Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sounds like a little bit of balance and a cohesiveness in the line. One year deal works for cohesiveness with a new offensive line. Coach is aware of needs apparently and is talking to the powers that be. If nothing else....he can teach basics and help with the chemistry that is needed in the new line the NEW coach is bringing with him. Maybe some of the chaos is gone. We shall see.

12forlife

Reaction score
PC/JS are simply going about this similar to how they did in 2010. Rough patch the holes we have before the draft, so we have as few glaring holes as possible going into the draft. With only having 1 pick in rds 1-3, and not much cap space to work with this year I feel they are doing all they can do to turn over as many rocks as possible, so all these guys can fight it out in camp to see who is standing when the dust settles. Could be a tough year, but with a lot more cap space potentially next season, and full slate of draft picks next season we should be headed back in the right direction. I like the idea of signing Fluker for the reason it will if nothing else push Ifedi, Poscic, Roos & Fant to become better, and that's a good thing. With that said I really wish we could get Conner Williams or Isaiah Wynn to help get us headed in the right direction.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1nlkdt8g said:
Seymour":1nlkdt8g said:
Uncle Si":1nlkdt8g said:
Seymour":1nlkdt8g said:
Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

Not sure that’s villifying. Just asking what changed his mind.

I know nothing of Fluker

hawknation2018

Reaction score
bbsplitter":35vixkoe said:
Seymour":35vixkoe said:
Uncle Si":35vixkoe said:
Seymour":35vixkoe said:
Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

That's really what I was getting at. How much knowledge does it take to launch into the histrionics of negativity?

hawknation2018

Reaction score
adeltaY":kw1v4v2l said:
Can someone explain how Ifedi/Fluker are such great athletes but people frequently describe them as having "slow feet"? Is it because agility is separate from athleticism. Are they very strong/long but slow? Genuinely don't understand it.

Both are long, but Fluker is even longer and uses his length well (which is the big difference). When playing tackle, Fluker has better technique in his footwork. He uses his long arms and an economy of movement to cut off pass rushing lanes. But I don't think anyone would mistake Fluker for a "great athlete."

Ifedi is more of a north-south player. He is way more explosive than Fluker. That is why some people compliment Ifedi's "athleticism," when they are really referring to his explosiveness in the run game (9'1'' broad jump). Another reason why many people, including the great Walter Jones, would like to see Ifedi at guard.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't like it but I don't dislike it either lord knows they need all the depth they can get there so fine I just hope he didn't cost much.

AgentDib

Reaction score
This isn't quite how I expected the off-season to go. I was looking for more of a long term view where we net comp picks and use any cap room saved to extend our own key players.

That being said, it does make sense to let your new staff bring in guys that they have worked with before and are comfortable using. The FO is apparently trying to compete this year and not treating it like the reloading year that most of us have been planning for. I'm on the skeptical side but they can win me over if we're still in the division race come November.

My March 20th OL depth chart:
LT - Duane Brown, George Fant, Rees Odhiambo
LG - Jordan Roos vs. Ethan Pocic, Rees Odhiambo
C - Justin Britt, Ethan Pocic
RG - DJ Fluker vs. Rookie
RT - Germain Ifedi vs. George Fant
RT (Honorary) - Ed Dickson

12forlife":2hxq7hzg said:
PC/JS are simply going about this similar to how they did in 2010. Rough patch the holes we have before the draft, so we have as few glaring holes as possible going into the draft.
Agreed; this is a mandatory prerequisite to going BPA in the draft.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He’s good, he sucks, whatever.

Several around here were pretty high on this player during the 2013 draft. Now after 4 seasons with some good, several injuries, and some bad, he sucks to some, can’t pass protect, is somewhat solid as a run blocker, but isn’t worthy. As said earlier, whatever, he’s here for the year, let’s wait, watch, and see what he can do. He’s certainly got a good college pedigree and is a physical specimen. Our present well experienced OLine coach likes him and I suspect he wants to play and show he was worth a 1st round pick. Just b/c many of the 2013 draft busted doesn’t mean they all will. We’ve seen what a healthy Dion Jordan could potentially bring to the table, maybe a healthy Fluker can do the same.

There will be little doubt this guy will be easily pushed around by DTs and could bring some genuine nasty when combined with Ifedi if the later sticks after facing competition from Fluker. I like the idea of these two on the right side shoving defensive players into the turf face first breaking open running lanes for a RB that can make yardage after initial contact.

Before we write this signing off as a stop gap mistake let’s wait and watch first. As far as an addition to the OLine pile I like it, or the idea behind it.

massari

Reaction score
Just hope it's like a 1 year $2M deal.

Dj fluker

D

DomeHawk

jammerhawk":1qqx8wd6 said:
Fluker at least can run block.

But he can't pass block worth crap and last time I looked Wilson's passing is the only strength this offense possesses.

AgentDib

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1n7j143u said:
But he can't pass block worth crap and last time I looked Wilson's passing is the only strength this offense possesses.
Our passing offense was terrific in the second half of 2015. It may be counter intuitive but I would argue strongly that had much less to do with our OL pass blocking being better and much more to do with both our running game being better and Wilson moving fluidly outside of the pocket and connecting with Doug, Kearse, Jimmy and FredEx.

Remember at the time how bothered people here were about Britt's pass blocking at LG, Sweezy's pass blocking at RG, and Gilliam's pass blocking at RT? Wilson was getting the ball out right away and very accurately. If you remember our game against the Vikings, we had nearly 200 yards rushing with Wilson over 50 and a couple of rushing TDs.

chris98251

Reaction score
This may be a Robert Gallery type signing, on the field in the huddle assistant.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Look at the picture hard guys...
You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Wenhawk":8x4kbpbf said:
Haven't seen numbers but ill guess 2y 10m

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

[tweet]https://twitter.com/kelphelper/status/976353089304248320[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/976354783966539776[/tweet]

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
hawknation2018":zj4n9g15 said:
original poster":zj4n9g15 said:
TheHawkster":zj4n9g15 said:
We can plug him in at RT, and have Dixon pass block for him.
I hope he can catch!

I said the exact same on Twitter a little while ago

Great minds think alike. :2thumbs:

Indeed :2thumbs:

hawknation2018":zj4n9g15 said:
bbsplitter":zj4n9g15 said:
Seymour":zj4n9g15 said:
Uncle Si":zj4n9g15 said:

That's really what I was getting at. How much knowledge does it take to launch into the histrionics of negativity?

A 4 second look at PFF grades apparently :p

uncle fester

Reaction score
Welcome to the O Line Vending Machine!

Choose up to 2 from the following 3 options when choosing your O Line player:

1 - Good at Run Blocking

2 - Good at Pass Blocking

3 - Free Agent

hawknation2018

Reaction score
uncle fester":340ztxeg said:
Welcome to the O Line Vending Machine!

Choose up to 2 from the following 3 options when choosing your O Line player:

1 - Good at Run Blocking

2 - Good at Pass Blocking

3 - Free Agent

Can 1 and 2 be selected at draft time? :vodka:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
hawknation2018":t6qczju6 said:
PFF:
"Fluker has been a significantly better tackle than guard so far in the NFL."
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/p ... ree-agency

"Fluker played well at tackle, posting Pro Football Focus grades of 71.7 and 77 in 2013 and '14, respectively, while starting 31 of 32 regular season games, plus two playoff games. But he's struggled the last two years at guard, though, with PFF grades of 57.7 (2015) and 63.7 (2016)."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2017 ... ld_an.html

And in typical Seahawk fashion,,,,,,,

Jville":t6qczju6 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/976221791931678720[/tweet]