Jaron Brown visiting: Update- signed

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Brown caught a TD against the Seahawks in their Week 17 loss (from Drew Stanton).

giphy.gif

King Dog

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":22twiqhu said:
Kinger95":22twiqhu said:
What u guys think for money? I’m assuming it’s not for too much or else we’re out of the Suh sweepstakes

I believe he is likely going to be at about $2.5-$3 million per year for years. Just like the Dickson and Mingo signings....incentives, low year one base, easily voided after year one.

He is already 28, so maybe just a two year deal

He hasn't done anything in the NFL. No way he is over minimum contract.

Fade

Reaction score
Very good signing.

The Seahawks have gotten bigger & more physical at the receiver spot without having to bring in plodders to do it. Which is the usual trade-off on the cheap. Jaron Brown has deep speed, but also plays bigger than his actual listed size.

He plays like he is 6-3 220. The Seahawks whiff a lot with their offensive pickups, but I think they got this one right.

I like the WR & TE group now, despite the losses of Graham & Richardson.

Baldwin
Brown
Lockett

Vannett
Dickson

That isn't bad at all, Russell can work with that.

Now improve the O-Line, and get a RB in the draft.

toffee

Reaction score
Fade":ua6p8zle said:
Very good signing.
Baldwin
Brown
Lockett

Vannett
Dickson

That isn't bad at all, Russell can work with that.

Now improve the O-Line, and get a RB in the draft.

Very blue collar, I like this group of guys. A little bit worry about Lockett's speed though.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974850437923799040[/tweet]

Note that Brown pulled this off with Drew Stanton throwing to him.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16dbbqgy said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/974850437923799040[/tweet]

Note that Brown pulled this off with Drew Stanton throwing to him.

The big knock on Brown was his low catch rate, but when looking at his numbers more carefully, Brown actually caught 31 of 32 "catchable" passes (97%).

toffee

Reaction score
What's up with our Darboh? If he was good, we wouldn't have to sign Jaron Brown, would we? Any opinions on Darboh?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":ts8evgw6 said:
What's up with our Darboh? If he was good, we wouldn't have to sign Jaron Brown, would we? Any opinions on Darboh?
Always compete still in play?

chris98251

Reaction score
He has speed and decent size, those clips show something else however, he can adjust his body to throws and catches with his hands.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
[youtube]eJPPpArH0vs[/youtube]

Awesome video. Arizona trained him up, and now the Seahawks get to reap the rewards.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Like this signing a lot. He's had the upside for years but buries and not used. Speedy, good adjustment on balls and add a chip on the shoulder. Yes please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RockinHawks

Reaction score
Love this signing. Good hands, can get separation and has nice size and great speed. Should push Darboh.

12forlife

Reaction score
RockinHawks":1c00hko9 said:
Love this signing. Good hands, can get separation and has nice size and great speed. Should push Darboh.

Hopefully Darboh shows signs of making that step with his rookie year under his belt. IMO Lockett has not been the same player since his injury. I like this signing a lot, with this being a average WR draft & Hawks not having much draft capital, should help us from having to reach to fill holes. Imo Brown becomes our #2. If nothing else it brings back the "compete" attitude.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":gjev995e said:
The hell it is....This thread is about -> Jaron Brown <- he ISN'T A KICKER, SO "Heated Pants" & Kickers is/was straying OFF TOPIC.

Stay within the lines. The lines are our friend. STAY WITHIN THE DAMN LINES! :les:

OP
OP
vin.couve12

vin.couve12

Reaction score
12forlife":369mswk5 said:
RockinHawks":369mswk5 said:

Hopefully Darboh shows signs of making that step with his rookie year under his belt. IMO Lockett has not been the same player since his injury. I like this signing a lot, with this being a average WR draft & Hawks not having much draft capital, should help us from having to reach to fill holes. Imo Brown becomes our #2. If nothing else it brings back the "compete" attitude.
Darboh and Brown are going to duke it out for that X receiver position, IMO. And I'd still like to get Moore involved in some Harvin type plays. Lockette still has a place in the slot though. I actually like the top 5 at WR right now. If we keep 6 then it's McEvoy and Johnson fighting it out for the 6th spot with probably some UDFAs.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
toffee":2hjclbwu said:

Is there some new rule that says we only get to have 3 WRs, or what?