Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Keep him at RG. Pocic isn't much at guard, IMO. He got overpowered there time and again.

Pete said a couple months ago that there aren't any plans to move Ifedi back to guard anyway.

Let Pocic compete at LG with Roos and then we'll probably add more too, although again, I don't really like Pocic at guard, but let him compete.

lukerguy

Reaction score
original poster":3clkucv6 said:
lukerguy":3clkucv6 said:
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
You have to wonder if this now makes Ifedi surplus to needs?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Ifedi, Pocic, and Roos are going to have to work out the starting lineup with their play on the field and in practice.

My guess is that Pocic ends up the swing guy, backing up multiple positions. If Pocic puts on 15 pounds of muscle then he's got a chance, but he just wasn't strong enough as a rook.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Played for Solari, plus run blocker, negative in pass. It’s a fine signing if the $$$ is right. If it’s anywhere near Joeckel territory then it’s a mistake.

Seymour

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3802dmm6 said:
You have to wonder if this now makes Ifedi surplus to needs?

Looks more like a $4-5M fire was lit under his ass to me.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
lukerguy":2ow9345y said:
original poster":2ow9345y said:
lukerguy":2ow9345y said:
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

Fant has never done anything to secure a prognosis as an NFL starter. He's one of the most overhyped players in recent Seattle history. He's as likely to get cut next year as he is to stay on as a backup.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Fant is on his rookie contract. Let him sit behind Brown for a year and be injury insurance. Brown only has a year left on his contract anyway.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
I would rather have Fluker at RT. His length works much better on the perimeter, where he can engulf defenders with his massive wingspan.

Move Ifedi back to his more natural RG position. Have Fant train behind both OTs in the event of an injury to Fluker or Brown. It's going to take Fant some time to adjust to playing on the right side, anyway.

Brown, Fant
Roos, Pocic
Britt, Pocic
Ifedi, Pocic
Fluker, Fant

vin.couve12

Reaction score
hawknation2018":1ru9mvwh said:
I would rather have Fluker at RT. His length works much better on the perimeter, where he can engulf defenders with his massive wingspan.
Footwork is a mess, from what I've read. He's been moved to guard to mitigate that.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
vin.couve12":3qw8jets said:
hawknation2018":3qw8jets said:
Footwork is a mess, from what I've read. He's been moved to guard to mitigate that.

His footwork TECHNIQUE is excellent. He's just very slow footed. But his arm length makes up for that.

Take a look for yourself. :D

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is a start to begin to fix the mess created by Coach Fable with the OLine.

Spleenhawk2.0

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1pflyyvr said:
hawknation2018":1pflyyvr said:

And Physically there is not much that separates the two players. Coming out of college, they were physically very close

DJ Fluker
Weight - 339
Height - 76.63 Inches
Arms - 36.68
Hands - 10.50
40 Yard - 5.31
Bench - 21

Germain Ifedi
Weight - 324
Height - 77.75 Inches
Arms - 36
Hands - 10.75
40 Yard - 5.27
Bench - 24

Fluker is a little a little shorter, a bit heavier, but not as strong as Ifedi coming out of college. If anything, the more "athletic" Ifedi comps out better at RT than Fluker. Both have struggled at times in pass protection with edge rushers....

Kinger95

Reaction score
Adds stability. I like. Solari probably said compared to what you got fluker is a pro bowler. All I know is that ifedi can’t play worse than last year. Right ?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Spleenhawk2.0":25cn1pyo said:
vin.couve12":25cn1pyo said:
hawknation2018":25cn1pyo said:

And Physically there is not much that separates the two players. Coming out of college, they were physically very close

DJ Fluker
Weight - 339
Height - 76.63 Inches
Arms - 36.68
Hands - 10.50
40 Yard - 5.31
Bench - 21

Germain Ifedi
Weight - 324
Height - 77.75 Inches
Arms - 36
Hands - 10.75
40 Yard - 5.27
Bench - 24

Fluker is a little a little shorter, a bit heavier, but not as strong as Ifedi coming out of college. If anything, the more "athletic" Ifedi comps out better at RT than Fluker. Both have struggled at times in pass protection with edge rushers....

Ifedi is way more explosive on tape. Fluker didn't test in the broad jump, vertical, shuttles, etc.

Jville

Reaction score
He was a road grader for the Giants at a published 6'-5" 345 lbs.

It is early enough in the process for him to benefit from Seattle's strength and conditioning and nutrition programs prior to OTAs.

New Year. New Team. New Program. He is 27 years of age now. Time to mature into becoming best he can be.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/976217377737248774[/tweet]

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
The o-line competition will be fierce during camps and preseason! It seems like only Brown and Britt are pencilled in, and the last 3 starting spots will be between Ifedi, Fluker, Pocic, Roos, and Fant + any rookies that are drafted or signed. I think Roos might push really hard for one of the guard spots.