Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":x8xji882 said:
vin.couve12":x8xji882 said:
Earl Thomas just isn't as valued as beleived by most Hawks fans in particular and, in fact, he isn't as contractually as valuable as HE thinks he is.

Take the best offer and look to the future. Earl Thomas isn't winning you a superbowl. Particularly now without the LOB around him. Trade him before he hits the field.
Using your logic/words If you trade Earl, you might as well trade Bobby and KJ because you are not winning a Super Bowl with just those 2 main cogs left on defense. To be honest I think that would be the way to go if ET is traded as you gain a ton of cap space and draft picks.
KJ maybe. He's been attacked in coverage going on 2 and a half years now.

Wagner is a building block. A conerstone.

Earl is not.

12forlife

Reaction score
KJ maybe. He's been attacked in coverage going on 2 and a half years now.

Wagner is a building block. A conerstone.

Earl is not.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. Wags is the leader of our D. KJ has become a liability.

toffee

Reaction score
This waiting game is killin' me, step up already, you Cleveland and Dallas. Earl is a HOF calibre safety in his prime, sign him Cleveland, you need a star on your team.

12forlife

Reaction score
toffee":3je1il7u said:
This waiting game is killin' me, step up already, you Cleveland and Dallas. Earl is a HOF calibre safety in his prime, sign him Cleveland, you need a star on your team.

Honestly can't believe we haven't heard rumors of Jacksonville, their D would be ridiculous with ET backing up their top tier cb's!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Thomas said. “So it’s a cut-throat league, but if you’re at the top of your game and you don’t give them any reasons to devalue, you’re good. That’s just how I look at it.”

He's right. I like his honesty, I think he would still dominate if we don't trade him. Safe play for us is to get as much as we can. Going to take $$$$ to lock him up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sdog1981

Reaction score
If we look at Earl Thomas and compare him to Ed Reed both players had similar size and durability. Reed lasted ten seasons as a top safety. So looking at it that way if the Seahawks can lock him up for three more seasons 18,19,20 then let him walk like the Ravens did with Reed.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sdog1981":33kwzan9 said:
If we look at Earl Thomas and compare him to Ed Reed both players had similar size and durability. Reed lasted ten seasons as a top safety. So looking at it that way if the Seahawks can lock him up for three more seasons 18,19,20 then let him walk like the Ravens did with Reed.
That’s what I would do.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Not sure if posted in another thread, but:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Earl_Thomas/status/977569769984593920[/tweet]

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
adeltaY":1tqu592z said:

I think this deserves its own thread. Not the bottom of page 3 of some thread of what the Cowboys may or may not want to give up for him.

toffee

Reaction score
adeltaY":71ncnefr said:

Torn between two lovers, feelin' like a fool?
There's been another team that I've needed and I've loved
But that doesn't mean I love you less
And jerry knows he can't possess me and he knows no one never will
There's just this empty place inside of me that only Cowgirls can fill

So ready to dump the ole Hawks for that eternal love. Oooops the eternal love cowgirls but ain't loving back, not even the Browns when they desperately needed a safety. Now having to kiss up to the old Hawks, life sucks.

chris98251

Reaction score
He states one thing and then does damage control with another comment. Context is everything here, but there are a lot of indicators saying he isn't happy with things, he may want to be part of something that was like the original LOB and nostalgia and the fans may be jerking his chains a bit as well. With the release and injuries to his former team mates it may be a emotional time for him and being on the fence with his contract is probably not that unexpected. The reality of your career being over in a second has hit home for him twice now, Kam and Sherman and Avril as well as his own Broken Leg situation. He wants security and the money not only for his performance now but in the event something happens going forward. I think he also doesn't want to be in a full rebuild, he is used to winning and all our changes and unknowns are also creating some doubt with him.

toffee

Reaction score
Reality setting in, Cowgirls ain't paying, no other offers not even Browns. Now trying hard on a 180 deg to kiss up the Hawks, a team he was so ready to dump.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Earl would like to stay in Seattle and get paid $13 million per year. He just doesn't think that will happen.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":2eg6qfhj said:
NFL defensive players worth that kind of money? I'll pay 12 to 15 million per year for Von Miller, or Khalil Mack, or Aaron Donald -- guys that play up on the line and can get home and totally disrupt an offense...

Or maybe a top end corner who can take away one side of the field like Sherman or Peterson or Revis in their primes...

But not a safety.

It would be difficult to justify 13 million against the cap in this era if you had a Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, or Kenny Easley in their prime.... but you definitely can't pay 13 million per year for a battered 30 year old undersized safety who used to cover ground to the tune of 4.35 in the 40, but these days gets beat deep by receivers who run 4.5 and 4.6.....

Just sayin....

This is a valid point you make......What are his stats NOW? What is his cone? What is his 40? That makes a lot of difference too.....but I dont think anyone ever looks at that.....

toffee

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":12boi41w said:
NFL defensive players worth that kind of money? I'll pay 12 to 15 million per year for Von Miller, or Khalil Mack, or Aaron Donald -- guys that play up on the line and can get home and totally disrupt an offense...

Or maybe a top end corner who can take away one side of the field like Sherman or Peterson or Revis in their primes...

But not a safety.

It would be difficult to justify 13 million against the cap in this era if you had a Ronnie Lott, Ed Reed, or Kenny Easley in their prime.... but you definitely can't pay 13 million per year for a battered 30 year old undersized safety who used to cover ground to the tune of 4.35 in the 40, but these days gets beat deep by receivers who run 4.5 and 4.6.....

Just sayin....

Defensive player could worth that kind of money, but not Earl Thomas.

adeltaY

Reaction score
When has Earl been beaten deep by a slow WR? The one that sticks out to me this year is Will Fuller, but that dude is one of the fastest in the league.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Earl ran a 4.43. He got his 40 under 4.4 at the Texas pro day like every other UT player does. Marcus Johnson is obviously fast, but you never know with UT stop watches.

Earl is more quick than fast. His 40 time us faster in the first 20 than the latter. Sherm caught up to him a few years ago after he got beat. Sherm is a long strider though and his 40 is faster in the latter half after he gets those legs wound up.

Sometimes you have to look at a 40 a cut it up into sections to really get an idea of what you're looking at.