Do you believe?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":xlbdunpz said:
scutterhawk":xlbdunpz said:
vin.couve12":xlbdunpz said:
scutterhawk":xlbdunpz said:
You don't know that for a fact...Wilson was able to scramble for a few hundred yards and bolster the run game, & that's just ONE of the differences that he brings to the game, PLUS, he's shown durability, and Luck?, not so much.
It takes more than just having a good arm.
Wilson has survived shitty Pass protection, + he was the Seahawks top rusher last season.
RW had a Luck like season last year on a Luck like team, albeit still having a better than average defense (11th in yards, 13th in pts).

Doesn't get you anywhere and if they were to keep playing hero ball, RW will end up just like him.

There's literally no point in trying to make a point about how good he is while playing on a losing team with bad, desperate team philosophy. That's Colt fan-esque and that actually IS the point. It's self demise.

Hero Ball, Schmero Ball...With a shit run game, Wilson was still keeping games within reach, now imagine what the W/L would have looked like had the Run game and Blair Walsh had just been a fraction better.
Cable's Crap Coaching of the O-Line (limiting Bevell's Play Calls) produced a nonexistent Run Blocking/Pass Protection.
The way I see it, the Offensive Line with Solari, is going to get better (can't possibly get any worse), and under Schottenheimer, Creativity, a better Run Game & a more opened playbook, WILL give Russell Wilson a huge advantage......
I'm NOT putting Wilson on a pedestal, but one has to marvel at how much Crap that he's had to endure over the last 4+ seasons, and still be considered one of the Top Three Quarterbacks in the League, so, I am going to give him props for playing savvy Football, and "turning chicken shit into chicken salad".
You and I aren't even talking about the same thing at this point. I'm talking about team football and you're talking about players because somehow RW fanatics take offense at ideology that makes RW more successful. Then again, I did reply to a "who's coming with me?" beleiver thread.
giphy.gif

You are not very good at condescension...We ARE indeed talking about the same thing...BETTER O-Line COACHING, BETTER Supporting cast Etc.
I don't believe that there's going to be a sharp drop-off in Defensive talent, like many in here are expounding.
I'm first and foremost a TEAM SEAHAWKS fan, but I'm not going to deny that I'm a big Russell Wilson fan...He's earned every single accolade he's getting from his fans.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":k7sfevp8 said:
jammerhawk":k7sfevp8 said:
So for you Pitt it’s a preemptive disparagement?

The team sucks so much that 8-8 is their sad reality at best. Why even watch? Why even follow their tribulations? So says you, so we all have our heads up our rears if we think a bit less pessimistically than you? OK, but it seems to me I can still see the light. :rumble:

Your negativity is tedious, what if some of back up younger players playing behind all these lost talents turn out to be as the team hoped, i.e.: actually good? They can’t all be second raters can they? Oh wait, that’s your glass half empty view isn’t it? The real talent has left the building and their replacements are no talent bums. The FO has failed and the team is mediocre, pedestrian, untalented, and could not stand up to the Uber talented Rams, 49ers, or the Cardinals.

I doubt PC ot JS would agree with your viewpoií.

Lol, whats so wrong with expecting a .500 record for a team thats rebuilding? What should somebodys expectations be? Why would a fan not watch his team when so many areas are going to unfold? I'm super interested to see what happens and how it happens this year even though i'm not super pumped about our final outcome. This season is a building year. Next season is when we should be expecting real results. Also, its silly thinking that the players we signed this season are equal to the talent of the guys let go. For the life of me, I dont know why some are so determined in convincing themselves otherwise. The team had no money and signed who they could. They had an alright draft to go along with that, so yeah, theres going to be some mediocre, pedestrian players out there this season. Should be expected, but some cant accept it for one reason or another. When the team does finish around the .500 mark like I predicted, all the people who are clamoring that the team is awesome right now and will compete will just say that it was a rebuilding year and thats ok, while thats all i'm saying right now.
There is nothing wrong with predicting a .500 record for this year. I seem to notice that for the most part, you present a negative slant that stands out.
If someone wishes to, they could easily find many mistakes we made in our SB blowout over Denver.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":1psx71ds said:
If someone wishes to, they could easily find many mistakes we made in our SB blowout over Denver.

Indeed! After all, we allowed them to score 8 points! :stirthepot:

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I believe the Seahawks need to play the young guys to give them experience and develop them.

This years "core" players are in my opinion: Wilson, Britt, Brown, Lockett, Reed, Clark, Wagner, Wright, Shaquill, and Coleman.

I'm not including Earl because he is holding out and we don't know when he'll return or not and rookies.

IMO you have to go .500 or less when you are developing new players before they hit their "stride" and build chemistry and start winning a lot of games.

Why is not expecting the Seahawks to go 12-4 or even 10-6 a bad thing?

It's inevitable if your "rebuilding" and building a "new" core for the future, you will go through growing pains and lose games.

My prediction is 8-8, but I don't think being 8-8 is such a "negative" thing to say.

But that's just me.

Atradees

Reaction score
Luck would have checked out early on our team just like he does to his own team every year. So really the comparison is mute. Rw will win us at least 9 games....all by himself.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The record may not reflect it but I believe the 2018 Seahawks will be a better team overall than 2017 Seahawks. The simple fact is they got rid of 3 in over their heads coaches - Cable, Bevell, and Richard. Richard is a superb DB coach but not a good DC. That's improvement by attrition.

While Walsh is a terrible kicker, looking back it was the best thing that happened. Had he made those FGs, the Seahawks would have likely won couple of more games and made the playoffs. That would have been nice but Cable, Bevell, and Richard would still be on the Seahawk payroll in their same positions. That wouldn't have been good.

I do believe.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3i1b81pk said:
vin.couve12":3i1b81pk said:
scutterhawk":3i1b81pk said:
vin.couve12":3i1b81pk said:
RW had a Luck like season last year on a Luck like team, albeit still having a better than average defense (11th in yards, 13th in pts).

Doesn't get you anywhere and if they were to keep playing hero ball, RW will end up just like him.

There's literally no point in trying to make a point about how good he is while playing on a losing team with bad, desperate team philosophy. That's Colt fan-esque and that actually IS the point. It's self demise.

Hero Ball, Schmero Ball...With a shit run game, Wilson was still keeping games within reach, now imagine what the W/L would have looked like had the Run game and Blair Walsh had just been a fraction better.
Cable's Crap Coaching of the O-Line (limiting Bevell's Play Calls) produced a nonexistent Run Blocking/Pass Protection.
The way I see it, the Offensive Line with Solari, is going to get better (can't possibly get any worse), and under Schottenheimer, Creativity, a better Run Game & a more opened playbook, WILL give Russell Wilson a huge advantage......
I'm NOT putting Wilson on a pedestal, but one has to marvel at how much Crap that he's had to endure over the last 4+ seasons, and still be considered one of the Top Three Quarterbacks in the League, so, I am going to give him props for playing savvy Football, and "turning chicken shit into chicken salad".
You and I aren't even talking about the same thing at this point. I'm talking about team football and you're talking about players because somehow RW fanatics take offense at ideology that makes RW more successful. Then again, I did reply to a "who's coming with me?" beleiver thread.
giphy.gif

You are not very good at condescension...We ARE indeed talking about the same thing...BETTER O-Line COACHING, BETTER Supporting cast Etc.
I don't believe that there's going to be a sharp drop-off in Defensive talent, like many in here are expounding.
I'm first and foremost a TEAM SEAHAWKS fan, but I'm not going to deny that I'm a big Russell Wilson fan...He's earned every single accolade he's getting from his fans.
No.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Atradees":12d4u69e said:
Luck would have checked out early on our team just like he does to his own team every year. So really the comparison is mute. Rw will win us at least 9 games....all by himself.
It's got nothing to do with Luck.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":8svc4pch said:
No.[/quote]
"NO" what, A. - you don't understand?, B.- "NO" you're being disagreeable?, C.- "NO" you don't believe that the team devoid of Cable,& Bevell with new coaching in their stead, is going to be > BETTER OFF THAN LAST SEASON< D. - "NO" you don't believe that RW deserves the "Accolades", OR, E. -> ALL THE ABOVE?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LudwigsDrummer":3tny79a0 said:
I thought I gave an opinion. You say out of our new K game, P game, run game, OL coach change, OC change, or draft some of these won't work out. Which department won't benefit from the newbies?
My opinion is each of those mentioned will add to this team.

I kind of figured this reading your posts. Believing every area of the team is somewhat improved isnt being realistic. The kicking game? Who knows. Its even money that Janakowski doesnt even make the entire season and who knows how effective he'll be even if he does. I know we had to move on from Walsh, but I thought he was a terrible signing. The guys a fossil and had serious issues the past couple of seasons. P game? Kid looks awesome but he's a rookie. We'll see. OL? Elated Cable is gone and expect improvement here. Saying that, I still expect them to be bad. I dont think theres much talent there for Solari to work with. Offense? Nothing makes me happier than Bevell being canned, but its hard to say if Schottenheimer is going to be much of an upgrade. I know the team is bound and determined to run the ball this season and I hope we can with how much we invested to do so. Cant be worse than last season, but as to how good it will actually be is up in the air. Carson and Penny havent done anything in the NFL yet. Unproven and huge question marks. And then theres that Oline again. On defense, i'm still concerned and wondering where our pass rush is going to come from. I think we're going to struggle in that area and I believe the less talented secondary will suffer for it. Its important that Earl plays for this very reason.

This team is a huge unknown right now. I'm excited and interested to see how it all plays out, but this is the first time in a long time that I dont have any expectations. I'm actually somewhat relieved that I dont. I'm going to enjoy the season. If we overachieve and somehow compete for a wildcard this year,,,,,great. If we end up sucking,,,,who cares. Its just the beginning of the process. Next season though,,,,,,,

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Rat":g5zgqqzj said:
I don't have much hope that we'll pressure the Rams for the division, unless they absolutely get their asses kicked by injury, but I think there's enough here to seriously contend for a wildcard.

Even if we're "rebuilding", it is difficult for me to see a Russell Wilson-led team finishing with just 4-6 wins. Defense could take a small step back into the league's Tier 2, I wish we had more weapons in the passing game, and the OL is an ultimate wildcard. Running game should be much improved though, and there is still a fair amount of talent on D. Special teams should be considerably better. Players are saying the right things right now, but they do that every offseason. I rarely allow myself to get carried away with that stuff.

I don't know if that's "believing". This looks like a 9-7 team to me, but I would hardly be shocked if we do one or two wins better than that. I'm excited to watch, even if I don't think the season ends with a Lombardi Trophy.

Great post

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
vin.couve12":93d9lwxp said:
The thought that RW makes us a SB contender might as well make you an Indianapolis Colt. That's what they believe as an organization and as a fan base and they ran Luck into the dirt. In fact, RW was not unlike Luck last year. What you're asking for will be RW's undoing.

Second thing is that the commitment to a strong and even dominant run game....absolutely constitutes building around RW. Getting back to team football rather than the hero ball we've been playing will net more consistent productivity on offense.
:ditto:

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
Atradees":jm1xy9nz said:
Luck cannot be compared to the Superbowl winning Wilson. Luck may never even get to the Big Show. Wilson will go back to it again.

You know they did beat us head up that year, rewatch that game. We were the best team in the league that year and luck owned us that game. I’m not a luck guy either

vin.couve12

Reaction score
scutterhawk":17x8arwd said:
vin.couve12":17x8arwd said:
No.
"NO" what, A. - you don't understand?, B.- "NO" you're being disagreeable?, C.- "NO" you don't believe that the team devoid of Cable,& Bevell with new coaching in their stead, is going to be > BETTER OFF THAN LAST SEASON< D. - "NO" you don't believe that RW deserves the "Accolades", OR, E. -> ALL THE ABOVE?[/quote]

None of the above. You're out of your element, Donny.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
hawksincebirth":3e4m4j3y said:
Atradees":3e4m4j3y said:
Luck cannot be compared to the Superbowl winning Wilson. Luck may never even get to the Big Show. Wilson will go back to it again.

You know they did beat us head up that year, rewatch that game. We were the best team in the league that year and luck owned us that game. I’m not a luck guy either

Ehhh. Still think we should have won that game. Lot of fluke crap went down that day.

Can't win them all though and stuff happens during the season.

AgentDib

Reaction score
One benefit to embracing uncertainty is it frees you from truncating your opinions so they fit neatly into either optimistic or pessimistic buckets. It's weird to see two sides form on a topic where there are nearly infinite possibilities.

Past results do not predict future performance very well in the NFL and in my view it's entirely plausible that we could finish anywhere from 5-11 to 12-4 depending on player growth and injuries. The league is exciting because we don't know how individual games are going to go and it's silly to pencil in either wins or losses the week leading up to the game, let alone many months ahead of time before training camp even begins.

It's consistent to think the 2018 Hawks have an expected win total around 8 but also a good shot at a playoffs run if things turn out in their favor.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3qat4fyj said:
LudwigsDrummer":3qat4fyj said:
I thought I gave an opinion. You say out of our new K game, P game, run game, OL coach change, OC change, or draft some of these won't work out. Which department won't benefit from the newbies?
My opinion is each of those mentioned will add to this team.

I kind of figured this reading your posts. Believing every area of the team is somewhat improved isnt being realistic. The kicking game? Who knows. Its even money that Janakowski doesnt even make the entire season and who knows how effective he'll be even if he does. I know we had to move on from Walsh, but I thought he was a terrible signing. The guys a fossil and had serious issues the past couple of seasons. P game? Kid looks awesome but he's a rookie. We'll see. OL? Elated Cable is gone and expect improvement here. Saying that, I still expect them to be bad. I dont think theres much talent there for Solari to work with. Offense? Nothing makes me happier than Bevell being canned, but its hard to say if Schottenheimer is going to be much of an upgrade. I know the team is bound and determined to run the ball this season and I hope we can with how much we invested to do so. Cant be worse than last season, but as to how good it will actually be is up in the air. Carson and Penny havent done anything in the NFL yet. Unproven and huge question marks. And then theres that Oline again. On defense, i'm still concerned and wondering where our pass rush is going to come from. I think we're going to struggle in that area and I believe the less talented secondary will suffer for it. Its important that Earl plays for this very reason.

This team is a huge unknown right now. I'm excited and interested to see how it all plays out, but this is the first time in a long time that I dont have any expectations. I'm actually somewhat relieved that I dont. I'm going to enjoy the season. If we overachieve and somehow compete for a wildcard this year,,,,,great. If we end up sucking,,,,who cares. Its just the beginning of the process. Next season though,,,,,,,
Good post!
I completely agree this year we are a team of unknowns, with many larger than life players no longer on the team.
IDK if Jan is going to K for us, but like you I don't think our K game will be worse. So, I predict we will be a little better in that department.
The new P will be an upgrade over Ryan, who many of us adored including me. I think he will WOW us. Upgrade.
OL...slight improvement at the minimum...Solari>Cable. Slight upgrade 1st year...hoping.
Shotty...slight improvement over Bev. If we can run, the team will appear instantly better than last year and Shotty will look good to the fans until they get bored with running.
DL is a downgrade. We dropped off a bit. It will take a year or 2 to replenish.
LB, I say better. I think when we run a 4-3, Shaqueem>Wilhoite. I have nothing but faith in that call as a 5th round LB usually doesn't replace a marginal vet...but it's 50/50 that happen, IMO.
DB's, I'm not worried about Maxi and Shaq, sale with Coleman as the nickel. ET will play, whoever plays SS needs to earn that spot.
I'm here to tell you Carson and Penny together will definitely upgrade our run game. How can we not improve from last year's results?
For me, I will maintain a positive vibe towards these additions until they prove to me otherwise. So, I'm good with giving them a shot.
I'm saying we are improving. It will take a couple of years, but I have faith in our FO. I think they learned some stuff this year.
Team chemistry has improved! Hard to quantify that but it has merit.
In short summary, I see positive things evolving with our team. I own rose colored glasses but if pressed, I'd predict a 9-7 season.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
The draft was obviously built around the running game that PC wanted to fix. Granted, the defense may give up a few more points per game, however, with an improved running game, perhaps they score a bunch more points per game while also having a more rested defense due to ball control and clock stretching plays. IMO-The kicking game will be improved both in place kicking and especially punting. The return game, IMO, with Penny & Lockett, et. al. will be at or near the best in the league. Or, so I believe. (+ over -)

:smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":2q20ytg5 said:
The draft was obviously built around the running game that PC wanted to fix. Granted, the defense may give up a few more points per game, however, with an improved running game, perhaps they score a bunch more points per game while also having a more rested defense due to ball control and clock stretching plays. IMO-The kicking game will be improved both in place kicking and especially punting. The return game, IMO, with Penny & Lockett, et. al. will be at or near the best in the league. Or, so I believe. (+ over -)

:smilingalien:

Defense could be improved simply by not giving opposing offenses as many attempts to score by our offense not having as many three and outs.