POLL: Over/Under 8 Wins

Will the Seahawks win more than 8 games?

• Seahawks will win OVER 8 games

Votes: 83 76.9%
  • Seahawks will win 8 games or less

Votes: 25 23.1%

• Total voters
OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
This off-season does have a 2012 feel to it. Lowest expectations since that time, to be sure, coming off the only other season in the Carroll era in which the Seahawks missed the playoffs.

Strengths: New common-sense play caller, who promises to resuscitate the run game and play to team strengths, Russell Wilson is a Top 5 QB, best offensive line personnel since 2014, new OL Coach devoted to teaching fundamentals, several promising running backs and fullbacks, Doug Baldwin and lots of WR speed, a solid looking starting defense, Bobby Wagner & Earl Thomas are two of the best in the game, Ken Norton is back to light a fire under everyone, low expectations lead to “chip on shoulder” underdog mentality of the bygone days, more physical play on both sides of the balll, every victory is precious.

Weaknesses: Uncertainiry due to off-season changes, Rams & Niners cause headaches, loss of Jimmy Graham and lack of big WR manifest red zone scoring issues, injuries expose depth concerns at WR, LB and DB, offensive line fails to improve as much as expected with lack of athleticism at guard spots and Germain Ifedi shoehorned at RT, injuries and inconsistency at RB continue.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
hawknation2018":128eo598 said:
Way Too Early Predictions

Week 1: Sun. 9/9 at Denver Broncos W
Week 2: Mon. 9/17 at Chicago Bears W
Week 3: Sun. 9/23 vs Dallas Cowboys W
Week 4: Sun. 9/30 at Arizona Cardinals W
Week 5: Sun. 10/7 vs Los Angeles Rams W
Week 6: Sun. 10/14 at Oakland Raiders (London) W
Week 7: Sun. 10/21 BYE
Week 8: Sun. 10/28 at Detroit Lions W
Week 9: Sun. 11/4 vs Los Angeles Chargers W
Week 10: Sun. 11/11 at Los Angeles Rams L
Week 11: Thu. 11/15 vs Green Bay Packers L
Week 12: Sun. 11/25 at Carolina Panthers W
Week 13: Sun. 12/2 vs San Francisco 49ers W
Week 14: Mon. 12/10 vs Minnesota Vikings L
Week 15: Sun. 12/16 at San Francisco 49ers W
Week 16: Sun. 12/23 vs Kansas City Chiefs W
Week 17: Sun. 12/30 vs Arizona Cardinals W

13-3, NFC West title, first round bye, Russell Wilson MVP

8)

Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.

You picked em exactly the same as my first pass

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
9-7 is my most likely prediction. 6-10/7-9 is just as possible if injuries come into play.

A "reload" year. There will be signs of what is to come but it's going to take another year or more to get back to where we want to be.

RCATES

Reaction score
If everyone stays healthy 6-10 at best. We got significantly worse on both sides of the ball this year and went 9-7 last year. With a schedule that I consider miles harder then last year/ new coaching staff and the ridiculous amount of traveling the team has to do which has caused problems in years past. Wish I had the optimism some of you have but I'm a realist.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Over.

If Seahawks still had Haushka, they most likely go 12-4 last year. Right now I think this is a 9-7 or 10-6 team. Need to get over the Cardinals hump at home.

Seymour

Reaction score
RCATES":rxwseiam said:
If everyone stays healthy 6-10 at best. We got significantly worse on both sides of the ball this year and went 9-7 last year. With a schedule that I consider miles harder then last year/ new coaching staff and the ridiculous amount of traveling the team has to do which has caused problems in years past. Wish I had the optimism some of you have but I'm a realist.

You might wanna look up the word "realist". A realist would NOT say Hasselbeck is twice the QB as Wilson when the numbers clearly show near the exact opposite to be true. :idea:

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":1z77yve3 said:
9-7 is my most likely prediction. 6-10/7-9 is just as possible if injuries come into play.

A "reload" year. There will be signs of what is to come but it's going to take another year or more to get back to where we want to be.

Yeah us non Gen Xers and Millennials call that a "REBUILD"

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.

Is it a realistic thought that if these four-day weeks/injuries continue there will be problems? There was chatter about them voting in that they be only adjacent to a bye, which still kind of sucks as it makes the entire league's bye-week shorter. Might it also soon be realistic strategy to play entirely with 2nd 3rd and 4th stringers, and rest the starters on short weeks?

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
Of course, over 8 wins. If we can run, it will fix all things...pretty much.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
I think your team can win more than 8 games. But it depends on which key players stay healthy. If your O Line can block pretty well you will do well. Penny can run very well if your O Line holds up. Wilson will do well if he stays healthy. You lost a few guys on defense. But I think you can do better than expected. The expectations are pretty low. There are still some good parts on this team and some great new additions too. I would expect them to surprise the experts and do better than expected.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
chris98251":ycogtcwy said:
Yeah us non Gen Xers and Millennials call that a "REBUILD"

I try not to get caught up in semantics.

RCATES

Reaction score
Seymour":300dnipg said:
RCATES":300dnipg said:

You might wanna look up the word "realist". A realist would NOT say Hasselbeck is twice the QB as Wilson when the numbers clearly show near the exact opposite to be true. :idea:

I've never spoken those words. Wilson is a good QB. I just don't think he's as good as 90% of our Fan base believes he is. The one's in the media that are agreeing with me have no internal Homer bias. They are just being real as am I. Not worth getting your panties in a bunch over.

THE TABS

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":orlpv7fd said:
Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

7-9 or 8-8 this season in my opinion. Schedule looks brutal.

Agreed.

No answers for an awful offensive line, no playmakers on the perimeter and too many question marks on defense.

Our brain trust made some bad decisions over the past two seasons, and we’ll pay for it this year.

chris98251

Reaction score
THE TABS":2vwsu4g3 said:
pittpnthrs":2vwsu4g3 said:
Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

7-9 or 8-8 this season in my opinion. Schedule looks brutal.

Agreed.

No answers for an awful offensive line, no playmakers on the perimeter and too many question marks on defense.

Our brain trust made some bad decisions over the past two seasons, and we’ll pay for it this year.

Well they didn't hire Mora back, thats a bonus right?

Latest posts