6 days boys!

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
I would be happy if we went back to drafting guys who were very good college players who drink and breathe football. I don't care about measurables if they have a ton of character issues or take plays off etc.

Now I am not saying to take chances here or there but I feel like we have been taking everyone in the past few years that have glaring holes in their game and are not just solid football players.

My pipe dream would be if we could package our #18 and Earl to the Browns #4 and take Saquon Barkley if he is on the board. Never going to happen though.

So trade down and take Dallas Goedert from South Dakota State

AgentDib

Reaction score
I think there are a handful of top 10 guys who I would be happy with at 18, and *may* be available if 5 QBs get taken before us and then one guy slips. Barring that unlikely scenario, I'd much rather be picking multiple times in the second and third round this year.

Just look at the draft tiers yourself. At CB, for example, there is a ton of debate about Josh Jackson, Jaire Alexander, Carlton Davis, Mike Hughes, and Isaiah Oliver. If you look at five different "experts" you may see those guys in 5 completely different orders. If the Hawks feel the same way then I'd hate for them to stay at 18 and take one guy when they could get a guy from that same tier in the 2nd round. The same thing is also mostly true about OG, RB and WR this year so it makes a lot of sense for us to move down given our biggest needs right now.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Let’s assume the team decides to draft in the first round.

Who would you want them to pick?

For me:

@ 18 DT- Vita Vea

With a trade down:

OG- Isaiah Wynn
DT- Maurice Hurst

And if none of the above are available DE- Marcel Davenport.

Each of these players would help address areas of need and each may become difference makers.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping they trade down w/the Panthers, who desperately need a WR. And then we take a corner like Josh Jackson.
I doubt McGlinchey would be available at 18, but damn that would be a sweet pick up if they somehow didn't trade down. If somehow Lamar Jackson falls to 18, there's a good shot a team will want to trade up. Could get us some good picks in return.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2xjd3ypv said:
There will probably be a few of us in chat. Just thought I would throw that out there.

You could get hit by a bus tomorrow, don't assume you will be there.

I do hope ERIC H makes a visit.

:twisted: :3-1: :lol:

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Earl likely gone during/soon after Draft.

Big deals in the making...

HawkGA

Reaction score
Would love to see an irrational run on QBs. More good players fall that way.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23nr7zpn said:
33 HOURS, 16 MINUTES......... :irishdrinkers:

You mean 56 hours, unless you're excited to see Goodell tell everyone we've traded down for a 2nd and/or 3rd.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
There's at least two teams with 2second round picks. I could see a team like NE trading up with Seattle to 18 if there's a player there that they really like trading firsts with us a giving up one of there second round picks to do it. Earl will also be in play . So there's going to be more than one team Seattle can trade with Thursday and that could allow us to pick in the first and second round , with or without trading Earl. I wouldn't make that Browns trade unless they give us 33 and 35 there's to many great players in the first round especially around 18 for 33 and 64.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Interesting that it is on Fox this year....usually ESPN......for the first day. Enjoy.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2r98sge8 said:
Interesting that it is on Fox this year....usually ESPN......for the first day. Enjoy.

It's on ESPN too. And NFL Network. I love the draft, but having it on three channels is a bit much.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1lgl43yn said:
Seahawkfan80":1lgl43yn said:

It's on ESPN too. And NFL Network. I love the draft, but having it on three channels is a bit much.

Not of you still use these.

TV Indoor Antenna ZQ 012B