Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

Atradees

Reaction score
That dude is huge and ugly. I like it. I am so praying for the Solari magic. A one dimensional line would be a vast improvement.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
massari":133inqfr said:
Just hope it's like a 1 year $2M deal.

Dj fluker
Jeez he is huge. Maybe the plan is to have Russell jump on his back and ride him like the Master Blaster in Mad Max? Who runs coffee town?

ducks41468

Reaction score
IndyHawk":38y6xxxf said:
Look at the picture hard guys...
You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise

*Team signs a guy who was already 76th of out of 78 in pass blocking without having ever even blocked for Wilson

Fans: it's already Wilson's fault that this guy can't pass block! This is what he deserves!

Uh, the first step to helping said QB change some things would be to, you know, sign a lineman that actually profiles as a good pass blocker outside of our system.

getnasty

Reaction score
ducks41468":8eh4z88g said:
IndyHawk":8eh4z88g said:
Look at the picture hard guys...
You wanted OL..They get one and most of you still cannot be happy..
Boo Hoo!I don't think it matters much who they get besides for a running game.
The sandlot QB has to change some things for it to really matter..Passing wise

*Team signs a guy who was already 76th of out of 78 in pass blocking without having ever even blocked for Wilson

Fans: it's already Wilson's fault that this guy can't pass block! This is what he deserves!

Uh, the first step to helping said QB change some things would be to, you know, sign a lineman that actually profiles as a good pass blocker outside of our system.

Yeah like Andrew Norwell, the only problem is we have something called a salary cap.

King Dog

Reaction score
original poster":3248alyo said:
His arm length is absolutely ludicrous! 35 3/4 If my memory serves.

Ha. I just looked this up yesterday. Close. The combine had him at 36 3/4.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
King Dog":3ohpa1g3 said:
original poster":3ohpa1g3 said:
His arm length is absolutely ludicrous! 35 3/4 If my memory serves.

Ha. I just looked this up yesterday. Close. The combine had him at 36 3/4.

Thanks, thats the one!

Absolutely ridiculous. He looks photoshopped.

lukerguy

Reaction score
original poster":25mue6yv said:
lukerguy":25mue6yv said:
original poster":25mue6yv said:
lukerguy":25mue6yv said:
FLuker has graded around 70+ at RT in his career, so perhaps they plan to move him to RT and push Fant to LG.

I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.

A healthy Fant is too good not to progress IMO.
I do like the idea of having 1/2 starter level lineman in reserve in case of injury though.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
lukerguy":16z9nafz said:
original poster":16z9nafz said:
lukerguy":16z9nafz said:
original poster":16z9nafz said:
I had them taking one of Isaiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Austin Corbett early for LG.

I’m still adamant this will happen despite the Fluker signing.

What do you do with Fant than? Assuming 100% he sure looked like he showed some definite promise. I don't think you want to sit him out another year from progression.

I think Fant will be valuable insurance as LT backup should Brown go down. Given his age i’d feel pretty comfortable having Fant ready to do should the worst happen.

A healthy Fant is too good not to progress IMO.
I do like the idea of having 1/2 starter level lineman in reserve in case of injury though.

Yeah given all his development has gone into LT I'm not sure it would be worth getting him too many reps at RT.

I'd sooner him provide valuable backup insurance, although I'm sure he would disagree.

Maybe the team doesn't extend Brown and plans on running Fant there afterwards, who knows? Although that would go against what JS has said about Brown so probably unlikely.

Seymour

Reaction score
bbsplitter":2gmbznej said:
Seymour":2gmbznej said:
Uncle Si":2gmbznej said:
Seymour":2gmbznej said:
Another 2013 draft bust, that was #11 overall.

What do you know of the player outside his PFF scores from last year.. because your opinion has done one of the quicker and more extreme 180s i've seen on here in some time

I know worse than Joeckel = potential destruction of our #1 asset and more bad habits which happens to piss me off. Sorry.I'll check out now since people don't understand what "I need to check means".

I don't think we need to vilify changing ones opinion, more people on the internet need to learn how to do that. I think everyone just gets tired of the constant negativity. I can't remember the last happy Seymour post I saw.

That is a fair point. Unfortunately, there has not been a ton of great Seahawk news the last month or so and I tend to sometimes react too quickly at times. I use humor to combat negativity, not all may get it. Anyway, I've fought for protection of Russell 3+ years now and found 3 sources all saying good run block poor pass block and that set me off. Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow. I'm not making excuses, I'm simply stating that things are not always as they appear.

12forlife

Reaction score
Jeez he is huge. Maybe the plan is to have Russell jump on his back and ride him like the Master Blaster in Mad Max? Who runs coffee town?[/quote]

Bwaaahahaha, now that is a funny!!

For real though we could possibly be looking at one of our better lines in recent history ( not that is saying much). I realize we probably do/have to trade out of 18, but if say a Conner Williams or Isaiah Wynn fall to us at 18 do we trade out or take a upper tier talent at position of need? I would feel ok if our line looked like this.

LT - Brown / Fant / Odhiambo
LG - Roos / (Wynn) / Pocic
C - Britt / Pocic
RG - Fluker / Ifedi / Roos
RT - Ifedi / (Williams) / Fant / Odhiambo

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Seymour":33ulvnv3 said:
Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow. I'm not making excuses, I'm simply stating that things are not always as they appear.

Sorry for your loss Seymour. Many things a lot more important than silly football.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Seymour":1qrztvlm said:
That is a fair point. Unfortunately, there has not been a ton of great Seahawk news the last month or so and I tend to sometimes react too quickly at times. I use humor to combat negativity, not all may get it. Anyway, I've fought for protection of Russell 3+ years now and found 3 sources all saying good run block poor pass block and that set me off.

Also nerves were on edge with the tough decisions we had to make with a very ill brother that was both a huge Seahawks fan and Vietnam vet. It did not end well and we put him to rest at Tahoma cemetary tomorrow.
[/quote]

God Bless and Godspeed to your brother. He made sacrifices for his country that most can never appreciate, but being from a Military family (Mom and Dad), I have the utmost respect for our Veterans.

As to FLuker, our main goal is to improve the running game, which will in turn improve the passing game. The last year or two, defenses were able to "pin their ears back" and go after the QB because we had no running game.

With his size, this Monster of a Man will make a difference in the running game if he just stands there and forces the defense to go around him. Defenses won't be able to see Russell or the RB, let alone who's got the ball.

DJ reminds me of that animated movie (Monster vs Aliens) where that giant flying insect was trying to save the Golden Gate Bridge. He probably makes the same kind of noise.

Fant is an athletic freak, and I hope they try him at LG (along with Pocic) to get him reps and help him prepare for the future at LT.

I think it's a toss up between Fluker and Ifedi, but people like Ray Roberts and other OLine coaches and sang Germaine's praises, and he played pretty well in college, so I'm thinking if Solari simplifies that game for him; and he forgets everything Cable taught him, he'll be just fine at RT.

My biggest problem with Cable was seeing linemen blow right past the first defensive linemen, and clumsily try to block the 2nd level, as Russell is getting blown up by they 1st guy that said Olineman ignored. It happened a LOT! What kind of blocking philosophy was that?

I don't think we need new linemen, as much as we need a new, basic, blocking philosophy that doesn't give the linemen multiple responsibilities and has them thinking instead of playing. Just let them play. And let them get the calls from ONE guy! Ugh...stupid..."Run Game Coordinator," THAT was the biggest mistake Pete Carroll has made imho. Our Win/Loss record would have been so much better without Cable.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Dude is a damn mountain. :3-1:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DerykGilmore/status/976394278854365185[/tweet]

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Atradees":3hn1b3gs said:
That dude is huge and ugly. I like it. I am so praying for the Solari magic. A one dimensional line would be a vast improvement.
I laughed at your first two sentences for a good solid 45 seconds.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Hard to be down on this signing, outside of replacing brown or britt, it was hard for this line to go backwards at all so yay huge signing.