Wagner: A lot of people sleeping on the talent that we have

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6efrwtmm said:
Seymour":6efrwtmm said:
If Sherman is a leader, he is a piss poor one. Good leaders can admit wrong and make necessary change when needed. That is totally out of the question with Sherman. That and he lies his ass off when cornered and caught. People tend not to trust liars.

Sherman was a leader in the Lynch mode............fierce, brash and exactly the kind of vocal leader Pete needed on and off the field to help our defense and team establish an identity that we were going to punch you in the mouth, and then talk about it.

Which was great until we lost the SB to the Patriot's and some of the players like Lynch and Sherman started pointing that anger and volatility inwards towards the team, and were no longer pointing it outwards towards the media and other teams/players, etc.

So yes, Sherman can be a leader if he buys in, because he is a damn hard worker and no one plays harder to lead by example. But he's also a know it all who plays the victim when he gets caught in a lie. Which is why it was time for him to go, his play no longer warranted his mouth and poor attitude.

Agree. Problem with that type of fair weather leader is that when you need him the most, he fails and becomes part of the problem or a bigger problem than the problem itself.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":2e64v8qk said:
Sgt. Largent":2e64v8qk said:
Seymour":2e64v8qk said:
If Sherman is a leader, he is a piss poor one. Good leaders can admit wrong and make necessary change when needed. That is totally out of the question with Sherman. That and he lies his ass off when cornered and caught. People tend not to trust liars.

Sherman was a leader in the Lynch mode............fierce, brash and exactly the kind of vocal leader Pete needed on and off the field to help our defense and team establish an identity that we were going to punch you in the mouth, and then talk about it.

Which was great until we lost the SB to the Patriot's and some of the players like Lynch and Sherman started pointing that anger and volatility inwards towards the team, and were no longer pointing it outwards towards the media and other teams/players, etc.

So yes, Sherman can be a leader if he buys in, because he is a damn hard worker and no one plays harder to lead by example. But he's also a know it all who plays the victim when he gets caught in a lie. Which is why it was time for him to go, his play no longer warranted his mouth and poor attitude.

Agree. Problem with that type of fair weather leader is that when you need him the most, he fails and becomes part of the problem or a bigger problem than the problem itself.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawks85

Reaction score
Seymour":2ob3264d said:
Sounds like a whole new (old) kind of chip is building. This, the one hand man brothers, and the secret weapon game changing punter, and the too small of school RB are going to surprise some talking heads (brainless variety) types me thinks!! :2thumbs: :rumble:

I actually prefer being the underdog...It's what we know over the long haul! :irishdrinkers:
Yup, The last time we had a legit chip....well ask Denver what happened. jollywhopped.

toffee

Reaction score
hawks85":yx8a3o65 said:
Seymour":yx8a3o65 said:
Sounds like a whole new (old) kind of chip is building. This, the one hand man brothers, and the secret weapon game changing punter, and the too small of school RB are going to surprise some talking heads (brainless variety) types me thinks!! :2thumbs: :rumble:

I actually prefer being the underdog...It's what we know over the long haul! :irishdrinkers:
Yup, The last time we had a legit chip....well ask Denver what happened. jollywhopped.

This time it would be even sweeter .... heck, even at 8-8 we will be showing the national media a finger, 11-5? facial.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk