Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Paul Richardson Deal with the Redskins
Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    Vin, you gotta account for Bevell's stink somewhat here. Sure, ding PR for being unidemensional but at least identify some causes for it before you write it off as his singular ability.

Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.

Understood. I was never that high on PRich as a prospect coming out of college. It was apparent what he was going to be. I said he was going to have health issues and that his lack of strength would affect his route tree. Catch radius was always great, but he would have to cleany beat press even for go riutes because even now he still has a hard time holding the line on tje sideline.

Basically all that turned out to be true. I think that a lot of people just looked at tje speed and length and disregarded the rest in Madden hopes.

I realize that isn't popular and I'm ok with that. I don't blame you or anyone else trusting the ledge I'm on.

Plus free agent and draft priorities on the roster right now. I just wouldn't entertain signing him back, but again, I know I'm viewed as the crazy one here.

It's not even crazy, I totally get where you're coming from on PR. It's the situation around WR that's the most disquieting thing to me and having yet another player fall into Hawk's no man's land of retension feels like another mark against the FO's ability to find talent worth keeping.
    mrt144
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:52 am
  • And.....he's hurt.......
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:58 am
  • mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    mrt144 wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Not really. Darboh has a higher upside overall and Moore is like a less polished, oversized Golden Tate. With all the movement that's going on, we need to address both sides of the LOS, LB depth, DB depth, likely another RB, backup QB unless it's just Boykin, possibly a kicker, etc.

A kicker for 4 million nets us a couple wins. Richardson not so much. It's just priority. Well partially. I think Darboh is the better player in the end too albeit not in this offseason.

Well, you're more hopeful than I am about either rising up. Hope you're right but too speculative because of absent performance for me to be there with you.

Understood. I was never that high on PRich as a prospect coming out of college. It was apparent what he was going to be. I said he was going to have health issues and that his lack of strength would affect his route tree. Catch radius was always great, but he would have to cleany beat press even for go riutes because even now he still has a hard time holding the line on tje sideline.

Basically all that turned out to be true. I think that a lot of people just looked at tje speed and length and disregarded the rest in Madden hopes.

I realize that isn't popular and I'm ok with that. I don't blame you or anyone else trusting the ledge I'm on.

Plus free agent and draft priorities on the roster right now. I just wouldn't entertain signing him back, but again, I know I'm viewed as the crazy one here.

It's not even crazy, I totally get where you're coming from on PR. It's the situation around WR that's the most disquieting thing to me and having yet another player fall into Hawk's no man's land of retension feels like another mark against the FO's ability to find talent worth keeping.

In a bigtime spread offense PRich might warrant that, but at that payrate it's also an unsustainable model if you want to have any defense.

In today's NFL, I think you need to have emphasis on your own model in terms of what position types you keep amd the rest sort of need to be a revolving door.

Now, Bennett and Sherm fall into the keep positions to be sure, but Sherm just had a major injury at 30 and Bennett has battled nagging injuries for the last two years and he's 32.

I think what some people view as a jumbled pile of a roster right now is a case of circumstance in some cases and emphasis in others, but this is sort of a natural flow in a capped market. There's no way around it, IMO

With a lot of money invested in Baldwin, Richardson simply cannot be viewed as any sort of priority in the slightest. A go route weapon is a luxury and a replaceable one at that. That door has to revolve.

I personally think the replacement is already here, but, I understand how some would differ in that.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:12's these days "They didn't trade Lane for JJ Watt and a first and second, these guys are clueless!"

FIFY..... :twisted: :stirthepot:
    R.I.P. Queen.
    Seahawkfan80
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:06 am
  • Wow he is getting paid alot.
    RussB
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:24 am
  • I'm conflicted. I'm a big, big fan of his.

But it's just too much.

The disparity between NFC and AFC is insane at this point.
    Beren
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:24 am
  • Too rich for my blood

Weren't there rumors that Jermaine Kearse might be cut by the jets?

If so we could bring him back, maybe for less money than P Rich, AND recoup a comp pick for P Rich.
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am
  • A-Dog wrote:Too rich for my blood

Weren't there rumors that Jermaine Kearse might be cut by the jets?

If so we could bring him back, maybe for less money than P Rich, AND recoup a comp pick for P Rich.

Possible, but not necessary. I was never irrational about Kearse like most here on .net, bit we don't need him here either.

I'd laugh at the .net meltdown if we did resign him though. Kick back with some alcahol and snacks and just watch the pyroclastic and lava flow crash the site.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 am
  • MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

However, right now, it feels like they are burning the whole damn thing to the ground. Let ‘em all go.

What’s next, wandering hip deep into the pit of several crap years? Awesome.

No running backs. Horrible OL. Gutted defense. No kicker. That’s where we are today.

It’s March 13th for crying out loud.

Bad draft for WR's and for the Seahawks in general.

I don’t want to take this off topic but it honesty baffles me that you think this draft is not great for the Seahawks.

Strong points are interior lineman, running back and linebacker.

This draft is tailor made for Seattle!

If you want to have a discussion about it though let’s start another thread.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 am
  • original poster wrote:Strong points are interior lineman, running back and linebacker.

good draft for safeties too
    A-Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:38 am
  • I'm going to miss the skinny dude, but no way would I want the Hawks to match that contract.
    JGfromtheNW
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:43 am
  • Am I the only one who thinks this is a great deal for the 'Skins? Some were saying he might get 10-12M APY and they got him for 8M.
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:45 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is a great deal for the 'Skins? Some were saying he might get 10-12M APY and they got him for 8M.

A few weeks ago I thought $6M would be too high for them!
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 am
  • I love me some P Rich, but 8 mil is WAY too high.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 am
  • Love the kid, but life goes on.

All the wailing and gnashing of teeth is kind of humorous, too. :D

Good luck, Paul, and thanks for the memories!

Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:52 am
  • adeltaY wrote:Am I the only one who thinks this is a great deal for the 'Skins? Some were saying he might get 10-12M APY and they got him for 8M.

Someone else on this board also said a few months ago that Richardson would get 2-3MM per year.

$8MM per year is about what I was expecting. That isn't to say he's worth that much, just what I expected based on recent free agency history.
    Jeremy517
    NET Rookie

Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    Silver Hawk wrote:I can buy into the idea that we need to see what the Seahawks’ roster looks like in a few months.

However, right now, it feels like they are burning the whole damn thing to the ground. Let ‘em all go.

What’s next, wandering hip deep into the pit of several crap years? Awesome.

No running backs. Horrible OL. Gutted defense. No kicker. That’s where we are today.

It’s March 13th for crying out loud.

Bad draft for WR's and for the Seahawks in general.

I don’t want to take this off topic but it honesty baffles me that you think this draft is not great for the Seahawks.

Strong points are interior lineman, running back and linebacker.

If you want to have a discussion about it though let’s start another thread.

Yeah maybe it is, would be nice to have draft picks in the upper rounds for it.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:28 am
  • Not resigning PR is the best move I've seen Seattle make this offseason.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:43 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information