Seahawks asking for a 1st from the Cowboys for Earl

chris98251

Reaction score
Sure he's going to report till he isn't and traded, what were they going to say, if they said we are going to seek and listen to trade offers now it would undermine the value to put on him on draft day and going forward.

Oh and once again this is liars poker time. Pete saying we are planning on him being here and counting on him is also the kiss of death :)

original poster

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1zcmyhxa said:
Just listened to a Pete interview, however, and he wasn't normal vague Pete. Very definitive for normal corporate Pete speak BS. Sounds like he'll be a Hawk for this year at least. Stupid move given the reasons outlined above with the pass rush and an intact LOB, but whatever. Dumb, emotional decisions are part of life.

If only they were being recorded.

"We're counting on him" * WINK WINK*

toffee

Reaction score
rjas77":g82pe1f9 said:
RCATES":g82pe1f9 said:
If wouldn't surprise me if Hawks got hustled again and gave up Earl for a late 2nd. I can't think of a team who has been worse then Seattle on trades. If they get anything less then a 1st I'm done with this FO.

Bu-Bye cuz Earl is not worth a 1st...not saying it won't happen, but no way any GM in their right mind will offer such

Skill wise Earl is worthy of a first round pick, but no owner will take a risk on a player that will disrespect the team’s fan base, no GM will sign someone that will disloyal to the hand that feeds.

Earl dug his own grave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
adeltaY":37debpam said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/987127539112935424[/tweet]

I was listening to Brock and Salk (as I often do) coming into work this morning and I found myself agreeing with Salk again. To me, this appears to give John Schneider and the Hawks a bit more leverage as far as any potential trade is concerned (should they decide to go that route). Basically, Schneider can now in essence say ... I'm holding out for that 1st and 3rd Round picks. If I don't get what I want ... I'm basically going to take my toys and go home. And I really think that's pretty much his mentality at this point. If he gets what he wants in terms of trade value, he's fine with dealing him. If he doesn't, he really is fine with holding onto Earl. That's my take.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Whoopee!

Put this in the could care less file after all his public statements of wishing to hold out.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3igqmvbo said:
adeltaY":3igqmvbo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/987127539112935424[/tweet]

I was listening to Brock and Salk (as I often do) coming into work this morning and I found myself agreeing with Salk again. To me, this appears to give John Schneider and the Hawks a bit more leverage as far as any potential trade is concerned (should they decide to go that route). Basically, Schneider can now in essence say ... I'm holding out for that 1st and 3rd Round picks. If I don't get what I want ... I'm basically going to take my toys and go home. And I really think that's pretty much his mentality at this point. If he gets what he wants in terms of trade value, he's fine with dealing him. If he doesn't, he really is fine with holding onto Earl. That's my take.
Interesting. I'm basically tired of the subject. Going to Dead Man's Cove tomorrow, but am gonna play God of War and work through the next week...if he's gone then at least the carcass beating can stop.

chris98251

Reaction score
I am waiting, this is similar to the Joey Galloway situation. Last minute Jerry can't help himself and makes the trade, just need another team like ummm the Skins or Giants say they are looking at him.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The Seahawks gave up a 2nd/3rd for Duane Brown- 1.5 years left on deal, disgruntled hold out 4 years older than Earl.

It would be completely hypocritical for them to accept anything less for a player 4 years younger that still have the option to Tag or pay and make the highest paid safety.

If they tag earl next year they still get 2 years at a decent price plus comp.

He aint leaving here for anything less than a 1.

toffee

Reaction score
lukerguy":1846k0fn said:
The Seahawks gave up a 2nd/3rd for Duane Brown- 1.5 years left on deal, disgruntled hold out 4 years older than Earl.

It would be completely hypocritical for them to accept anything less for a player 4 years younger that still have the option to Tag or pay and make the highest paid safety.

Earl should have been traded by now and gotten his long term contract, Hawks should have gotten the draft picks and cap relief. None is happening because Earl’s act of pimping himself in Cowgirls’ locker room.

No ownership or GM could willingly sign someone who WILL insult the fans and disrespect the team. Jerry has all the leverage and is enjoying the clown show.

lukerguy

Reaction score
toffee":25gb0l8h said:
lukerguy":25gb0l8h said:

Earl should have been traded by now and gotten his long term contract, Hawks should have gotten the draft picks and cap relief. None is happening because Earl’s act of pimping himself in Cowgirls’ locker room.

No ownership or GM could willingly sign someone who WILL insult the fans and disrespect the team. Jerry has all the leverage and is enjoying the clown show.

Man, one missed playoff season and fans turn into this... SMH

Earl didn't disrespect anyone and we shouldn't have traded him coming off of a broken leg.. The year before that Hawks were just coming off of a divisional loss and 2 years removed from a SB loss.. You going to trade Earl with one of the best contracts in the league at age 25/26?

C'mon man, listen to yourself. There's no rationale here.

I will admit they missed their window with Sherman last off season and thought that if they could have gotten a 1st for him, they should have, but not Earl at his age, contract, and impact.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
toffee":1q915f29 said:
lukerguy":1q915f29 said:

Jerruh has actually has very little leverage. For the ten millionth time Seattle DOESN’T HAVE TO TRADE ET.
Play out the year then the 2 years of franchise. Does Jerruh want him now “when HE THINKS his super bowl window is open” or wait until ET is 3 years older with 3 more years of NFL miles on ET’s body, when *allas’s window will definitely be shut?

If he wants him, he needs to pay Seattle’s price or no ET for him. It really is that simple IMHO. ....or he can wait and get a broken down ET in 2021 when he has a 6-10, 7-9 team.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
lukerguy":1uymjx9z said:
toffee":1uymjx9z said:
lukerguy":1uymjx9z said:

Man, one missed playoff season and fans turn into this... SMH

Earl didn't disrespect anyone and we shouldn't have traded him coming off of a broken leg.. The year before that Hawks were just coming off of a divisional loss and 2 years removed from a SB loss.. You going to trade Earl with one of the best contracts in the league at age 25/26?

C'mon man, listen to yourself. There's no rationale here.

I will admit they missed their window with Sherman last off season and thought that if they could have gotten a 1st for him, they should have, but not Earl at his age, contract, and impact.

Yep, a lot of “jilted lovers complex” in this thread.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":33ynzlar said:
I for one want them to keep him. He's the heart of that D, and has been for a long time.

Im indifferent.

Will be happy if he stays, wouldn't mind the draft picks from Cleveland

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Def can see both sides. We don't really know what is truly going on behind closed doors. But IF he's asking for 14 plus mil a year, that just isn't doable imo.

OP
OP
H

HawkGA

Reaction score
We are coming to crunch time. I can't imagine a trade being done at the draft so I would think it would done today, tomorrow, of the next day.

Exit question: assume a 1 is off the table. What else would be acceptable? a 2 and a 3? A 1 next year and a 3 this year?

original poster

Reaction score
HawkGA":1xres8ha said:
We are coming to crunch time. I can't imagine a trade being done at the draft so I would think it would done today, tomorrow, of the next day.

Exit question: assume a 1 is off the table. What else would be acceptable? a 2 and a 3? A 1 next year and a 3 this year?

I was dead against the idea that it's possible a trade occurs on draft night.

It's becoming more and more likely, though.

If it is Dallas, it makes no sense to announce the trade beforehand.

I think it'll be for #50, #116 and a 2019 pick.

lukerguy

Reaction score
For the record, I'm not opposed to trading Earl, but I just want to make to clarifications to that:
1) His post-Cowboys game "come get me" didn't bother me at all. I don't think that's the reason he should be traded.
2) You either trade him now, or you plan to keep him for the next 4+ years as a cornerstone and pay him top dollar. I'm not opposed to this either because he's such an emotional leader. Remember when he got mad other players for eating sunflower seeds? He's not like Sherm and MB who are jokers ; he means focus all the time. Durability is a concern.
3) If..If.. If.. you decide you want to go younger and move on from him, now is the time to do it. Don't play the franchise tag game, etc. Do it now, and get a 1st+... if you can't get a 1st value.. don't move him.

AgentDib

Reaction score
lukerguy":3e14jm3x said:
2) You either trade him now, or you plan to keep him for the next 4+ years as a cornerstone and pay him top dollar. I'm not opposed to this either because he's such an emotional leader... if you can't get a 1st value.. don't move him.
What would you do if we can't get a 1st for Earl and he's also asking for a 4 yr $60m contract with $40m+ guaranteed?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
AgentDib":oho3lcle said:
lukerguy":oho3lcle said:
2) You either trade him now, or you plan to keep him for the next 4+ years as a cornerstone and pay him top dollar. I'm not opposed to this either because he's such an emotional leader... if you can't get a 1st value.. don't move him.
What would you do if we can't get a 1st for Earl and he's also asking for a 4 yr $60m contract with $40m+ guaranteed?
Play out this year, franchise, then franchise him the year after. It really is that simple.
What people don’t seem to get is asking and getting are 2 different things. I want to make a million dollars a year at my current job, guess what? that’s not happening either!