton of guaranteed money are absurd.

Good for Paul I guess? Doesn't really have a QB who can utilize his deep speed. Redskins looking at a 4 win season.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• I'm just going by what Clayton said. Plus, when I posted, someone had said it was 4 years, 40 mil :)
    At least we'll get a good comp pick. For sure they will get a 3rd for Sheldon. And hopefully someone overpays Graham.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• This sounds right on the cusp between a 4th and 5th comp pick.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Damn! Well good for Paul. No way we come close to that.

Wish him all the best personally.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Yeah absolutely wish him the best.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Sixteen touchdowns out the door. Hope you can come through, David Moore.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

• Good luck to him. Hope he stays healthy.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• MontanaHawk05 wrote:Sixteen touchdowns out the door. Hope you can come through, David Moore.

Ya, everyone knows your roster always looks the same as it does before day 1 of FA even starts. And how could we ever replace production? Because someone replacing a player will equate to zero production right? You would have paid Richardson $8mil a year? No way. He’s a decent receiver, but completely replaceable. Especially if we are just talking statistical production. Which is what you always bring up.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

• Good for Paul.

Glad we didn’t do that deal, though.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

• pcbball12 wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Sixteen touchdowns out the door. Hope you can come through, David Moore.

Ya, everyone knows your roster always looks the same as it does before day 1 of FA even starts. And how could we ever replace production? Because someone replacing a player will equate to zero production right? You would have paid Richardson $8mil a year? No way. He’s a decent receiver, but completely replaceable. Especially if we are just talking statistical production. Which is what you always bring up.

Someone gets it. It is only 16TD's out the door if zero come back in to replace them.

I'm not worried...and same goes for Graham!

2005 Seahawks...Shawn Alexander 28 TD's.
    2017 Seahawks....all RB's combined 2 TD's.

Any idea where we can make these up people???? :roll:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Thanks for your time here Paul.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Rat wrote:I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

Its to early to be smokin'.....

"Practice without improvement is meaningless" - Chuck Knox
    2_0_6
    NET Veteran

• Rat wrote:I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

Not me. Tyler is way more versatile than Paul is.
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

Well start working the OT then because it's coming out of your account. ;)

I like PRich but this is less of an impact then losing Tate was (who signed for far less $$$)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Re: Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:02 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.

Missed one game in two years.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:
    Rat wrote:I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

Not me. Tyler was way more versatile than Paul is.

FTFY.

I know I'm back to being grouchy again, but seriously...are Amara Darboh, Marcus Johnson, and David Moore really expected to step up and replicate Richardson's results? And let's not forget those results actually need to be doubled to improve on 2017.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am
  • We aren't signing a big name WR. Darboh is most likely your starter next year with Lockett in the slot, likely Moore as the 4th with giraffe, new Marcus Johnson, Lawler, Grayson, and proba ly some udfa dudes fighting for the final or final two spots.

Also don't rule out Prosise and Mckissic taking WR reps and only keeping 5 WRs. It COULD happen.

Either way WR is just not a priority. We're perfectly fine there. Darboh was already getting on the field more and more towards the end of the season even with PRich there and we cut Freeney to keep Moore, who also got on tje field, particularly after giraffe fumbled when he got hit by Joyner in the Rams game.

We're good. These aren't the droids you're looking for. We have bigger fish to fry. Tasty, tasty fishes...
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:05 am
  • I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

However, right now, it feels like they are burning the whole damn thing to the ground. Let ‘em all go.

What’s next, wandering hip deep into the pit of several crap years? Awesome.

No running backs. Horrible OL. Gutted defense. No kicker. That’s where we are today.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:07 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.

I like how you just skipped all of 2015, where he missed the first 8 games of the year with a torn ACL from the prior year, of which he missed two playoff games..................AND has a history of constantly battling nagging injuries due to his build.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player ... rdson/6967

Bottom line for me on Richardson, love they guy, glad he got paid. But no way in hell I'd match that contract.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am
  • By the way, can they please let Ifedi go too? I really can’t bear another year of watching him look at Wilson, crumpled up on the turf, after another missed block. Also tired of all his penalties. Boot him.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:11 am
  • Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

However, right now, it feels like they are burning the whole damn thing to the ground. Let ‘em all go.

No running backs. Horrible OL. Gutted defense. No kicker. That’s where we are today.

Damn. That belongs in this thread? OK....but as we sit....we are about an 8-8 to 7-9 team and about 4-6 good moves away from contending again also.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:12 am
  • We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:13 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Paul's gonna get one million for every time he's on the personal injury report as doubtful.

I like how you just skipped all of 2015, where he missed the first 8 games of the year with a torn ACL from the prior year, of which he missed two playoff games..................AND has a history of constantly battling nagging injuries due to his build.

Bottom line for me on Richardson, love they guy, glad he got paid. But no way in hell I'd match that contract.

Two consecutive years injury-free bodes well. So does clutch gene and chemistry with Russell. It's a tough contract, but like the other endless tweener players on this roster, you have to ask, who ARE we going with in a down year for the draft?
    Last edited by MontanaHawk05 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:13 am
  • Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

It’s March 13th for crying out loud.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am
  • March 13th, and we are now the Browns? Come on, let's see how things go........
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:14 am
  • original poster wrote:
    Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

Bad draft for WR's and for the Seahawks in general.
    GO HAWKS!!!

MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am
  • Seymour wrote:
    Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

Damn. That belongs in this thread? OK....but as we sit....we are about an 8-8 to 7-9 team and about 4-6 good moves away from contending again also.

Yes. It’s my reaction to watching another player hit the road. I suppose it could be posted elsewhere but I thought this was OK.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:15 am
  • original poster wrote:

Hence, my first sentence.
    Silver Hawk
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
  • original poster wrote:

Clearly you heavily discount losing an hour for daylight savings time. :twisted: :snack:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:16 am
  • 12's these days "They didn't trade Lane for JJ Watt, these guys are clueless!"
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:18 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    onanygivensunday wrote:
    Rat wrote:I would have matched that easily. This is a big loss. I'd much, much rather have Prich than Lockett.

Not me. Tyler was way more versatile than Paul is.

FTFY.

I know I'm back to being grouchy again, but seriously...are Amara Darboh, Marcus Johnson, and David Moore really expected to step up and replicate Richardson's results? And let's not forget those results actually need to be doubled to improve on 2017.

Doubled? Just one more TD would be an improvement since prich had six
    TransGenderHawkFan
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 am
  • Underutilized, under appreciated.

Good value for someone with his skills. Just watch

2016 proved that he was not given a chance to COMPETE
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.

Vin, you gotta account for Bevell's stink somewhat here. Sure, ding PR for being unidemensional but at least identify some causes for it before you write it off as his singular ability.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Two consecutive years injury-free bodes well. So does clutch gene and chemistry with Russell. It's a tough contract, but like the other endless tweener players on this roster, you have to ask, who ARE we going with in a down year for the draft?

Richardson may not have missed games, but he had some nagging issues that slowed him down and caused him to be ineffective for long stretches of games. One TD and far less catches over the last half of last year.

I agree btw, it's hard to see good receivers go when we already have a below average receiving corp. But that doesn't mean you match overpriced offers just to keep a player.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:28 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm just going by what Clayton said. Plus, when I posted, someone had said it was 4 years, 40 mil :)
    At least we'll get a good comp pick. For sure they will get a 3rd for Sheldon. And hopefully someone overpays Graham.

Comp picks are not guaranteed. Totally depends on the rest of the league and what guys sign for. It looks like there should be some good picks coming our way in 2019 but we won't know until next year.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:29 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.

Vin, you gotta account for Bevell's stink somewhat here. Sure, ding PR for being unidemensional but at least identify some causes for it before you write it off as his singular ability.

Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:

Richardson may not have missed games, but he had some nagging issues that slowed him down and caused him to be ineffective for long stretches of games. One TD and far less catches over the last half of last year.

I agree btw, it's hard to see good receivers go when we already have a below average receiving corp. But that doesn't mean you match overpriced offers just to keep a player.

The bathtub is draining faster than it is filling though. As a principle, yes, don't match offers to players that have above average salaries for average or below average performance, past or forward looking. But that principle also binds you to not whiffing in the draft. I have made this point multiple times with regards to the OL and it applies anywhere really - if you are picky about your FAs and extensions and conditionally bound by salary to ignore the top 30-40% of FA talent, then you are putting it all on the draft.

With hindsight we can observe that even the FA dalliances and trades were not supportive of this principle.

And that's why we have an ailing min/max team at current.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:We flat out didn't need to match it. Even if it were 4 million I wouldn't have matched, personally. There are plenty of WRs who only run go routes.

Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:36 am
  • Wow. I liked Paul but not $20 million guaranteed liked.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:41 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    The bathtub is draining faster than it is filling though. As a principle, yes, don't match offers to players that have above average salaries for average or below average performance, past or forward looking. But that principle also binds you to not whiffing in the draft. I have made this point multiple times with regards to the OL and it applies anywhere really - if you are picky about your FAs and extensions and conditionally bound by salary to ignore the top 30-40% of FA talent, then you are putting it all on the draft.

With hindsight we can observe that even the FA dalliances and trades were not supportive of this principle.

And that's why we have an ailing min/max team at current.

For sure, and our WR drafts are a pretty damn close 2nd for worst drafted position group after the O-line.

But Pete and John made their bed last year with extremely hamstringing our cap space, and now we have to get that back in order, so Richardson is just one of the players we can't match an offer to in order to keep.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:43 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.

Understood. I was never that high on PRich as a prospect coming out of college. It was apparent what he was going to be. I said he was going to have health issues and that his lack of strength would affect his route tree. Catch radius was always great, but he would have to cleany beat press even for go riutes because even now he still has a hard time holding the line on tje sideline.

Basically all that turned out to be true. I think that a lot of people just looked at tje speed and length and disregarded the rest in Madden hopes.

I realize that isn't popular and I'm ok with that. I don't blame you or anyone else trusting the ledge I'm on.

Plus free agent and draft priorities on the roster right now. I just wouldn't entertain signing him back, but again, I know I'm viewed as the crazy one here.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:44 am
  • I've been a lot higher on PRich than most here and would consider matching the deal if not for the comp pick we get from letting him walk. Rookie contracts and QB contracts are the two main avenues to increase talent per dollar.

I won't be surprised if he earns this contract with the Redskins. Him and Wilson never quite had a perfect rapport and he didn't get many chances to catch a ball in stride. He still came down with more than his share of contested passes and defended them well. His 8.1 yards per target with us was much better than average and should only go up if he can stay healthy.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:48 am
  • onanygivensunday wrote:

Not me. Tyler is way more versatile than Paul is.

I wouldn't have matched this deal either, but Lockett is way overvalued as a returner. He's been an average punt returner, and with touchbacks now being brought out to the 25, every team would be better off never returning a kickoff out of the end zone except in a few circumstances.
    Jeremy517
    NET Rookie

Next

It is currently Mon May 21, 2018 6:43 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information