OFFICIAL 2018 Seahawks Schedule

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":3c5o0dx7 said:
I'd rather have games scheduled early when there's no chance that the games will be meaningless.

The opposite is also true though, if you schedule more home games early, then you have fewer home games to attend with a playoff type atmosphere. IMO, Late season games when making a run at the playoffs are MUCH more fun to attend than early season home games (with the exception of the home opener)

HawkGA

Reaction score
AgentDib":aoyaag93 said:
zchurch74":aoyaag93 said:
I'm not sure why everyone s so worried the lack of home games to start. If I remember right we were not very good at home last year anyways. The whole 12th man home field advantage is sort of gone. No one fears playing us at home any longer.
Home/away splits are very significant in the NFL for all teams. Even if you think the crowd factor in Seattle is completely gone, there's still the travel/time zone angle to consider. I expect an 8 point swing in the spread at the minimum (+4/-4) for Seattle next year and that translates to around 25% in Win Probability. That could easily be a swing of 2 games or so for starting 5 of 7 on the road. The home games on the back end will enable people to keep hope if we do fall behind early but I would personally much rather an even distribution.

Selfishly, I'd also much rather attend games at C-Link in September over December, and I'd rather have games scheduled early when there's no chance that the games will be meaningless.

Pretty sure Vegas does +3 for home field advantage.

Jeremy517

Reaction score
If anyone still thinks this is a rough schedule, keep in mind that we could have lost a home game to London.

Oakland has now lost home games to international cities in four of the last five years. The Rams lose a home game this year and have lost a home game in three straight years.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jeremy517":3e7k57hd said:
If anyone still thinks this is a rough schedule, keep in mind that we could have lost a home game to London.

Oakland has now lost home games to international cities in four of the last five years. The Rams lose a home game this year and have lost a home game in three straight years.

Both of those teams volunteered due to their stadium issues, because they can make substantially more money in London than they can at their home games. Once they are in new stadiums, I doubt you'll see them volunteering for those games much (if at all).

RedAlice

Reaction score
kidhawk":3g2piu1v said:
Jeremy517":3g2piu1v said:

Both of those teams volunteered due to their stadium issues, because they can make substantially more money in London than they can at their home games. Once they are in new stadiums, I doubt you'll see them volunteering for those games much (if at all).

Actually, the reason is more complex than that. It's not like they just said, hey! We can make more money in London.

Teams moving cities are required to have an international game each year until they are in their new stadium. Rams have been doing this every year while at the Coliseum, Chargers now have to as well. They moved later than the schedule was made last year. Chargers and Rams will also have one next year. And Raiders until their stadium is built.

Rams play in Mexico City this year instead of London, and political environment allowing, possibly play in China next year.

To add for the Rams, Kroenke made a three year deal to host a home game in London while Rams were in STL. I think he did it both out of spite, and yes - to expand his brand nationally. STL got pissed and forced a cancellation of this. This was at the beginning of the STL-Kroenke hatred.

I've no clue on Mark Davis or Raiders past reasons, but it's probably similar to Kroenke.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
RedAlice":18wvjiw9 said:
kidhawk":18wvjiw9 said:
Jeremy517":18wvjiw9 said:

Actually, the reason is more complex than that. It's not like they just said, hey! We can make more money in London.

Teams moving cities are required to have an international game each year until they are in their new stadium. Rams have been doing this every year while at the Coliseum, Chargers now have to as well. They moved later than the schedule was made last year. Chargers and Rams will also have one next year. And Raiders until their stadium is built.

Rams play in Mexico City this year instead of London, and political environment allowing, possibly play in China next year.

To add for the Rams, Kroenke made a three year deal to host a home game in London while Rams were in STL. I think he did it both out of spite, and yes - to expand his brand nationally. STL got pissed and forced a cancellation of this. This was at the beginning of the STL-Kroenke hatred.

I've no clue on Mark Davis or Raiders past reasons, but it's probably similar to Kroenke.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like it was the only reason. I was just trying to make the point that the Seahawks weren't currently in any real danger of having home games sent international.

RedAlice

Reaction score
You are correct! It sucks for the team and the fanbase.

Tho, there is about to be a derth of "voluntary" home hosts for these international games once Rams/Chargers are settled in their shiny new stadium in 2020, and whenever Raiders are (2021?).

Only team that normally volunteers is Jags.

So, I'm sure they will do something then that may involve forcing teams into it. Not sure how that will be handled.

RedAlice

Reaction score
AKNFidel":ud791ng6 said:
We play both 49ers games in December with only one week in between???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's weirder is that Hawks and Rams don't play in December.

How long since that has happened?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
RedAlice":6mz8330c said:
AKNFidel":6mz8330c said:
We play both 49ers games in December with only one week in between???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What's weirder is that Hawks and Rams don't play in December.

How long since that has happened?

A very long time. Maybe they are considering you guys contenders and we are not worth the hassle any more. :stirthepot:

Hope you are having a great year so far.

ptisme

Reaction score
Gibbo":23660598 said:
Oh man that’s tough.

Coming off the Rams then going into the GB game in a short week could be really taxing.
You must be kidding? It's hard enough playing in the C-Link but making GB travel out west to play there on a short week is an obvious advantage for the Seahawks... You have a MUCH better advantage playing GB on a short week at home...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the Rams have a tendency to knock the snot out of a team. And having to play 4 days later, even at home, is gonna' be very tough.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1tr8ei14 said:
If there was the year to eat a tough schedule for this squad, I suppose this is the one

Exactly. I've had high expectations of this team for a long time, and now it's about developing young talent and establishing a new core for the team. Throw in not one but two new coordinators and my expectations were 8-8 at best. It won't get us into the playoffs, so if we can establish some continuity and a new competitive atmosphere...I could care less if they win 5 games as long as they build something.

Plus, 8-8 and missing the playoffs, or 5-11 and missing the playoffs. I'll take the latter with the better draft position.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I like to take the season one step at a time. ie. Let's see what we have after a few Pre-season games. We all know that an upgraded running game is Goal #1 for the Offense.
That stated, the first six games are "brutal" as the Hawks have traditionally started slowly. If we were 3-3 at the BYE,
then I would be pleasantly surprised. :D

Fade

Reaction score
Win the first 2 games against two sub .500 teams on the road, and all of a sudden the schedule becomes amazing.

With only a couple of nitpicks being getting the Rams on Sunday night one of the weeks instead of KC week 16. That game has a high probability of being flexed in favor of a conference game with major playoff implications.

Playing Carolina at 10 AM. That is it.

Seattle overall has a very favorable schedule if given the caveat.

Seattle never leaves the Pacific Time Zone beginning in late October, but one time --> Carolina, amazing.