What is the craziest Seahawk stat ever?

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":1ezsov2a said:
"With the 16th pick in the 1991 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select.......Dan McGwire quarterback San Diego State."

The guy played in about ten games over four years and threw for two TDs.
The owner was a used-car saelsman from LA who was playing with the team like his toy, trying to move to LA. It was a nightmare scenario there for a while until Paul Allen came along and then it was truly a dream scenario.

sdog1981

Reaction score

Starting the season 5-2 then losing 4 straight before winning five straight beating both AFC and NFC champions during the season finishing 10-6 and still missing the playoffs.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sdog1981":20u46sgp said:

Starting the season 5-2 then losing 4 straight before winning five straight beating both AFC and NFC champions during the season finishing 10-6 and still missing the playoffs.

I'm certain that team would have won the Super Bowl if they'd made it into the playoffs.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
With the change to the rules following the 2013 season, Malcom Smith became the last NFL player to legally dunk a ball over the goalpost crossbar.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
This is sort of a Broncos stat, but it came as a direct result of how well our defense played:

In Super Bowl XLVIII, Peyton Manning set the Super Bowl record for completions (34), and the Broncos still managed only 8 points.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkGA":xenvjwlo said:
sdog1981":xenvjwlo said:

I'm certain that team would have won the Super Bowl if they'd made it into the playoffs.
Yep I think the same. Didn’t they beat both Super Bowl teams that year as well?

chris98251

Reaction score
I think it has to be to be the amount of rules and investigations done to try and shut up the 12th man from the Kingdome days to present.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
A.D.I.D.A.S.":3vzbhrn3 said:
"With the 16th pick in the 1991 NFL Draft the Seattle Seahawks select.......Dan McGwire quarterback San Diego State."

The guy played in about ten games over four years and threw for two TDs.

Yeah, but he was really tall the whole time.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2dvepk96 said:
HawkGA":2dvepk96 said:
sdog1981":2dvepk96 said:

NFC Champion Giants
AFC Champion Broncos

Superbowl = AFC champion vs NFC champion

olyfan63

Reaction score
sdog1981":pywqihxi said:
Sports Hernia":pywqihxi said:
HawkGA":pywqihxi said:
sdog1981":pywqihxi said:

NFC Champion Giants
AFC Champion Broncos

Superbowl = AFC champion vs NFC champion

I've always felt that way about the '86ers also. Glad so many other people see it the same way... That if they'd gotten into the playoffs they win the Owl.

I especially remember the thumping they put on the Cowboys on Thanksgiving day.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Jerhawk":k3j9juzt said:
Having the fastest score in Superbowl history, 12 seconds into the game with a safety.

Then scoring at the beginning of the second half, taking 12 seconds off the clock on a kick return

Beat me to it! After the 1st :12 safety I KNEW the football Gods were all wearing Seahawks jerseys. After Pussy Harvin ran that kick back in :12 I was CERTAIN.

enamel

Reaction score
5 straight years with a a game that ended in a score the NFL had never had before.

Hawks46

Reaction score
As up and down as our team has been, combined with the amount of years we've been mired in mediocrity......

for me it's our Monday Night Football record. Which is the best in the NFL. Don't ask me exactly what it is, because I'm on the road and too lazy to look it up.

I also think our overall prime time record is pretty damned good as well.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Since the first team in 1905, a combined record of 437-110-21 (77.21%).

The combine point differential (+8033) is greater than opponents scores against (7454).

Won two consecutive world cups (current) and have never finished lower than 4th in a World Cup.

Out of 22 international opponents, they are undefeated against 14.

Only 3 sides have won more than 10 games against them in that 113-year span (France, South Africa, Australia).

Between 2009 and 2017 they won 47 consecutive home matches.

Oh wait, that's the New Zealand All Blacks.