What is our plan?

Jville

Reaction score
Rat":24sye937 said:
jammerhawk":24sye937 said:
[The Rams will be fine until they need to pay their QB, then the wheels will start to wobble some.

That's what, three years from now? In the mean time they still have Donald and Gurley, and added Peters and Talib. They'll be good for an eternity in NFL years. Heck, maybe they'll even learn from our mistakes and be able to keep it going longer, and it's not like paying Russ is the reason we've been trending downwards.

In the NFL, injuries that rain down in bundles have a tendency to shatter windows.

adeltaY

Reaction score
TreeRon":3rg4sal4 said:
All of this, from the firing of coaches to the releasing/trading of players is a direct effect of NOT being able to produce an even mediocre offensive line over the last few years.
Had we had that O line we'd more than likely won at least one more game and we'd been in the play-offs and etc..

This malfeasance from Hawks management has had this huge domino effect impacting every position on the Seahawks, many of which had nothing to do with the offensive line.

Making lemonade however, had we had that mediocre O line and made the play offs, perhaps we'd have continued to over look some of the deficiencies of the other parts of our team.

I, like many of you, am anxiously waiting to see how JS and PC perform on this next draft. Another poor to mediocre draft should point to changes at the very top of the organization.

Preach! Offensive line killed this teams chance at another championship from 2015-2017.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3hmcgc75 said:
Northwest Seahawk":3hmcgc75 said:
ducks41468":3hmcgc75 said:
I'm not sure what we're doing. We're not rebuilding, because you don't rebuild with a franchise QB in his prime. But we're certainly not improving. Seems to me like we're just declining. We're going to turn into a less exciting version of the 2014-2016 Saints or the 2010-current Chargers, a team with a barren roster being carried by its one and only asset, the QB.

We are rebuilding. Just because were not in the market for a QB doesn't change that. We have no reliable running game no reliable skill position players on offense at all other than Doug and Wilson. We have a below average offensive line. We lost our best redzone target in Jimmy and the best CB in the league when healthy, We may be losing one of the best SS in the league and i'm not sure if Cliff will be back or Sheldon Richardson. We have turned over the entire coaching staff with the exception of Pete. They are rebuilding next year is a transition year we will not be a playoff team unless we strike gold in the draft and the other teams in the division regress.

If cap cutting and trading potential liabilities off of the roster was a surefire way to miss the playoffs, nobody would ever get there. The sky is not falling. Business decisions are being made.

They are rebuilding however in today's NFL you can rebuild very quickly if they make good decisions in FA and the draft.
Dickson, Mingo and Brown are all good signings they keep this up and don't hose the draft they might just be ok this season .

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I think they are making smart moves. There is more going on here than many are seeing. There will continue to be roster moves into camp. Just go back to the early stages like in 2010 vets like Chris Clemons, Raheem Brock, Kentwan Balmer, Lawyer Maloy, Mike Williams, were all brought in on lower priced deals.

I think there will be addition by subtraction, there are just some people that detract from the performance of a team Sherman and Bennett and I even think S.Richardson and Jimmy were not positive for this team.

If we can invest in the run game either draft or FA and make moves that will allow us to still have the ability to shore up the DL then we will be fine. I think the DB's will sort itself out shortly.

Silver Hawk

Reaction score
This is obviously a massive roster rebuild.

Part 1 is to purge the roster of nearly every “high priced” and/or old player. Get ‘em out.

Part 2 is sign relatively cheap “nobodies” to fill holes.

Part 3 is trade down in the draft and try to get additional picks.

Part 4 will be to sign more cheap nobodies once they get released from other teams. Retreads.

Part 5 is to get very high draft picks next year. Will trade them to get more draft picks. Will selectively sign mid tier free agents next year. Hoping to strike gold.

Not sure any of this will improve the OL. It hasn’t so far. In my mind, this is the biggest issue, by far. Given the last 2 years of up close evidence, regarding the effects of having a craptastic OL, I can’t even begin to be optimistic about the outlook until this debacle is adequately addressed by the Seahawks.

So, get ready for a long year. Maybe many. This team cannot be expected to compete for anything this year. We’ll likely have the clown car offense in full gear. With Russell Wilson jumping out of the car on every 3rd down, running for his life and more than occasionally getting dismembered and disembowled. Splattered.

The Rams and 49ers will be far better. Sad state of affairs.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

That alone upgrades the OL. Any player upgrades are icing on the cake.

We lost Sherman, but check out how many posts on this board over the past two years have recommended getting rid of him? Kam? Same thing. There's an active thread about Earl Thomas, even. You can find posts about how Sheldon Richardson was rubbish and not worth having back. How Graham wasn't worth his salary. How Paul Richardson was a draft bust.

So we get rid of them and now we have this litany of woe about how we're rebuilding and can't possibly compete this year.

This is truly a "special" place.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Silver Hawk":3qtopaty said:
This is obviously a massive roster rebuild.

Part 1 is to purge the roster of nearly every “high priced” and/or old player. Get ‘em out.

Part 2 is sign relatively cheap “nobodies” to fill holes.

Part 3 is trade down in the draft and try to get additional picks.

Part 4 will be to sign more cheap nobodies once they get released from other teams. Retreads.

Part 5 is to get very high draft picks next year. Will trade them to get more draft picks. Will selectively sign mid tier free agents next year. Hoping to strike gold.

Not sure any of this will improve the OL. It hasn’t so far. In my mind, this is the biggest issue, by far. Given the last 2 years of up close evidence, regarding the effects of having a craptastic OL, I can’t even begin to be optimistic about the outlook until this debacle is adequately addressed by the Seahawks.

So, get ready for a long year. Maybe many. This team cannot be expected to compete for anything this year. We’ll likely have the clown car offense in full gear. With Russell Wilson jumping out of the car on every 3rd down, running for his life and more than occasionally getting dismembered and disembowled. Splattered.

The Rams and 49ers will be far better. Sad state of affairs.

There to good to be anything less than 500 so a high draft pick is unlikely. They will compete for a wild card they may come up short they might not but they aren't going in the tank with Wilson at QB. I'd be shocked if they finished with anything less than 7 wins. Also we'll see how the rams do next year I doubt they have a 12 plus win season I expect them to come back to the pack some say 11-5 at best.

chris98251

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":1xslt78q said:
You guys get that we have a new OL coach, right? One whose entire philosophy is not built around the OL diving at the DL's knees and ending up on the ground, which hasn't been effective since cut blocks were made illegal?

We lost Sherman, but check out how many posts on this board over the past two years have recommended getting rid of him? Kam? Same thing. There's an active thread about Earl Thomas, even. You can find posts about how Sheldon Richardson was rubbish and not worth having back. How Graham wasn't worth his salary. How Paul Richardson was a draft bust.

So we get rid of them and now we have this litany of woe about how we're rebuilding and can't possibly compete this year.

The common sense aspect of new O line coach, New OC, loss of players on both offense and defense and no proven replacements says it will take a while to learn a new playbook, assemble the new line, get a Running game that's adequate, find out who is going to play on the D line and the secondary, we also don't know how much Norton is going to have as far as say on the Defense.

Now lets add that this team has started slow every year Pete has been here.

Ya really think were taking this division by storm and going to challenge for the Super Bowl this coming season?

Practical thinking says no, we are setting the table for assembly of a team next year that will be set for another 5 to 7 year run when we have our draft picks and salary cap space to work with.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
chris98251":2t1w06hi said:
KiwiHawk":2t1w06hi said:

The common sense aspect of new O line coach, New OC, loss of players on both offense and defense and no proven replacements says it will take a while to learn a new playbook, assemble the new line, get a Running game that's adequate, find out who is going to play on the D line and the secondary, we also don't know how much Norton is going to have as far as say on the Defense.

Now lets add that this team has started slow every year Pete has been here.

Ya really think were taking this division by storm and going to challenge for the Super Bowl this coming season?

Practical thinking says no, we are setting the table for assembly of a team next year that will be set for another 5 to 7 year run when we have our draft picks and salary cap space to work with.
+10000000

Sounds about right to me.

adeltaY

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2wq3j9s4 said:

Man I hope you're right about Solari. The problem isn't just the ZBS. Cut blocks are still legal BTW, chop blocks aren't. Hopefully he can fix their pass pro technique as well.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Q13FOX/status/975614145331679232[/tweet]

Still, it’s only March 18. The season kicks off in September. I’m willing to wait until I see the finished product before I express major concern – aside from one position which I’ll get to in a minute.

Plus, while much of the attention has surrounded the lost Pro Bowlers and bigger names like Ndamakong Suh in free agency, take a look at the moves the Seahawks have quietly made, tendering cornerback Justin Coleman and Dion Jordan, re-signing safety Bradley McDougald and signing hybrid linebacker/defensive end Barkevious Mingo, tight end Ed Dickson, receiver Jaron Brown and safety Maurice Alexander.

As difficult as it was to part ways with Richard Sherman, I tend to agree with this tweet from Field Gulls: “Essentially the Seahawks took Sherman’s salary of $11 million, and gave it to four players, potentially 3 or 4 defensive starters: Coleman, McDougald, Dion, and Mingo, who could be the top LEO. They cost $10.5 million combined. This. Is. Not. Dumb.”

http://q13fox.com/2018/03/18/commentary ... ce=twitter

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/978478582266699781[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/978478373277089792[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/978479206303653888[/tweet]

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/978480955068440576[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Hyatt81/status/978480664101076992[/tweet]

King Dog

Reaction score
Uncle Si":39l9twuw said:
So far...

Out:
Sherman, Bennett, Shead, Rawls, Davis, P. Richardson, S. Richardson, Graham

In:
Alexander, Mingo, Brown, Dickson

I think you're saying what I'm thinking but can't be sure. Super Bowl?

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/978489513738579968[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MattBos/status/978489267025424384[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/978486994983534592[/tweet]