Ndamukong Suh A Ram (Sefarian-Jenkins signs with Jags)

kf3339

Reaction score
chris98251":gjo0hc5s said:
TransGenderHawkFan":gjo0hc5s said:
Blitzer88":gjo0hc5s said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/nfltrade_rumors/status/975562253352218624[/tweet]

Wasn't he already in for a visit?

He was still a Dolphin, they have stated he did have a phone call with someone possibly Pete and that was it.

He made it thru the weekend without signing with the Saints or Titans, so we still have a shot. Maybe 50/50 at this point. Makes me think that perhaps money will not be the only factor with him this time! :irishdrinkers:

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/975580362632921088[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/975578555374624768[/tweet]

Bobblehead

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":4czvwe2i said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/975580362632921088[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/schultz_report/status/975578555374624768[/tweet]

LOL.. visit the Rams.. OK if that's not a bargaining chip, I don't know what is.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
The rams couldn't have interest in him long term, maybe a 1 yr all in year this season but they got Goff to pay in the next 2 years, Gurley Donald Peters I believe all come up next year those are going to be some hefty contracts but if he was interested in winning it all, a 1 year would have to be enticing but risky.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
There is such a thing as overkill. It isn't like the Rams didn't run roughshod over the NFCW with their DL without Suh. Why pour that many resources again into the DL when they just let Quinn go. Just my opinion but it looks like they are prepping to pay some team cornerstones with the releases they have just had. Not freeing up space for a top priced DT in an area that is already the teams strength.

Was that their problem last year, interior pass rush?

original poster

Reaction score
FWIW regarding the Titans comments, they didn't release anyone to be able to sign Suh, they have a whole lot of cap space. Their DL guy that got released had nothing to do with Suh coming in.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":2okik503 said:
There is such a thing as overkill. It isn't like the Rams didn't run roughshod over the NFCW with their DL without Suh. Why pour that many resources again into the DL when they just let Quinn go. Just my opinion but it looks like they are prepping to pay some team cornerstones with the releases they have just had. Not freeing up space for a top priced DT in an area that is already the teams strength.

Driving up his price perhaps???

OP
OP
Str8OuttaSkittles

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
man its obvious we could get him for less than he would have taken a year ago. why pete make the call what was said? we need help on D after losing SR i cant believe they had no plans for SR leaving it was obvious he was gone. id bet if we had suh in for a visit he would join .. just heard avril had surgery doubt he plays again

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15c583cb said:
seahawkfreak":15c583cb said:

Driving up his price perhaps???

UHHHGG!. About 75% here loved SR on our team, another 25% liked him but didn't want to pay 12 to 15 million a year next year for him. Then he signs for a 1 year 8 million + on another team.

I am on board paying Suh some serious top dollar prices but no more. We should not be a pejorative to the rest of the league against free agent signings. They want to pay Suh 20 million a year or whatever ridiculous price, fine, walk on fool.

Sucks though, I'd take SR for 8 a year though.

RCATES

Reaction score
The Suh roller coaster continue's. When he first was released a reporter that's close to Suh said he was going after the biggest "pay day" and that fitting the teams system meant nothing in the negotiations. Now the same reporter is claiming Suh hasn't talked money with any of the teams he's visited so far and he's mainly looking at the different teams and how he fits and the money will come later. Which is it? If its the first one Seattle has a zero chance at landing Suh. They have been lowballing and losing players left and right so far this offseason. No way they will be the highest bidder at a likely one year rental. This team has way too many other issues to address then to put that kind of cap towards Suh.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Shoot, let the Rams sign Suh. It will create cap hell for them. It might suck this year for us to play against them, but they need to extend Aaron Donald with a monster contract and you KNOW he will not accept less than whatever Suh gets. Nor should he. He has already sat out offseason workouts and things waiting on a new deal. You think he will be happy with the Rams giving a truckload of money to Suh while he has been faithfully playing and waiting on a new deal himself?

They will have so much money tied up in the DT position in a year that other areas are going to start slipping for them.

Make it happen, Rams.

RCATES

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2z1v6b08 said:
Shoot, let the Rams sign Suh. It will create cap hell for them. It might suck this year for us to play against them, but they need to extend Aaron Donald with a monster contract and you KNOW he will not accept less than whatever Suh gets. Nor should he. He has already sat out offseason workouts and things waiting on a new deal. You think he will be happy with the Rams giving a truckload of money to Suh while he has been faithfully playing and waiting on a new deal himself?

They will have so much money tied up in the DT position in a year that other areas are going to start slipping for them.

Make it happen, Rams.

The reason why I don't see this happening is because they still have to sign Donald to a huge contract. He held out last year. No way he's on the field this year without a major pay raise. I can't see a team having over 30 million tied up on two interior defenders on the D-Line.

Seymour

Reaction score
I'm down to about 10% chance of him landing here. This is one move that could bring hope for 2018. On the other hand, it could well put us right back where we started if he was injured, so there is that too.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RCATES":1els8nxt said:
HawkFan72":1els8nxt said:

Make it happen, Rams.

The reason why I don't see this happening is because they still have to sign Donald to a huge contract. He held out last year. No way he's on the field this year without a major pay raise. I can't see a team having over 30 million tied up on two interior defenders on the D-Line.

It's exactly why I'm starting to genuinely want it to happen. It's going to cause more problems than it's worth for them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Just the fact that Suh is still on his world tour desperately trying to hammer the biggest paycheck he can find with any team, regardless of whether the team's good or not tells me we're not going to land him.

Someone's going to give him an extra 1-2M a year to sign with them over what we're willing to give him.

RCATES

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":jl4xec40 said:
Just the fact that Suh is still on his world tour desperately trying to hammer the biggest paycheck he can find with any team, regardless of whether the team's good or not tells me we're not going to land him.

Someone's going to give him an extra 1-2M a year to sign with them over what we're willing to give him.

I think it will be much higher then that. Rumors had Seattle offering 11 to SR. After he took 9mil to go to Minnesota the truth came out that Seattle had only offered him 6.5mil. I'm thinking Suh will break the 12 mil a year mark. After only offering SR 6.5 I can't see them going anything over 8 - 8.5 for Suh.