As of now is RW top 5 QB?

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":1x5so6xx said:
Steve2222":1x5so6xx said:
He’s the #2 QB. He’s a QB who can lead his team to victory despite the talent around them. The Seahawks roster last year was 2 or 3 wins talent wise and he remarkably got us to 9. Could have easily been 11 with a competent kicker.

Please tell us your joking :shock:

He is as serious as you were saying he is #15 best and Hasselbeck was "twice the QB". :roll:

#2 is a hell of a lot closer to fact than #15.

hawkman":1x5so6xx said:
SoulfishHawk":1x5so6xx said:
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawkman":183gup5h said:
Steve2222":183gup5h said:
He’s the #2 QB. He’s a QB who can lead his team to victory despite the talent around them. The Seahawks roster last year was 2 or 3 wins talent wise and he remarkably got us to 9. Could have easily been 11 with a competent kicker.

We must have been watching a different Seahawks OL and stable of running backs last year. Their OL and HBs were so bad that the team last year was in fact a 2-3 win talent team. They were that bad to bring everyone else down. Rodgers and Wilson are the only QBs in the league who could perform behind that OL. Luckily Wilson is durable, Rodgers definitely would have gotten hurt behind that OL.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Seymour":3uyx9kct said:
hawkman":3uyx9kct said:
Steve2222":3uyx9kct said:

He is as serious as you were saying he is #15 best and Hasselbeck was "twice the QB". :roll:

hawkman":3uyx9kct said:
SoulfishHawk":3uyx9kct said:
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

Dear God! He actually typed that shit? And meant it? Please tell me u cut the sarcasm emojis off of his quote!

hawkman

Reaction score
Steve2222":ecpu8biy said:
hawkman":ecpu8biy said:
Steve2222":ecpu8biy said:

We must have been watching a different Seahawks OL and stable of running backs last year. Their OL and HBs were so bad that the team last year was in fact a 2-3 win talent team. They were that bad to bring everyone else down. Rodgers and Wilson are the only QBs in the league who could perform behind that OL. Luckily Wilson is durable, Rodgers definitely would have gotten hurt behind that OL.

There isn’t an oline in the league that could successfully block for Wilson. Much of the pressure he sees is of his own doing. He is a phenomenal athlete, and not a great qb from a technical standpoint (poor footwork in the pocket, flawed throwing motion). His athleticism allows him to be successful, albeit not real consistently. Because of this style he will not have even close to the shelf life the great qb’s have.

Seymour

Reaction score
hgwellz12":nafg08z8 said:
Seymour":nafg08z8 said:
hawkman":nafg08z8 said:
Steve2222":nafg08z8 said:

SoulfishHawk":nafg08z8 said:

Dear God! He actually typed that shit? And meant it? Please tell me u cut the sarcasm emojis off of his quote!

Nope exact quote. Pretty easy to remember posts like this. Search his history, the Wilson hate is pretty damn sad.

Here is another classic that started out about why Bevell was screwed. Quickly turned out to be a Wilson hate thread.

Was he the mastermind that made that got us Super Bowl? Or the Idiot the internet idiots called him out to be?

I hope I don’t get banned, and this thread stays around for a year or so. I would trade Wilson for anything we could get right now. He is a great athlete. Time is not on his side. Athlete loses out to real QB when time catches up. Russell was and is fun to watch. But it is very nice easy to see he isn’t the sharpest pencil and n the box.

Sooner some quit considering the athlete a QB the sooner we might win another Super Bowl.

One promise to all of you. Lil Wilson will never win another SB in Seattle or anywhere else. Lil guy got gifted one. That’s over.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145850&p=2154324#p2154323

RussB

Reaction score
Yes , what he did last year with so little help around him cemented his status is a top QB in the NFL. He carried the team on his back all season when they defense was getting killed by injuries.

He put up historic numbers and accounted for over 80% of the teams whole offense, no one in history has ever done that.

D

DomeHawk

WilsonMVP":38s8cors said:
Lets see

Last year he was

9th in passing yards
1st in passing TD
10th in QB rating
33rd in the league in rushing yards and had over 100 yards more than the next two Seahawk RBs

2 Years ago
10th in passing yards
17th in passing TD
14th in QB rating

Objectively with Stats he is NOT a TOP 5 QB to be honest which sucks...BUT to anyone that knows the circumstances around it, the OL was the worst in the league, he played injured 2 years ago, and he has accounted for a lot of our rushing yards with zero running game. The best RB we have had last 2 years was Christine Micahel with 469 yards.

I think he is a top 5 QB but the stats dont bare it out. Hopefully we will see him return to form this year

Extrapolated stats are just that, they don't account for too many factors.

Factor in the worst offensive line those two years and yes, he is definitely top-5.

12forlife

Reaction score
Seymour":1de8dje7 said:
hawkman":1de8dje7 said:
Steve2222":1de8dje7 said:

hawkman":1de8dje7 said:
SoulfishHawk":1de8dje7 said:

Wow no way you really think Hasselbeck was a better QB then Russell? I'm not going to deep into this idiotic comment, but any true Hawk fan will agree with me. When Hass was our QB, if we were down by 10 pts or more in the 2nd half the game was as good as over. If we are down by 20 pts @ half with Russell, I believe we still have a chance to come back and win! No way he was half the QB Russell is. Not sure where "Ranks" but dude has the heart of a lion, he is our QB, and I believe in him each & every game!!

Tusc2000

Reaction score
The Elite QBs:
Brady
Rodgers
Russ
Ben
Wentz (rising)
Brees (falling)

Watson (TBD)
Goff (probably not)
Dak (probably not)

Steve2222

Reaction score
hawkman":3fap9l87 said:
Steve2222":3fap9l87 said:
hawkman":3fap9l87 said:
Steve2222":3fap9l87 said:

There isn’t an oline in the league that could successfully block for Wilson. Much of the pressure he sees is of his own doing. He is a phenomenal athlete, and not a great qb from a technical standpoint (poor footwork in the pocket, flawed throwing motion). His athleticism allows him to be successful, albeit not real consistently. Because of this style he will not have even close to the shelf life the great qb’s have.

Not much a QB can do when the DL can get in their sprinter stances and take off for the QB with zero threat of a run game.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Seymour":33yer3jt said:
hgwellz12":33yer3jt said:
Seymour":33yer3jt said:
hawkman":33yer3jt said:

Nope exact quote. Pretty easy to remember posts like this. Search his history, the Wilson hate is pretty damn sad.

Here is another classic that started out about why Bevell was screwed. Quickly turned out to be a Wilson hate thread.

Was he the mastermind that made that got us Super Bowl? Or the Idiot the internet idiots called him out to be?

I hope I don’t get banned, and this thread stays around for a year or so. I would trade Wilson for anything we could get right now. He is a great athlete. Time is not on his side. Athlete loses out to real QB when time catches up. Russell was and is fun to watch. But it is very nice easy to see he isn’t the sharpest pencil and n the box.

Sooner some quit considering the athlete a QB the sooner we might win another Super Bowl.

One promise to all of you. Lil Wilson will never win another SB in Seattle or anywhere else. Lil guy got gifted one. That’s over.

http://seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=145850&p=2154324#p2154323

Mannnn, gottdamn! And he's the LAST ONE who should be saying ANYTHING about 'sharpest pencils in the box', or whatever the hell he tried to say. Jesus, that was hard to read! :|

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, Wilson came to us with a average or just below average O line, a HOF running back, a top 5 historical defense and performed well.

We won playoff games and a Super Bowl as a team while he was learning his craft despite the known obstacles that stopped us from doing more.

We are now in a complete rebuild mode, retooling or retraining a whole O line, bringing in new Receivers to supplement Baldwin, new TE's to help with blocking and to be used as TE's not big WR's, a new offense system that has more variables and were still in the process of identifying our running game and RB's.

On defense we have our LB corps and Earl, pretty much everyone else were roll players or learning that we're now asking to step up and be starters and impact guys going forward, an example of what can happen to a great QB put on a team with now supporting cast to help consistently is Archie Manning.

The man was a very good QB coming out of college but player 11 years I think on a New Orleans team that was terrible in just about everything the did from Drafts and trades to Coaching and their Front Office, they finally did make a defense that was very formidable but it was a high cost for the QB. He never had a winning season in New Orleans, yet was an All Pro a few times, that says something about his ability even if his stats show average or bad. He was a scrambler and had pretty good accuracy and a strong arm coming out of college and at 6'3" 220 or so was a big QB for 1971.

You know why he fought to have Eli traded to the Giants now.

I really don't want to see that happen to Wilson, when you start pressing to make things happen all the time usually it ends up being something bad, turnovers or injury. If he has regressed it is due to the Coaching and Front office failing to get him a toolbox to use adequately and trust.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Hot take (and actual not a hot take at all, but the truth)

Lynch benefited more playing with Wilson than Wilson did playing with Lynch.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":2mcl7f68 said:
WilsonMVP":2mcl7f68 said:
Lets see

Last year he was

9th in passing yards
1st in passing TD
10th in QB rating
33rd in the league in rushing yards and had over 100 yards more than the next two Seahawk RBs

2 Years ago
10th in passing yards
17th in passing TD
14th in QB rating

Objectively with Stats he is NOT a TOP 5 QB to be honest which sucks...BUT to anyone that knows the circumstances around it, the OL was the worst in the league, he played injured 2 years ago, and he has accounted for a lot of our rushing yards with zero running game. The best RB we have had last 2 years was Christine Micahel with 469 yards.

I think he is a top 5 QB but the stats dont bare it out. Hopefully we will see him return to form this year

Curious, in combined yards, where did Wilson rank? Also, stats aren’t in a vacuum. You think Wentz, Brady, Goff, and Brees put up their same numbers with the Seahawks offense?

True I did not include TOTAL yards....

It would put him 2nd in total yards this past year and top 5 2 years ago. I personally think he is a top 5 QB with the situation he is in, but you could argue he isnt

adeltaY

Reaction score
Damn, someone on Twitter posted a stat that had Wilson with over a 100 passer rating when targeting the short middle of the field. Wish I could find it. Stats don't support the "he can't throw over the middle" narrative.

Also, I'd like to see where we ranked in dropped passes and how many yards above average he lost due to failed receptions.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
hawkman":2bafqmcu said:
MD5eahawks":2bafqmcu said:
I really don't get the questioning of Russell Wilson. My god, what does he have to do!?!?

Having the ability to throw consistently to the middle of the field would be a great start. Moving up in the pocket and throwing the ball would be cool to.
Might help if he has some of his Receivers, TE's or RB's "Consistently" getting somewhat open in "the middle of the field" .....Pocket?, you mean the sporadic "Pocket's" where his O-Linemen are blocking AIR or diving at the Defenders legs, and or both?
Russell Wilson was the #1 rusher for the Seahawks last season, if that tells you anything.

Steve2222

Reaction score
adeltaY":16avlndc said:
Damn, someone on Twitter posted a stat that had Wilson with over a 100 passer rating when targeting the short middle of the field. Wish I could find it. Stats don't support the "he can't throw over the middle" narrative.

Also, I'd like to see where we ranked in dropped passes and how many yards above average he lost due to failed receptions.

His completion % is also decimated with the amount of throwaways he’s forced to make. If I were a betting man, I bet he led the league in throwaways.

Smellyman

Reaction score
chris98251":320m7ar0 said:
I look at it this way, Wilson came to us with a average or just below average O line, a HOF running back, a top 5 historical defense and performed well.

We won playoff games and a Super Bowl as a team while he was learning his craft despite the known obstacles that stopped us from doing more.

We are now in a complete rebuild mode, retooling or retraining a whole O line, bringing in new Receivers to supplement Baldwin, new TE's to help with blocking and to be used as TE's not big WR's, a new offense system that has more variables and were still in the process of identifying our running game and RB's.

On defense we have our LB corps and Earl, pretty much everyone else were roll players or learning that we're now asking to step up and be starters and impact guys going forward, an example of what can happen to a great QB put on a team with now supporting cast to help consistently is Archie Manning.

The man was a very good QB coming out of college but player 11 years I think on a New Orleans team that was terrible in just about everything the did from Drafts and trades to Coaching and their Front Office, they finally did make a defense that was very formidable but it was a high cost for the QB. He never had a winning season in New Orleans, yet was an All Pro a few times, that says something about his ability even if his stats show average or bad. He was a scrambler and had pretty good accuracy and a strong arm coming out of college and at 6'3" 220 or so was a big QB for 1971.

You know why he fought to have Eli traded to the Giants now.

I really don't want to see that happen to Wilson, when you start pressing to make things happen all the time usually it ends up being something bad, turnovers or injury. If he has regressed it is due to the Coaching and Front office failing to get him a toolbox to use adequately and trust.

Set a record for touchdown passes by a rookie actually. (Tied Manning)