Wilson recruiting WR Terrelle Pryor? Update: Signed w/Jets

vin.couve12

Reaction score
toffee":2ncxaf21 said:
https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/redskins-terrelle-pryor-flounders-in-washington/

He did have hands issue, dropped lots of balls?
Yeah, but Jimmy and PRich had dropped more balls than any receivers the Hawks have had in the last 15 years. You also see that you can put a pretty good 6'0 athletic corner on Pryor and he just dominates them physically. Not just in a Jimmy Graham way (size) or a PRich way (speed), but he does both regularly. He'll outrun, slow down, high point, push off, etc. Even when he's jogging or varying speed for an underthrown ball CBs have a real tough time with him.

Or at least they did two years ago. Dude is a pretty special athlete. I'm just not sure how much this is worth and it's still a gamble.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2y7vjv2j said:
Jville":2y7vjv2j said:
vin.couve12":2y7vjv2j said:
Jville":2y7vjv2j said:
Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/03/terrelle_pryor_visiting_the_se.html[/urltargetblank]
He was benched before getting hurt, from what I have read. He was IR in week 9 No specifics though and that's the important part. There's no specifics.

Injuring his ankle in week two, he was limited to 20 catches for 240 yards and a TD.
He underwent ankle surgery in November, and will be ready for offseason practices.

My understanding is that he started the 1st and 5th games but was effected by an ankle injury as of week two. In the end, the Redskins seemed to view him more as a role player than a starter. For some reason I think of him as a risk in Seattle. I can't visualize him as happy in a spread the ball around role instead of a full time go to starter. I tend to assume he is better off with Hue Jackson.

Terrelle Pryor, used sparingly Monday night, ponders his future with the Redskins >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/10/24/terrelle-pryor-scarcely-used-monday-night-ponders-his-future-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.ace610aed528[/urltargetblank]
Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...

The Redskins paid him $6M not $3M. $3M salary + $3M bonus = $6M for 2017.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":v9n2s9z0 said:
vin.couve12":v9n2s9z0 said:
Jville":v9n2s9z0 said:
vin.couve12":v9n2s9z0 said:
He was benched before getting hurt, from what I have read. He was IR in week 9 No specifics though and that's the important part. There's no specifics.

Injuring his ankle in week two, he was limited to 20 catches for 240 yards and a TD.
He underwent ankle surgery in November, and will be ready for offseason practices.

My understanding is that he started the 1st and 5th games but was effected by an ankle injury as of week two. In the end, the Redskins seemed to view him more as a role player than a starter. For some reason I think of him as a risk in Seattle. I can't visualize him as happy in a spread the ball around role instead of a full time go to starter. I tend to assume he is better off with Hue Jackson.

Terrelle Pryor, used sparingly Monday night, ponders his future with the Redskins >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2017/10/24/terrelle-pryor-scarcely-used-monday-night-ponders-his-future-with-the-redskins/?utm_term=.ace610aed528[/urltargetblank]
Much appreciated for the info. Your concerns seem valid. I don't know what we'd pay for this and I don't know how he would respond in this type of offense. Yes, we like to go vertical, but he'll also have to block and do all the other dirty work along with spreading the ball around. I look at that Cleveland highlight and it's apparent that he scares the hell out of a lot of corners. He's just flat out bigger, faster, stronger and it works even though he doesn't run good routes. If we offer him another 3M like the skins, I think the Browns offer much better. I don't know...

OK, so do we pay that much? Someone will.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":wsh0y2qt said:
Seymour":wsh0y2qt said:
vin.couve12":wsh0y2qt said:
Jville":wsh0y2qt said:

No. Not IMO, too much risk for another guy that may or may not work out. We've done nothing at OL or RB yet, and that is our "priority" yet crickets. If they plan to finish those areas in the draft, we are screwed another season or longer IMO.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":367ny0oe said:
vin.couve12":367ny0oe said:
Seymour":367ny0oe said:
vin.couve12":367ny0oe said:

No. Not IMO, too much risk for another guy that may or may not work out. We've done nothing at OL or RB yet, and that is our "priority" yet crickets. If they plan to finish those areas in the draft, we are screwed another season or longer IMO.
Same ish. We're lacking conviction in that already just like the last two years. It's like when a dude wants to get married to a good woman so they might have a chance at happiness in the long term and then some smoking hot sloot walks by.....

King Dog

Reaction score
What a mismatch he would be. I hope they make this happen. Baldwin, Lockett, Pryor and Brown doesn't sound half bad.

Get a bad arse Guard and RB in the draft and we would be looking pretty good on offense.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Seymour":xblswq2l said:
vin.couve12":xblswq2l said:
Seymour":xblswq2l said:
vin.couve12":xblswq2l said:

The Thomas trade will cover the RB spot and OL with the draft picks we will get.

Seymour

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3uwquaja said:
Seymour":3uwquaja said:
vin.couve12":3uwquaja said:
Seymour":3uwquaja said:

The Thomas trade will cover the RB spot and OL with the draft picks we will get.

Provided we seek a lobotomy in the OL / RB draft room, I agree. Not saying we don't try, just saying...odds are not in our favor. I'd rather draft the areas we are better at, and sign proven talent were we aren't. Oline and RB we suck at drafting. Cable gone will help, just how much we may be forced to observe until Pete is gone.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Wilson has a fantastic deep ball so this could work really well. I'm with vin, I'd say 3M max though given he got 6M last year.

12forlife

Reaction score
Seymour":cdgn4663 said:
IndyHawk":cdgn4663 said:
Seymour":cdgn4663 said:
vin.couve12":cdgn4663 said:

Provided we seek a lobotomy in the OL / RB draft room, I agree. Not saying we don't try, just saying...odds are not in our favor. I'd rather draft the areas we are better at, and sign proven talent were we aren't. Oline and RB we suck at drafting. Cable gone will help, just how much we may be forced to observe until Pete is gone.

Get the ET trade done, I would love to see Isaiah Wynn & either Nick Chubb or Sony Michel. Get some winning pedigrees back in house! Just my .02

brimsalabim

Reaction score
We only had three routes in our tree last few seasons so it wouldn’t have been difficult for him to learn. Who knows what our offense looks like now though?

toffee

Reaction score
Come to think of it, if we could sign Pryor for 30%-40% of what we paid Jimmy Graham, we are coming out ahead. Pryor creates mismatch due to his size and speed, same as Graham. Pryor dropped some balls, hey not like Graham didn't. Pryor probably couldn't block, guess what? So couldn't/wouldn't Graham.

massari

Reaction score
Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
Lockett
Brown
Darboh
Moore
Marcus Johnson
McEvoy
Grayson

Dickson
Vannett
Swoopes

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/GregBishopSI/status/975436125207633920[/tweet][tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/975450893435850752[/tweet]

I'm a little uneasy about the make up and fit of Terrelle Pryor. But, if they feel compelled to take a shot at a possible receiving star, wide receiver is certainly the appropriate position group.

For Terrelle Pryor, health will be a key ingredient to a potential 2018 rebound >>> [urltargetblank]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/18/for-terrelle-pryor-health-will-be-a-key-ingredient-to-a-potential-2018-rebound/[/urltargetblank]

toffee

Reaction score
massari":nkohukdt said:
Pryor, Decker, Cody Latimer, Brice Butler or Mike Wallace seem like the best free agent fits remaining if they can be had for cheap and if they can't trade for Martavis Bryant.

Current depth:

Baldwin
Lockett
Brown
Darboh
Moore
Marcus Johnson
McEvoy
Grayson

Dickson
Vannett
Swoopes
Darboh and Vannett probably hasn’t work out the way Pete likes if the Hawks are signing TE and WRs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pcbball12

Reaction score
toffee":2pg7zc5l said:
massari":2pg7zc5l said:

Current depth:

Baldwin
Lockett
Brown
Darboh
Moore
Marcus Johnson
McEvoy
Grayson

Dickson
Vannett
Swoopes
Darboh and Vannett probably hasn’t work out the way Pete likes if the Hawks are signing TE and WRs.

Darboh was a rookie WR that actually started seeing a number of snaps last year. He probably played and was active more than Golden Tate was his rookie year with us. I would say that bodes well for his future. WR is a tough position to play early on in a career. I think they are just trying to get really competitive with the 4-6 receivers. And Vannett I believe is exactly what they thought he was. A solid number 2 TE that can start in a pinch. And with a team that is most likely going to run a ton of 2 TE sets under Shotty, that is a valuable piece. Signing Dickson doesn’t mean much as far as Vannett goes in my opinion. Under Shotty, they will need 2 good TE’s.

purpleneer

Reaction score
pcbball12":30ov6hb9 said:
Marcus Johnson, Jaron Brown, now potentially Prior. Me thinks they are gettin back to classic Air Coryell. Guys that are vertical threats for a vertical passing attack. I like it. Develop a run game and kill teams vertically, that’s when we were at our best anyways. Get back to our roots.
Stubbornly thinking big play on most of the playaction looks was part of the problem. I'd like to see reliability of the offense improve and that comes from moving the chains, giving the O a chance to build rhythm, and getting more total plays so you can pick your spots to go deep. As much as taking most of a game to get more than a couple FGs on the board was a big problem, so was the propensity to put the D back out quickly and with at least the feeling of a small margin for error.
That said, improving the ability to go downfield with speed and size helps open up everything else and makes opponents feel better about "just" giving up some first downs.

OP
OP
J

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":hj2vh719 said:
massari":hj2vh719 said:

Current depth:

Baldwin
Lockett
Brown
Darboh
Moore
Marcus Johnson
McEvoy
Grayson

Dickson
Vannett
Swoopes

Seahawks will probably add at least 4 more wide receivers and 2 more tight ends to get to their annual training camp numbers.