https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends ... since_2011

Win Percentage 2012-2017
1. New England (86-25-0) 77.7%
2. Seattle (73-34-1) 68.2%
3. Denver (69-35-0) 66.3%
4. Pittsburgh (64-39-0) 62.1%
5. Green Bay (63-42-1) 60.0%
https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/trends ... since_2011

Since 2010, Seattle has the 4th most wins.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Pete and John have got to go. We'll never get into the top echelons of this league with them at the helm.

Sigh.

strohmin

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":3ks37wqf said:
Pete and John have got to go. We'll never get into the top echelons of this league with them at the helm.

Sigh.

If they continued the same trend as the past 3 years without making adjustments then they would have had to go.

kf3339

Reaction score
If the Patriots had to go against tough opponents game after game they wouldn't even be on this list. They benefit by being in a very weak AFC east and conference in general.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
homerun1970":28yq84i4 said:
adeltaY":28yq84i4 said:
And the Pats with 31 more wins! Insane

21 more wins but weak division matters.
+ Strength of Schedule has been stacked in their favor.... East Coast Bias helps a bunch....ZERO jet lag....Deflated balls.

SchadenfreudeHawk

Reaction score
strohmin":3vlqlklf said:
Ad Hawk":3vlqlklf said:

Sigh.

If they continued the same trend as the past 3 years without making adjustments then they would have had to go.

Great point. Since 2015 (the year after we lost the Superbowl) we have the sixth best record. What Pete and John did for this franchise is amazing. Nothing but respect and gratitude. But we ( and Paul Allen) gotta live in the present. If this downward spiral continues we gotta move on.

adeltaY

Reaction score
scutterhawk":25cmipju said:
homerun1970":25cmipju said:
adeltaY":25cmipju said:

+ Strength of Schedule has been stacked in their favor.... East Coast Bias helps a bunch....ZERO jet lag....Deflated balls.

Wow I can't math. :mrgreen:

How has strength of Schedule been stacked in their favor? They win their division so they play three games against first place teams every year.

I do agree their division is weak. The only years the NFCW was bad when Pete has been here were in 2010 and 2016, and we won both those years, though our records weren't that great in either.

A.D.I.D.A.S.

Reaction score
scutterhawk":30o8rx6x said:
homerun1970":30o8rx6x said:
adeltaY":30o8rx6x said:

Except you are forgetting that the NFL schedule has been set up ten years in advance. I can tell you who the Seahawks are going to play in the 2019 season already, well 14 games anyway. Only TWO games a year are decided on where teams finish in their divisions. Do you think the Hawks had a hard time in the early/mid 2000s when the rest of the division couldn't even win 13 games combined? We basically got a free ride to the playoffs every year. Hell, they were division champs at 7-9.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
adeltaY":3rio7tfy said:
scutterhawk":3rio7tfy said:
homerun1970":3rio7tfy said:
adeltaY":3rio7tfy said:

How has strength of Schedule been stacked in their favor? They win their division so they play three games against first place teams every year.

I do agree their division is weak. The only years the NFCW was bad when Pete has been here were in 2010 and 2016, and we won both those years, though our records weren't that great in either.
When you play inferior teams in your division on a regular basis, you can come through without too many (if any) INJURIES, injuries that can hamper you in the playoffs, so facing some "first place teams" that haven't had the luxury of PLAYING AN EASY DIVISION RIVALS, and aren't fully healthy.
What teams do the Patriots have to play, where they must travel to play 3 hours EASTWARD, that messes with their inner clock? ZERO, that's how many.
East Coast Bias is a REAL advantage, Scheduling 10 years in advance doesn't alter that advantage.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
adeltaY":28axygbr said:

And one more Super Bowl win.

We've been really fortunate. I hope that continues.

mistaowen

Reaction score
scutterhawk":2r9v78dz said:
adeltaY":2r9v78dz said:
scutterhawk":2r9v78dz said:
homerun1970":2r9v78dz said:

When you play inferior teams in your division on a regular basis, you can come through without too many (if any) INJURIES, injuries that can hamper you in the playoffs, so facing some "first place teams" that haven't had the luxury of PLAYING AN EASY DIVISION RIVALS, and aren't fully healthy.
What teams do the Patriots have to play, where they must travel to play 3 hours EASTWARD, that messes with their inner clock? ZERO, that's how many.
East Coast Bias is a REAL advantage, Scheduling 10 years in advance doesn't alter that advantage.

Injuries are random, Chargers just lost their rising star TE Hunter Henry during drills for the season. Every team has a roster of NFL caliber players trying to kill the other team each week so just because their records aren't as good doesn't mean they don't come away bruised and battered. Pats plug and play so it hasn't been an issue and the only one who matters is Brady.

AFC East is certainly less competitive (AFC in general is) but they take care of business every season. What they've accomplished is nothing to shrug off. Luckily, the wheels seem to be slowly falling off the Belichick/Brady train so hopefully new teams can come along like the Jags.

Hope Pete and JS stay around for a long time, I'm excited to see a new wave of players flourish like they have since they got here!

adeltaY

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1xuq9wsj said:
adeltaY":1xuq9wsj said:

No one has two SB wins over the same span besides the Pats. The difference between having one ring and two is huge IMO, and that's as a franchise all-time. Winning two in three years is phenomenal to add to the three you already had is phenomenal.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
adeltaY":wesykwt3 said:
bmorepunk":wesykwt3 said:
adeltaY":wesykwt3 said:

No one has two SB wins over the same span besides the Pats. The difference between having one ring and two is huge IMO, and that's as a franchise all-time. Winning two in three years is phenomenal to add to the three you already had is phenomenal.

The Seahawks aren't the Patriots. They don't have Brady and Belechick.

But the Seahawks weren't that far away from winning two and the Patriots having one at this point. And it took such an amazing meltdown from the Falcons for them to win that one.

The Seahawks could have been better. So could the Patriots. The best franchise run in NFL history still went nine straight years without winning a Super Bowl.