Seahawks sign offensive lineman DJ Fluker

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

12forlife

Reaction score
vin.couve12":xl07ei22 said:
Again, I'd like to see Beavers get a shot at LG. It would be the biggest, strongest OL we've had since forever. I got really, really tired of watching those 6'6 ballerina twinkle toes gaurds literally just get shoved out of the way like a rag doll last year. Joekel and Pocic were just bad. Both of them severely lacking strength to play in the interior. Maybe Pocic puts on a lot of muscle, but I think he's the backup RT at this point who can play gaurd in a pinch. Dude needs to hit the weights as bad as Fant did.

Amen!! Although it has been stated that Pocic has been bulking up, I would like to see what he has to offer @ C. If he can show he has what it takes to start, then trade Britt for a draft pick. It would be nice to land a true stud in the draft, there is some solid interior lineman in this draft, with our draft capital being so poor in the early rounds, and probably having to trade down, unlikely to happen (my pipe dream), I wish we could land Isaiah Wynn & Nick Chubb :drool: . Our run game would once again be a strength.

LT - Brown
LG - Wynn
C - Britt / Pocic
RG - Fluker
RT - Ifedi

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Do we know yet what Fluker's contract looks like? I'm going to throw my computer through a window if it looks anything like Joeckel's did last year. What a joke that was.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
IBleedBlueAndGreen":7uro4g75 said:
Do we know yet what Fluker's contract looks like? I'm going to throw my computer through a window if it looks anything like Joeckel's did last year. What a joke that was.

Not yet.

My best guess is $3-4M.

Jville

Reaction score
Good informative interview and background from Paul Dottino, of WFAN who covers the New York Giants gives some insight on Mike Solari and DJ Fluker who are new to the Seahawks organization. >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10028938&sid=1014&n=Bob%2C+Groz+and+Tom[/urltargetblank]

Boy ...... watching Fluker is going to be fun.

Frozenropers

Reaction score
Jville":10h0jiqr said:
Good informative interview and background from Paul Dottino, of WFAN who covers the New York Giants gives some insight on Mike Solari and DJ Fluker who are new to the Seahawks organization. >>> [urltargetblank]http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/podcast_player/?a=10028938&sid=1014&n=Bob%2C+Groz+and+Tom[/urltargetblank]

Boy ...... watching Fluker is going to be fun.

Wow! That guy from NY makes Fluker sound like a road grader. Should be fun to watch him.

I think it might be fun to run right at Aaron Donald 20 plays a game against the Rams and watch him and Fluker go at it.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3gy8092y said:
Sorry to hear about your brother Seymour.

Thank you for the kind thoughts all. Another Hawk fan down cheering from above. RIP brother Craig.

Attachments

• Flag-800.jpg
    Flag-800.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,391
OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Was thinking of you last night, Seymour.

Hope your brother got a great sendoff. As I said in my PM, always here for a chat.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Seymour":2p5arx5g said:
SoulfishHawk":2p5arx5g said:
Sorry to hear about your brother Seymour.

Thank you for the kind thoughts all. Another Hawk fan down cheering from above. RIP brother Craig.

Hand Salute!

R.I.P.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Stay strong and hang in there Seymour. So sorry to hear about your brother. RIP.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Great looking deal for us.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvanonHB/status/978316506911031298[/tweet]

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Thats a good looking deal. I thought it would be more.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
+1, surprised it's that low. Now hopefully he plays well and it makes up a little for the horrific Joekel signing last year :shock:

toffee

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":k0881pkb said:
+1, surprised it's that low. Now hopefully he plays well and it makes up a little for the horrific Joekel signing last year :shock:

Luke the "best guard in the league" Joeckel might have to sign for league minimum this season just so he remains in the league. So far he is a free agent and no suitors.

adeltaY

Reaction score
toffee":1ujhyey5 said:
SoulfishHawk":1ujhyey5 said:

Luke the "best guard in the league" Joeckel might have to sign for league minimum this season just so he remains in the league. So far he is a free agent and no suitors.

Yeah I've been wondering what was up with Joeckel. Sad that we signed him for so much and after he played for us no one has signed him yet. Oh well.

Fluker-wise, that seems like one heck of a bargain signing. Not much downside, if any.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
I’m amazed he went for a deal like that.

With the offensive lineman problem this league has you’d struggle to convince me that another team wouldn’t have paid him more than this.

He must really want to be here (with Solari). Good for him, hope he works out.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Seems like the first good OL move, cap-wise, in a while.