Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

POLL: Over/Under 8 Wins

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Will the Seahawks win more than 8 games?

Seahawks will win OVER 8 games
77%
Seahawks will win 8 games or less
23%

Total votes : 109

Mon May 14, 2018 1:33 pm
  • The odds makers have set the over/under for the Seahawks win total at 8 or 8.5, depending on where you look. BetOnline recently had it at 8.5.

For me, any season in which we are not in the playoffs, competing for another Super Bowl championship, is a failure of a season. But in terms of pure win total, 9+ wins would be beating the current odds.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Re: POLL: Over/Under 8 Wins
Mon May 14, 2018 3:10 pm
  • Every year I pull the schedule and quickly go thru and indicated W/L. I had us only losing 3. But just like every year I take some time reconsidering my selections.

This year it took a lot more time. How do we gauge our strength? Last year I had us going 6-0 against divisional rivals and initially we were 4-0 but then the infamous Rams game and the Cards took us at home. That pretty much shattered my confidence.

Now a lot of changes have happened this off season. Coaching staff was a significant improvement imo but player wise we seriously down graded. I under estimated PC's early success so I'm not counting out this team. We start with 2 away games (Broncs and Bears). If that goes well it may lead to good things.

I'm not even sure how to determine the division. I expect home revenge for the 1st Rams meeting. And is SF really on the rise? I don't expect AZ to do well.
    Choices and actions build character & content of character, matters.
    sprhawk73
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon May 14, 2018 3:31 pm
  • I generally like to believe we'll always be in the playoffs at this time of the year. Of course that opinion can change for the better or worse once pre season games get underway.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon May 14, 2018 3:32 pm
  • Everyone keeps talking about how the Hawks do not have the talent. How the hell do they know that. Nobody has seen a lot of these guys play in the NFL. PCJS have only have had one season in which they finished under .500, the first one. I doubt that changes now. And btw, it isn't your place to say a season is a failure if they don't win a Superbowl. That is b.s. You are a fan, you have put zero work into an NFL season. For a fan to sit back and call players that have put countless hours of work, plus blood sweat and tears into a season, failures, should have their "cards" pulled. This"anything short of a Superbowl" mentality is one that should be earned by playing the game, not sitting on the couch. Have some damn respect.
    Jimjones0384
    NET Veteran

Mon May 14, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

7-9 or 8-8 this season in my opinion. Schedule looks brutal.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Mon May 14, 2018 8:13 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

I could be wrong but I think Vegas NAILED this line.
    I see the Hawks @ 7-9 to 9-7.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 pm
  • So many new pieces it is hard to predict the outcome. I think our division will be more competitive this year. My expectations are lower than resent seasons, but I would like to see 8-8 or better. I wouldn't be shocked with less wins, nor would I with more. Will keep watching either way.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Mon May 14, 2018 10:58 pm
  • MrThortan wrote:So many new pieces it is hard to predict the outcome. I think our division will be more competitive this year. My expectations are lower than resent seasons, but I would like to see 8-8 or better. I wouldn't be shocked with less wins, nor would I with more. Will keep watching either way.

:ditto:
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Practice Squad

Mon May 14, 2018 11:46 pm
  • 9-7 or 10-6
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 12:34 am
  • I can honestly see anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6.

I'd be more than happy with 6-10, however.

The thing to bear in mind with this season is that the team is on an upward trajectory again rather than a slow decline, that is the most important aspect IMO.

I'd honestly be fine with 2-14, this season can be used to get their feet on the ground with the new coaches, discover some new superstars and just start heading in the right direction.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 15, 2018 4:05 am
  • I think any record this year is fine, let's rebuild and see what we have. But if I had to guess, somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain.
    HawksSoc
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 5:55 am
  • Jimjones0384 wrote:Everyone keeps talking about how the Hawks do not have the talent. How the hell do they know that. Nobody has seen a lot of these guys play in the NFL. PCJS have only have had one season in which they finished under .500, the first one. I doubt that changes now. And btw, it isn't your place to say a season is a failure if they don't win a Superbowl. That is b.s. You are a fan, you have put zero work into an NFL season. For a fan to sit back and call players that have put countless hours of work, plus blood sweat and tears into a season, failures, should have their "cards" pulled. This"anything short of a Superbowl" mentality is one that should be earned by playing the game, not sitting on the couch. Have some damn respect.

I never said any of those things. Fyi.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:05 am
  • Way Too Early Predictions

Week 1: Sun. 9/9 at Denver Broncos W
    Week 2: Mon. 9/17 at Chicago Bears W
    Week 3: Sun. 9/23 vs Dallas Cowboys W
    Week 4: Sun. 9/30 at Arizona Cardinals W
    Week 5: Sun. 10/7 vs Los Angeles Rams W
    Week 6: Sun. 10/14 at Oakland Raiders (London) W
    Week 7: Sun. 10/21 BYE
    Week 8: Sun. 10/28 at Detroit Lions W
    Week 9: Sun. 11/4 vs Los Angeles Chargers W
    Week 10: Sun. 11/11 at Los Angeles Rams L
    Week 11: Thu. 11/15 vs Green Bay Packers L
    Week 12: Sun. 11/25 at Carolina Panthers W
    Week 13: Sun. 12/2 vs San Francisco 49ers W
    Week 14: Mon. 12/10 vs Minnesota Vikings L
    Week 15: Sun. 12/16 at San Francisco 49ers W
    Week 16: Sun. 12/23 vs Kansas City Chiefs W
    Week 17: Sun. 12/30 vs Arizona Cardinals W

13-3, NFC West title, first round bye, Russell Wilson MVP

8)

Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.
    Last edited by hawknation2018 on Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:15 am
  • Sure...or we lose Wilson to a Chubb - Von Miller smash first game and this season becomes an "O for". If I had to bet my house I'd go under based on all the change in staff coupled with the lack of change in personnel at the OL positions.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:18 am
  • Every year I try to predict W/L record.

Every year we win one or two that I thought we would lose, every year we lose one or two that I thought we would win.

I’m never 100% correct.

IMHO, the bookmakers are probably fairly accurate on this.

My prediction is....

We’ll end up within a game +/- of 8/8.

If I were going to place a bet, I’d go OVER on the 8-8 because that would make me happy, not because I truly expect it.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 am
  • I honestly think the overreaction I've seen on the defensive side of the ball is a bit much. Yes, some talented players are gone but the defense is basically the same as the last few weeks of last year. Plus, I think guys like Dion Jordan and Mingo will get legit shots at reaching their potential under this staff. Couple that with Pete taking the reigns back on defense, Shaq having a full offseason learning from Pete, and a bunch of hungry guys wanting to take a starting spot. I think they should remain in the top 10. Get Russell a running game and the offense should fix itself, at least to the point where they can move the ball in the first 3 quarters.

The Rams going all in this year likely gets them the NFCW title but I have a feeling this team will surprise a lot of people and only get better. Wild card 9-10 win season doesn't seem like a stretch. Much needed flush of the roster happened and they seem primed to make a big jump in 2019.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:40 am
  • The team was 9-7 last season with zero running game, all sorts of injury problems, a weak OLine coach, a clueless OC, several aggitators on the roster who were into themselves rather than their team, and a head case kicker who lost the team two games and contributed greatly to the loss of a 3rd game.

Even if there is only a mild improvement in OLine play, the running game, and our kicker does his job as expected 9-7 is easily possible and better than that within reach.

Sadly there were defensive lapses last year especially the disaster against the Rams but the team has a strong presence at DC this year who won’t tolerate selfish non-assignment correct play. Even an incremental improvement should result in a better record than materially worse than last season.

Of course time will tell.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 am
  • For all the doom and gloom earlier in the offseason, I’m truly surprised that 80% are going with the over.
    naholmes
    NET Starter

Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 am
  • naholmes wrote:For all the doom and gloom earlier in the offseason, I’m truly surprised that 80% are going with the over.

Times are changing. : :D
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 15, 2018 7:12 am
  • Vegas is correct about the expected value of wins but the uncertainty is high. My MC projections are still a work in progress this season but given the current Vegas lines and a static Pythag win % approach our 90% confidence interval includes anywhere from 5 to 13 wins. With a random walk element to Pythag (ie. injury outcomes) that range only widens, and even 15 wins is plausible with a casual walk element (ie. week 1 results impact week 2 probabilities).
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 7:31 am
  • This off-season does have a 2012 feel to it. Lowest expectations since that time, to be sure, coming off the only other season in the Carroll era in which the Seahawks missed the playoffs.

Strengths: New common-sense play caller, who promises to resuscitate the run game and play to team strengths, Russell Wilson is a Top 5 QB, best offensive line personnel since 2014, new OL Coach devoted to teaching fundamentals, several promising running backs and fullbacks, Doug Baldwin and lots of WR speed, a solid looking starting defense, Bobby Wagner & Earl Thomas are two of the best in the game, Ken Norton is back to light a fire under everyone, low expectations lead to “chip on shoulder” underdog mentality of the bygone days, more physical play on both sides of the balll, every victory is precious.

Weaknesses: Uncertainiry due to off-season changes, Rams & Niners cause headaches, loss of Jimmy Graham and lack of big WR manifest red zone scoring issues, injuries expose depth concerns at WR, LB and DB, offensive line fails to improve as much as expected with lack of athleticism at guard spots and Germain Ifedi shoehorned at RT, injuries and inconsistency at RB continue.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 8:24 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Way Too Early Predictions

Week 1: Sun. 9/9 at Denver Broncos W
    Week 2: Mon. 9/17 at Chicago Bears W
    Week 3: Sun. 9/23 vs Dallas Cowboys W
    Week 4: Sun. 9/30 at Arizona Cardinals W
    Week 5: Sun. 10/7 vs Los Angeles Rams W
    Week 6: Sun. 10/14 at Oakland Raiders (London) W
    Week 7: Sun. 10/21 BYE
    Week 8: Sun. 10/28 at Detroit Lions W
    Week 9: Sun. 11/4 vs Los Angeles Chargers W
    Week 10: Sun. 11/11 at Los Angeles Rams L
    Week 11: Thu. 11/15 vs Green Bay Packers L
    Week 12: Sun. 11/25 at Carolina Panthers W
    Week 13: Sun. 12/2 vs San Francisco 49ers W
    Week 14: Mon. 12/10 vs Minnesota Vikings L
    Week 15: Sun. 12/16 at San Francisco 49ers W
    Week 16: Sun. 12/23 vs Kansas City Chiefs W
    Week 17: Sun. 12/30 vs Arizona Cardinals W

13-3, NFC West title, first round bye, Russell Wilson MVP

8)

Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.

You picked em exactly the same as my first pass
    Choices and actions build character & content of character, matters.
    sprhawk73
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue May 15, 2018 8:37 am
  • 9-7 is my most likely prediction. 6-10/7-9 is just as possible if injuries come into play.

A "reload" year. There will be signs of what is to come but it's going to take another year or more to get back to where we want to be.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue May 15, 2018 9:04 am
  • If everyone stays healthy 6-10 at best. We got significantly worse on both sides of the ball this year and went 9-7 last year. With a schedule that I consider miles harder then last year/ new coaching staff and the ridiculous amount of traveling the team has to do which has caused problems in years past. Wish I had the optimism some of you have but I'm a realist.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 am
  • Shocker
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 pm
  • Over.

If Seahawks still had Haushka, they most likely go 12-4 last year. Right now I think this is a 9-7 or 10-6 team. Need to get over the Cardinals hump at home.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 1:17 pm
  • RCATES wrote:If everyone stays healthy 6-10 at best. We got significantly worse on both sides of the ball this year and went 9-7 last year. With a schedule that I consider miles harder then last year/ new coaching staff and the ridiculous amount of traveling the team has to do which has caused problems in years past. Wish I had the optimism some of you have but I'm a realist.

You might wanna look up the word "realist". A realist would NOT say Hasselbeck is twice the QB as Wilson when the numbers clearly show near the exact opposite to be true. :idea:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm
  • Aros wrote:9-7 is my most likely prediction. 6-10/7-9 is just as possible if injuries come into play.

A "reload" year. There will be signs of what is to come but it's going to take another year or more to get back to where we want to be.

Yeah us non Gen Xers and Millennials call that a "REBUILD"

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm
  • Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.

Is it a realistic thought that if these four-day weeks/injuries continue there will be problems? There was chatter about them voting in that they be only adjacent to a bye, which still kind of sucks as it makes the entire league's bye-week shorter. Might it also soon be realistic strategy to play entirely with 2nd 3rd and 4th stringers, and rest the starters on short weeks?
    SNDavidson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 6:29 pm
  • Of course, over 8 wins. If we can run, it will fix all things...pretty much.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm
  • 11 and 5.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

Tue May 15, 2018 11:32 pm
  • I think your team can win more than 8 games. But it depends on which key players stay healthy. If your O Line can block pretty well you will do well. Penny can run very well if your O Line holds up. Wilson will do well if he stays healthy. You lost a few guys on defense. But I think you can do better than expected. The expectations are pretty low. There are still some good parts on this team and some great new additions too. I would expect them to surprise the experts and do better than expected.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Yeah us non Gen Xers and Millennials call that a "REBUILD"

I try not to get caught up in semantics.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed May 16, 2018 3:35 pm
  • Seymour wrote:
    RCATES wrote:If everyone stays healthy 6-10 at best. We got significantly worse on both sides of the ball this year and went 9-7 last year. With a schedule that I consider miles harder then last year/ new coaching staff and the ridiculous amount of traveling the team has to do which has caused problems in years past. Wish I had the optimism some of you have but I'm a realist.

You might wanna look up the word "realist". A realist would NOT say Hasselbeck is twice the QB as Wilson when the numbers clearly show near the exact opposite to be true. :idea:

I've never spoken those words. Wilson is a good QB. I just don't think he's as good as 90% of our Fan base believes he is. The one's in the media that are agreeing with me have no internal Homer bias. They are just being real as am I. Not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.
    RCATES
    NET Starter

Wed May 16, 2018 4:39 pm
  • Why would anyone vote under ?
    beaumaris
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed May 16, 2018 5:08 pm
  • pittpnthrs wrote:Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

Agreed.

No answers for an awful offensive line, no playmakers on the perimeter and too many question marks on defense.

Our brain trust made some bad decisions over the past two seasons, and we’ll pay for it this year.
    ben@thetabs
    THE TABS
    * NET Staff Alumni *

Wed May 16, 2018 6:50 pm
  • THE TABS wrote:
    pittpnthrs wrote:Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

Agreed.

No answers for an awful offensive line, no playmakers on the perimeter and too many question marks on defense.

Our brain trust made some bad decisions over the past two seasons, and we’ll pay for it this year.

Well they didn't hire Mora back, thats a bonus right?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm
  • I've changed my mind.

12-4.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information