Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

Hendo66

Reaction score
Have to trade him for the reload / rebuild. Not enough quality draft picks to address all the holes in this roster.
Just send him to the AFC please...

Seymour

Reaction score
ducks41468":2nu241mo said:
vonstout":2nu241mo said:
I read that they are asking for a first and a third rounder and several teams are interested and we may get more than that.

https://sports.yahoo.com/cowboys-eyeing ... 29345.html

I think you have to pull the trigger if you get a package like that. We've already jettisoned Sherman and Bennett and Kam/Avril are likely done, so may as well go all the way and start over. Only thing that makes me hesitant is with how poorly we draft those picks may lead to nothing.

And there lies the $177M question.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Have to imagine that the bills would give anything to get the browns pick at 4 to leapfrog the broncos at 5 and potentially the dolphins at 11. The browns could get 12, 22 and probably a 2019 2nd from the bills. If you could get 4 from the browns for Earl that could all be OURS!!!

toffee

Reaction score
Kinger95":2a03zte4 said:
Have to imagine that the bills would give anything to get the browns pick at 4 to leapfrog the broncos at 5 and potentially the dolphins at 11. The browns could get 12, 22 and probably a 2019 2nd from the bills. If you could get 4 from the browns for Earl that could all be OURS!!!

Earl and Cleveland are meant for each other, Cleveland is Earl's destiny.

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2k0o2i3j said:
Wow, that doesn't seem like much for such a good player.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/974844297739718656[/tweet]

He said he wanted to go to the best fit and not chase the money.

Seems to be the first person in NFL history to say that and actually follow it through, hats off to him.

That deal is less than Arizona offered him when they were trying to bring down his cap hit.

Kinger95

Reaction score
Seahawks vs Redskins on nfl tv right now. Earl missed this game but still we should’ve won. Kam dropped an interception first drive of the game

vin.couve12

Reaction score
This needs to hurry up and get done now. The longer they wait, the more teams are going to fill and feel better about positions and their defenses overall, driving the price down.

JS really is screwing this one up right now. Get it done already. You can't wait until training camp when he's holding out and teams are already holding competition. If he's banking on injury then he's an idiot. If he's trying to get Earl 13M or more then he's an idiot too. Stop crying and cut it out. Get some whiskey and a stick to bite on or whatever, just get it done.

Edit: No sane GM gives up a 1st and 3rd for Thomas. A 1st should get it done. A 1st and a player is a great deal for the Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1n6s85qf said:
This needs to hurry up and get done now. The longer they wait, the more teams are going to fill and feel better about positions and their defenses overall, driving the price down.

JS really is screwing this one up right now. Get it done already. You can't wait until training camp when he's holding out and teams are already holding competition. If he's banking on injury then he's an idiot. If he's trying to get Earl 13M or more then he's an idiot too. Stop crying and cut it out. Get some whiskey and a stick to bite on or whatever, just get it done.

Edit: No sane GM gives up a 1st and 3rd for Thomas. A 1st should get it done. A 1st and a player is a great deal for the Hawks.
I’d rather they just extend him.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":op4wov7l said:
vin.couve12":op4wov7l said:

I’d rather they just extend him.

Same.

John is either screwing this up, or he's got enough balls to call Earl on his holdout threat. If McDougald is as good as vin.couve12 insists, there's little to worry about.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":102xhgnc said:

Not just this, but the $7M they have tied up in Avril should get decided like real soon also. WTF is the holdup with releasing Cliff I wonder?
Those 2 alone would buy Suh for $15M.

12forlife

Reaction score
I believe the Browns hold picks 2 : 1 & 2 : 3 also. I would be good with that for ET.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Before the FA season started the rumors around Earl and Bennett trades were not that surprising. I would have been happy getting a 2nd and a 3rd from both. We didn't get much from Bennett so I think we need to get somthing decent for Earl.

I would be happy with a 1st but his potential contract lead me to think we don't have as much leverage and we think we do.

I think a 2nd and 4th or a 2nd and 3rd next year would be fair for everyone. Is the failure of the Harvin, Graham, Richardson, Brown trades where we paid to much causing unrealistic expectations for our management?

toffee

Reaction score
Should have traded Earl last off season, we probably could have gotten more?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
original poster":35wfbhy0 said:
Apparently he’s asking for 5 years $55M, lower APY than I thought.
Do it! Much lower than the 15 million per some were throwing around.

seabowl

Reaction score
toffee":1wa1lgwb said:
Should have traded Earl last off season, we probably could have gotten more?

Disagree. He was coming off a broken leg.

lukerguy

Reaction score
He's got 1-2 great season left, 1-2 good seasons left after that.. minimum 2 maximum 4 and at an expensive price.

If you can possibly get what the reports are saying you take it and run with it. 1st and 3rd?! That's one top end starter and another likely starter for minimum 5 years..

Pete's thing is his secondary... Do you think it's just a coincidence that mostly everyone who comes in to play in the secondary plays well? Earl is the exception to this with great instincts and passion, but he's one more injury away from being worthless, and as you know this risk increases with age.

Hawks could have gotten a 1st or 2nd for Sherm last year, and decided to hang on. I don't think they'll make the same decision.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":337ytlr5 said:

Should have got it done before the market realized Seattle was going to dump most of the roster. Now, everyone knows there is no reason for Seattle to keep ET. Just wait it out and the Seahawks will take less and less, as every day goes by. Kind of a horse race between fear and greed for teams who are interested, as well as for Seattle.

kf3339

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":2imxpyn6 said:
vin.couve12":2imxpyn6 said:

Should have got it done before the market realized Seattle was going to dump most of the roster. Now, everyone knows there is no reason for Seattle to keep ET. Just wait it out and the Seahawks will take less and less, as every day goes by. Kind of a horse race between fear and greed for teams who are interested, as well as for Seattle.

There are still several weeks left to get a good deal done. Teams are now looking at either a trade or taking a shot in the draft. There are no Sure Things in the draft. Remember Curry?

ET is a sure thing. Unless of course you're right and we wait too long, but for me that is by the end of the draft. Then he waited too long.